Gabriel (Lille player) / signed for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

treble_winner

Not lightening quick but quicker than the two we currently have according to what I have read.

I haven't ever watched him play but apparently he can ping a ball over the top to the forwards with deadly accuracy.
Sold! Make it happen, Woody!
Who cares if the opponents score one against us if we can score two? Manchester United should always look to outscore the opponents. Even defenders and fullbacks need to have good assist stats. If he can ping a ball over to our forwards like Pogba does, he would be a great asset to us with Rashford, Martial and Sancho running behind defenses. I don't care if a defender leaks goals, as long as racks up higher assists/goals for us.

eltigreFalcao

Gabriel is an excellent young defender, wouldn't mind him coming and pushing the rest of the lot to a higher standars.

But in all honestly, now that we're linked with Badiashille, i think it makes more sense. Were coming into next season with a fav2 in CB, with Bailly and Tuanzebe there to grab a chance or provide depth. Badiashille is one for the future, one to be groomed in the next gen and hopefully play alongside mengi, laird, williams in 5 years or so

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Gabriel is an excellent young defender, wouldn't mind him coming and pushing the rest of the lot to a higher standars.

But in all honestly, now that we're linked with Badiashille, i think it makes more sense. Were coming into next season with a fav2 in CB, with Bailly and Tuanzebe there to grab a chance or provide depth. Badiashille is one for the future, one to be groomed in the next gen and hopefully play alongside mengi, laird, williams in 5 years or so
Why not sign both and sell Jones and Bailly? Optimistic I know but that would be ideal.

Maguire, Lindelof, Gabrielle, Tuanzebe and Badiashille is a good set of center backs both for now and the future with Mengi also in the mix in a couple of years (at the expense of Lindelof?)

ruskyline

Gabriel still needs to improve in key areas such as his confidence to break lines with his ground passes or reading of the game, but with his remarkable physical attributes combined with his pinpoint long balls, he is the ideal defensive signing for Manchester United to partner Maguire. Moreover, his relatively cheap asking price of £25 million will allow United to focus their funds on other pressing needs without dedicating too much of their budget to fixing their defense.

We are also linked with Skriniar from Inter for straight swap of Smalling & Sanchez. This has the word disaster written all over it and I hope it doesn't go throguh. I personally rate Smalling better than him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sounds like 100% agent just using our name to get more money elsewhere.

Whenever agents go public saying we are in talks the transfer never happens.

swedishgloryhunter

Gabriel still needs to improve in key areas such as his confidence to break lines with his ground passes or reading of the game, but with his remarkable physical attributes combined with his pinpoint long balls, he is the ideal defensive signing for Manchester United to partner Maguire. Moreover, his relatively cheap asking price of £25 million will allow United to focus their funds on other pressing needs without dedicating too much of their budget to fixing their defense.

We are also linked with Skriniar from Inter for straight swap of Smalling & Sanchez. This has the word disaster written all over it and I hope it doesn't go throguh. I personally rate Smalling better than him.
Dont forget rusky to inform about your source since you used most of the text from this analys. https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-gabriel-magalhaes/

ruskyline

Last edited:

nainaisson

Maguire, Lindelof, Gabrielle, Tuanzebe and Badiashille is a good set of center backs both for now and the future with Mengi also in the mix in a couple of years (at the expense of Lindelof?)
Tuanzebe has disappeared from the face of the Earth, and Gabrielle and Badiashille have only managed to impress in a largely unimpressive league, but you're already planning on jettisoning our only consistently decent and injury-free centre-back of the past two seasons to accommodate them.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem with Lindelof. He had a shaky start to the season, but he's been at least as good as Maguire for the rest of the season, especially in our last and arguably most important game in which he was our best player.

beingshe7don

Tuanzebe has disappeared from the face of the Earth, and Gabrielle and Badiashille have only managed to impress in a largely unimpressive league, but you're already planning on jettisoning our only consistently decent and injury-free centre-back of the past two seasons to accommodate them.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem with Lindelof. He had a shaky start to the season, but he's been at least as good as Maguire for the rest of the season, especially in our last and arguably most important game in which he was our best player.
I agree... It would be foolish to sell Lindelof. He may not be my first choice to line up with Maguire but he's no slouch of a defender and could be a really good bench player or if any of our first choice CBs are injured, suspended or need to be rested, he could come in and do a good enough job. Tuanzebe although is good, the jury is still out of whether he can stay fit and perform consistently over the course of a season. But I think bringing in a CB is definitely important and Badiashile looks really good for the age that he is. He's tall, quick and he able to find a pass when closed down.

