Gabriel Fernando to United from City

Brophs

The One and Only

I saw this on Mr. Mujac's Twitter. Obviously I know nothing about him.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Can file this under the Varela 'does not count' category but is he any good?

jeston

Sort of related but didn't we sign some bang average defender from City a couple of years back? I think he was here for 6 months then left

Frederic Veseli. He joined for 6 months then got a further 1 year contract. Left this summer and joined Ipswich

Ekeke

Dont get excited, he will turn out to be a wonder kid in a couple of years and then we'll give him away to another club.
Very much doubt it.

He'll probably be about Veseli's level, another who left on a free from City. Not too many good players do that

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apparently rejected a scholarship deal with City and left them as a free agent.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Not too many good players do that

Why not? City are trying to develop this Etihad campus thingey, but United are still the club with a proven track record of bringing youngsters through.

For any young player it should be a no brainer.

LR7

A quote from Crewe's Dario Gradi for some perspective on City's academy:

One of our 15-year-old kids was approached by Manchester City. I told him he couldn’t go, certainly until he was 16 when we would receive compensation. Anyway, David Platt rang me up, City’s assistant manager at the time and a former Crewe academy product. He said: ‘I’ve found out we are after one of your boys. Would you like me to come and speak to him and tell him not to come? There is no point in him going to City. We have hundreds of them here and don’t know what to do with them.’ He signed for Liverpool in the end.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eed-introduce-quota-series.html#ixzz2cX9eb4c9

Mojo_pin

He has deleted a few of his tweets. In one he mentioned having a nice chat with Ando and Rio.

Mister Ed

Always like it when they refuse City for United.

A little fella called Ryan Giggs did it once, and look how he turned out :drool:

Ekeke

Was posted on bluemoon. They talked about him being impatient, being banned from using twitter for a while too. Moved around a fair bit already, Sporting to Spurs, Flamengo, City and now United

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems to be a bit of a Guido judging by his Twitter account. Do not want.
What's a 'Guido'?

Also, isn't he like 15? Surely being whatever a Guido actually is at 15 should not be held against someone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Apparently I means "lower-class or working-class urban Italian American."

Erm, why would anyone have an issue with that?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Apparently I means "lower-class or working-class urban Italian American."

Erm, why would anyone have an issue with that?
I was actually familiar with that expression - although I just thought that couldn't possbly be what he has a problem with.

King_Eric

First of all, it was a joke :lol: S

econd of all, Guido's are not just working-class urban Italian Americans.

These are Guido's:

Just noticed that he makes pouting faces on almost all his pictures, a typical 'Guido-trademark'.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Whatever about anything else, he's a sound lad on snapchat. Regularly snaps me and replies to stuff. Sent me a quick snap of inside Carrington yesterday, don't know if he should be doing that though!