g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Future United team

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
In five years its almost impossible to know what the make up of the team will be given some of the external factors in play.

If there is the promised uk referendum and we come out of europe where would that leave us in respect of the right to work and free movement? - Remember as well the FA have said this week they want to strictly enforce the 75% of last two years internationals to get a work permit and virtually axe the right of appeal on special talent.

so certainly in theory the likes of De Gea, Pereira, Milinkovic, Rafael, Varela, Vermijl, Janko, Mcconnel, Tuanzebe, Mensah, Dunne, Fletcher (subject to independence vote), Blind, Anderson, Herrera, Mata, Perreira, Janauaj, Henriquez, would all currently not get a work permt!

Plus any other players we brought in especially at a development level would need to factor in the workpermit issues

Decotron

I just don't get it. Maybe you could elaborate on your point instead of criticizing me for not providing what your post also lacked.
Watching him since his academy days, watched him on loan, reading Brum forums about his performances and watching him in the first team here.

Im repeating myself from another thread at this stage but his "rise" into the first team has been down to circumstances rather than ability. Wilson would be the polar opposite to him in the sense even with lots of options in is position he has still pushed his way into the squad.

Don't mean to be harsh on the kid, fair play to him for grasping his opportunity but Id still confidently rate Thorpe ahead of him as a defender.

Fahad Jawaid

In five years its almost impossible to know what the make up of the team will be given some of the external factors in play.

If there is the promised uk referendum and we come out of europe where would that leave us in respect of the right to work and free movement? - Remember as well the FA have said this week they want to strictly enforce the 75% of last two years internationals to get a work permit and virtually axe the right of appeal on special talent.

so certainly in theory the likes of De Gea, Pereira, Milinkovic, Rafael, Varela, Vermijl, Janko, Mcconnel, Tuanzebe, Mensah, Dunne, Fletcher (subject to independence vote), Blind, Anderson, Herrera, Mata, Perreira, Janauaj, Henriquez, would all currently not get a work permt!

Plus any other players we brought in especially at a development level would need to factor in the workpermit issues
I think that rule is for only non EU players which would mean the likes of Mata, Herrera, Blind, De Gea, Janujaz, Perreira and others who belong to EU countries wouldn't have that problem.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think that rule is for only non EU players which would mean the likes of Mata, Herrera, Blind, De Gea, Janujaz, Perreira and others who belong to EU countries wouldn't have that problem.
unless in the 2015 referendum we vote to come out of europe and as such the right of free movement for workers no longer applies then european players need work permits...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Future united team threads are always cringeworthy, mainly because they tend to end up laughably wrong.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Don't really understand this response. Much like Michael Keane and Reece James he isn't good enough for us. He is only getting a run in the team at the minute due to injuries. I'd be surprised if he is still at the club this time next year.
yet he continues to get in the team over experienced defenders (I get that we have injuries now) and he has looked great.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Watching him since his academy days, watched him on loan, reading Brum forums about his performances and watching him in the first team here.

Im repeating myself from another thread at this stage but his "rise" into the first team has been down to circumstances rather than ability. Wilson would be the polar opposite to him in the sense even with lots of options in is position he has still pushed his way into the squad.

Don't mean to be harsh on the kid, fair play to him for grasping his opportunity but Id still confidently rate Thorpe ahead of him as a defender.
I'd have to rate Thorpe higher myself. I think you're spot on.

Blackett had certainly impressed, but he hasn't really been tested yet.

Redo91

I disagree. Fact is he's played just 4 first team games so neither of really have any idea how he will develop and it's all speculation and opinion thus far. However I've been impressed with his composure on the ball. His positional discipline is also very good. I think he's looked our best defender this year. Anyway, my opinion that I believe he has what it takes is just as valid as yours that you think he won't make it, although in reality neither are in any way valid as we have seen only 4 first team games and (in my case) some of his youth games but they can't be used to judge. Plus we haven't seen him in training. In any case, to say you're surprised that someone thinks he can make it is wrong tbh.
I saw a decent amount of him for our under 18's and 21's and he never really stood out for me. Again when he went on pre-season tours with the first team he didn't convince me. My opinion hasn't changed based on what I've seen so far this season. I appreciate that players develop at different rates but he needs to improve immeasurably if he is going to be good enough for us. Personally I've always rated Thorpe more highly.