I think Smalling, Jones, Rojo need to leave right now. I would have liked to get rid of Bailly as well but with Tuanzebe and Bailly's failure to remain fit over the course of a season, we might be left a little light weight in defense.

Would like to have Bailly moved on as well. He's played 83 games in all competitions for us over the course of 4 seasons with the last season equating to 9 games in all competitions. He's averaged about 20 games per season in which United play around 62 games per season which is less than a third. For someone whose earning 80000/ week, that makes no sense and I don't even want get started with Jones. I rather we brought our youngsters through and use the wages to do some charity if anything.

My CBs for this upcoming season would be
Maguire, Badiashile, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe and Mengi

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sounds like 100% agent just using our name to get more money elsewhere.

Whenever agents go public saying we are in talks the transfer never happens.
We will only know if he chooses Everton over us. So far Simone Stones has said nothing about it.

Mark Pawelek

As long as he puts his first name on the back of his shirt, sure why not?
Given he's Brazilian it'd be very unusual not to put his first name on the back of his shirt. He only has the Brazilian passport. No EU passport. He's not played senior internationals. The only concern would be getting clearance to play from the FA. But Fred was cleared and Lille play in a stronger league than Shakhtar.

DarkRed

He's left footed while Maguire prefers to play on the left because he's probably more comfortable there. How is that going to work?
The fact is - no one in the team beside Maguire is capable to play at LCB which resulted in Maguire playing every game including Tranmere Rovers.
The new LCB transfer first of all will give Maguire option to rest, and then we will see where it can go from there, he will not get the first team spot, will have to earn it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This was posted 16 days ago. And Paul Joyce is the most reliable one related to Everton. So far, we heard nothing about this guy from our most reliable one Simon Stone. We will see from Monday to Wednesday whether Simon Stone will make an update. But I think our name is used by his agent and can't find any better person in France other than Bouhafsi.

I still think we are incapable to do multiple deals and right now our focus is Sancho.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I still think we are incapable to do multiple deals and right now our focus is Sancho.
Not totally sure we’re as incapable this summer as we have been in the past. While our focus is definitely Sancho I think so far we’ve been very proactive this summer. At least that’s what it’s looking like..

Just counting the # of active transfers we seen to be involved in;

- Sancho (obviously)
- Sanchez & Smalling (hopefully wrapped up soon)
- There’s surely work going on for a CB. If not Gabriel then Badiashile has been mentioned. The general rumours are we have been exploring multiple options
- Loan deals for some of our youngsters - Garner & co.
- Must also be work going on behind the scenes to finalize sales of deadwood to bring in further reinforcements. (That’s two fronts)

Specially after covid, I’m assuming there will be an increased effort to save and spend more wisely.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not totally sure we’re as incapable this summer as we have been in the past. While our focus is definitely Sancho I think so far we’ve been very proactive this summer. At least that’s what it’s looking like..

Just counting the # of active transfers we seen to be involved in;

- Sancho (obviously)
- Sanchez & Smalling (hopefully wrapped up soon)
- There’s surely work going on for a CB. If not Gabriel then Badiashile has been mentioned. The general rumours are we have been exploring multiple options
- Loan deals for some of our youngsters - Garner & co.
- Must also be work going on behind the scenes to finalize sales of deadwood to bring in further reinforcements. (That’s two fronts)

Specially after covid, I’m assuming there will be an increased effort to save and spend more wisely.
The sell deal probably different case. I meant it as the ones we are going to sign.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ah okay fair enough.
Yeah I should have make it clearer. I think it makes sense since Sancho's deal will require big fees from our budget, thus why we can't do multiple ones. We can seal Sancho first and see how much money we have left in the budget to make sure whether we can go to someone more expensive than Gabriel.

croadyman

Yeah I should have make it clearer. I think it makes sense since Sancho's deal will require big fees from our budget, thus why we can't do multiple ones. We can seal Sancho first and see how much money we have left in the budget to make sure whether we can go to someone more expensive than Gabriel.
I genuinely think we are looking at cheaper options like Gabriel/Badashile because I still think there is belief in Utd that Grealish could still decide to leave Villa after he comes back from holiday. If of course that doesn't happen then still fully expect us to sign Donny as the only other creative option Thiago will almost certainly join Liverpool shortly.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
In all honesty, I’m totally fine with bringing in an up-and-coming young CB who would cost less, while also not being the finished article yet.

