Gabriele Biancheri

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Wales have just topped their group so have qualified for the Euro U17's Finals (for the first time, apparently!)

It was a dramatic end to the 3 game group, with all teams able to top the group until the last minute - Wales were 2-0 down to Montenegro at HT (both goals in 1st half injury time). At that stage Montenegro topped the group. They ended up bottom when Wales came back to draw 2-2. Still wasn't in Wales hands as a winner in the other game would have seen that team through as group winners, but it finished 0-0 so Wales were the qualifiers.

I wasn't able to watch it, or Biancheri, as closely as I intended as I was watching it while suffering bouts of sickness (sorry for the TMI), but he played the first 75 minutes or so - going off at 2-1 to Montenegro. He showed some decent touches and technique, and had one good spin and shot that brought a good save, but I didn't think he was in the game as much as the first match v Scotland which I also watched and he scored in. But happy to be corrected about that as, like I said, I unfortunately missed parts of the game.
That's nice, some good experience coming his way then in the summer.

Nice scenes.

IRN-BRUno

Named in the Wales squad yesterday for the U17 Euro's which are in a couple of weeks.

Fixtures are Hungary (17th - 7pm), Republic of Ireland (20th - 3.30pm) and Poland (23rd - 7pm).