Wanna bet?

Granted he kind of fell into his opportunity but he taken it with both hands.
Not many people would have predicted back in May that Lawrence would have been sold already. He is only in the team due to injuries at the moment.

Taken it with both hands? He has done ok but nothing more.

yet he continues to get in the team over experienced defenders (I get that we have injuries now) and he has looked great.
This post makes absolutely no sense! :lol: Off course he is being selected ahead of more experienced players if they are INJURED! Me or you would be picked ahead of Jones at the minute as he can't physically play. If fit Jones, Rojo, Smalling and Evans are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Once they are available (plus Shaw so Rojo can play at CB) he won't even be making the bench. The only fit CB he has been picked ahead of so far this season is Michael Keane and he is just as inexperienced as Blackett.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
I saw a decent amount of him for our under 18's and 21's and he never really stood out for me. Again when he went on pre-season tours with the first team he didn't convince me. My opinion hasn't changed based on what I've seen so far this season. I appreciate that players develop at different rates but he needs to improve immeasurably if he is going to be good enough for us. Personally I've always rated Thorpe more highly.

Not many people would have predicted back in May that Lawrence would have been sold already. He is only in the team due to injuries at the moment.

Taken it with both hands? He has done ok but nothing more.

This post makes absolutely no sense! :lol: Off course he is being selected ahead of more experienced players if they are INJURED! Me or you would be picked ahead of Jones at the minute as he can't physically play. If fit Jones, Rojo, Smalling and Evans are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Once they are available (plus Shaw so Rojo can play at CB) he won't even be making the bench. The only fit CB he has been picked ahead of so far this season is Michael Keane and he is just as inexperienced as Blackett.
I mean't prior to them being injured he has been making it in the team every game, without fail. This is not such a difficult concept to understand ":lol:"

Redo91

I mean't prior to them being injured he has been making it in the team every game, without fail. This is not such a difficult concept to understand ":lol:"
Yet you seem to be struggling greatly with it...

Prior to them being injured?

First game of the season against Swansea he started alongside Smalling and Jones. Evans was INJURED. Keane was our only CB on the bench.

Game against Sunderland he played alongside Smalling and Jones again. Evans still INJURED. Keane was our only CB on the bench coming on for Smalling who got INJURED.

Against Burnley he played beside Jones and Evans. Smalling out INJURED. Again Keane our only CB on the bench.

Finally against QPR he played with Evans and Rojo, the latter playing at LB. Smalling and Jones out injured. No CB on the bench with Shaw being the only defensive cover.

You said that Blackett has been chosen ahead of more experienced defenders when they were fit. That is simply wrong. For none of our league matches was three of Jones, Smalling, Rojo or Evans available. These are the "more experienced" defenders you are referring to. As this was the case in each of our league games (except the QPR game where he had no competition) it was a straight choice between Blackett and Keane as to who was going to start. Therefore he wasn't being chosen ahead of "more experienced" defenders, but an equally inexperienced defender.

Now that we have switched to a back four and Shaw is available, his chances will be extremely limited. As I have explained to you above he was only in the team due to injuries, and that's a fact. If and when Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Evans are all fit, Blackett will be back playing with the under 21's or go out on loan. He will only be back in our starting XI if we suffer a similar injury crisis to the one that we have just experienced.

This is not such a difficult concept to understand ":lol:"

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Yet you seem to be struggling greatly with it...

Prior to them being injured?

First game of the season against Swansea he started alongside Smalling and Jones. Evans was INJURED. Keane was our only CB on the bench.

Game against Sunderland he played alongside Smalling and Jones again. Evans still INJURED. Keane was our only CB on the bench coming on for Smalling who got INJURED.

Against Burnley he played beside Jones and Evans. Smalling out INJURED. Again Keane our only CB on the bench.

Finally against QPR he played with Evans and Rojo, the latter playing at LB. Smalling and Jones out injured. No CB on the bench with Shaw being the only defensive cover.

You said that Blackett has been chosen ahead of more experienced defenders when they were fit. That is simply wrong. For none of our league matches was three of Jones, Smalling, Rojo or Evans available. These are the "more experienced" defenders you are referring to. As this was the case in each of our league games (except the QPR game where he had no competition) it was a straight choice between Blackett and Keane as to who was going to start. Therefore he wasn't being chosen ahead of "more experienced" defenders, but an equally inexperienced defender.