I think Lindelof isn’t that horrible even though sure I have my doubts with him too. If for instance, we didn’t have Lindelof and we were having to play Bailly whose more of a liability for various reasons, I’d understand the need to bring in a ready made player while spending big bucks on him. Bringing in a young but highly promising CB will keep Lindelof on his toes and I think he will continue to improve while he’s also a reliable backup whenever he won’t be playing. While also spending significantly less then for example, bringing in a Koulibaly type player.

I just mentioned this following point in the Sancho thread too; if we can bring in 3/4 players this window we might just be able to launch a decent title challenge right away. Bringing in the extra player(s) will largely depend on avoiding expensive acquisitions. Sancho being the exception.

crossy1686

career ending
I think we need a new set of CB's and to flush out the current lot, I'm just not sure a young up and coming CB is the right move unless they're not very far away from playing at the top level. We can't really afford to wait 3 season's for him to come good. Maybe we sign him this summer and go for an established CB next summer? The price is right however, can't complain with that at all.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In all honesty, I’m totally fine with bringing in an up-and-coming young CB who would cost less, while also not being the finished article yet.

I think Lindelof isn’t that horrible even though sure I have my doubts with him too. If for instance, we didn’t have Lindelof and we were having to play Bailly whose more of a liability for various reasons, I’d understand the need to bring in a ready made player while spending big bucks on him. Bringing in a young but highly promising CB will keep Lindelof on his toes and I think he will continue to improve while he’s also a reliable backup whenever he won’t be playing. While also spending significantly less then for example, bringing in a Koulibaly type player.

I just mentioned this following point in the Sancho thread too; if we can bring in 3/4 players this window we might just be able to launch a decent title challenge right away. Bringing in the extra player(s) will largely depend on avoiding expensive acquisitions. Sancho being the exception.
If we sign Gabriel, there is a good chance that Lindelof will remain more regular while Gabriel will replace Bailly's spot. (Based from the Chelsea vs Lille game that I watched, not sure if Gabriel is better centre back than Lindelof).

However, I think Ole will prefer to sign a better centre back than Lindelof if the money after Sancho's business is enough to afford it.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If we sign Gabriel, there is a good chance that Lindelof will remain more regular while Gabriel will replace Bailly's spot. (Based from the Chelsea vs Lille game that I watched, not sure if Gabriel is better centre back than Lindelof).

However, I think Ole will prefer to sign a better centre back than Lindelof if the money after Sancho's business is enough to afford it.
Considering what a tough time we’re having moving on some of the CBs I highly doubt we’ll go spend north of 40/50m unless we move at least 3 CBs. Smalling & Rojo alone won’t offset the outlay on a new CB. I think we should just sell Bailly as he’ll fetch a decent sum. And I don’t see Jones going anywhere this summer due to injury. Why would any club want to buy a player whose currently injured, and may likely be again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Considering what a tough time we’re having moving on some of the CBs I highly doubt we’ll go spend north of 40/50m unless we move at least 3 CBs. Smalling & Rojo alone won’t offset the outlay on a new CB. I think we should just sell Bailly as he’ll fetch a decent sum. And I don’t see Jones going anywhere this summer due to injury. Why would any club want to buy a player whose currently injured, and may likely be again.
At the moment I'm just taking what Simon Stone mentioned few weeks ago. He was talking about that Sancho is our main target, after that we're looking for centre back.

My guess will be, It could be just 2 signings only while the 3rd one or anything above 2 signings depends on how much we can gain from selling. I think we'll try to spend around 40m on centre back and if we can't get into agreement, won't be surprised that Gabriel is the cheaper option.

Saccharine

I am surprised to see him linked with top clubs like United but English clubs have been keepings tabs on him for a while.
He had a solid season in Ligue 1 but it was his first season as a regular. That's all I can remember from him this past season.
He seems to be level-headed and willing to progress but I can't say for sure that he will be a top-tier defender.

izec

Pau Torres is too expensive. We never were really interested in Kabak/Upamecano.

Seems like this is the guy then. Would have preferred the other ones, but i'll take it. Can't be worse and softer than Lindelöf

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
As SportWitness says, seems like our name is being thrown in the mix to up the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.