Now that we have switched to a back four and Shaw is available, his chances will be extremely limited. As I have explained to you above he was only in the team due to injuries, and that's a fact. If and when Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Evans are all fit, Blackett will be back playing with the under 21's or go out on loan. He will only be back in our starting XI if we suffer a similar injury crisis to the one that we have just experienced.

This is not such a difficult concept to understand ":lol:"
I think he will continue to make the starting line up, since theres no reason for him not to. Next to Jones he has been our best defender. I don't know why you're so happy to discredit the boys performances.

pseudo_canadian

In the modern game it's so hard to tell what the make-up of a team will be 3-5 years on.

All I hope for is that youth players are mixed in with star talent and that the team is balanced.

Redo91

I think he will continue to make the starting line up, since theres no reason for him not to. Next to Jones he has been our best defender. I don't know why you're so happy to discredit the boys performances.
1) I'm not happy to discredit his performance. You said he was being picked ahead of more experienced defenders which was wrong and I was correcting you.

2) He won't continue to start making the starting line up. If Shaw is fit to start against Leicester out CB's will be Rojo and Evans. There is still Jones and Smalling out injured as well. Do you honestly think he will start ahead of 4 experienced internationals?

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
1) I'm not happy to discredit his performance. You said he was being picked ahead of more experienced defenders which was wrong and I was correcting you.

2) He won't continue to start making the starting line up. If Shaw is fit to start against Leicester out CB's will be Rojo and Evans. There is still Jones and Smalling out injured as well. Do you honestly think he will start ahead of 4 experienced internationals?
he has a good chance based on his performances.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's been the best right-back in our squad for a few seasons now. Just needs to stay fit.
Exactly. But what's the use in having a captain that sat on the injury table half the time?

Decotron

he has a good chance based on his performances.
LVG said this after the last game

"We have very intelligent players. The most important thing is not the system but the philosophy. Tyler Blackett is a little bit lucky because a lot of central defenders are injured. He made a very good performance but there are also other defenders to come."

Pretty strong hint right there.

JSMHE

Future united team threads are always cringeworthy, mainly because they tend to end up laughably wrong.
It is. But it is an excitement thread as well. The excitement feeling towards our youth players

Kaos

This should have been our first team by now apparently:

------------------Foster-----------------
--Rafael-----Evans-----Evans----Fabio
------ --Possebon-----Anderson------
---Nani---------Rooney--------Tosic---
-----------------Welbeck-----------------

JSMHE

So far,

1) Januzaj, Wilson and Blackett seems to be the ones are looking promising in first team at the moment.
2) I'm feeling my excitement on Ben Pearson, and my guess is he will make it to first team
3) LVG seems likes Andreas Pereira
4) Michael Keane, Joe Rothwell and Powell have good future as well
5) The rest, I'm still not so sure. So far we haven't seen Varela to be favour in LVG right back plan.
Janko? Well we will see.
Reece, I think he has a good future.. But I'm afraid he might become another Richardson.

Time will tell.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It is. But it is an excitement thread as well. The excitement feeling towards our youth players
Excitement = Hype, which almost always ends up in disappointment when the youngsters don't turn into class of 92 type stars. We've seen it over the years with the likes of Djordic, Chadwick, Eagles, and to a lesser extent Cleverley and Welbeck. All highly rated coming up, and all to varying degrees, not good enough (although that's debatable with Welbeck).

JSMHE

Excitement = Hype, which almost always ends up in disappointment when the youngsters don't turn into class of 92 type stars. We've seen it over the years with the likes of Djordic, Chadwick, Eagles, and to a lesser extent Cleverley and Welbeck. All highly rated coming up, and all to varying degrees, not good enough (although that's debatable with Welbeck).
Nothing wrong with being like that. It's normal to get excitement on youngsters. The discussion will always be interesting everytime we are talking about young talented players. Disappointment is also part of it. Some players just don't develop quicker or stop.

ricky-romeo

This should have been our first team by now apparently:

------------------Foster-----------------
--Rafael-----Evans-----Evans----Fabio
------ --Possebon-----Anderson------
---Nani---------Rooney--------Tosic---
-----------------Welbeck-----------------
:)

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
According to this thread Blackett is a lucky bastard who doesn't deserve anything.