Gai Assulin Released by Barca

^Red Devil^

Gai Assulin Released By Barcelona
Israeli's future uncertain at this point...
By Paul Madden
02-Jul-2010 6:20:00 AM

Barcelona have confirmed that they have not offered Israeli starlet Gai Assulin a new deal and since his contract with the Spanish champions has now expired, he is to leave Camp Nou as a free agent, according to Sport.

A host of English Premier League clubs have been linked with the 19-year-old attacking midfielder who has only ever represented Barca's first team once, against Cultural Leonesa in the Copa del Rey last season. He joined the Catalan side as a youth in 2003.

Assulin is capped once by Israel and has most recently been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur but it is not yet known if any move is likely to materialise.
LINK
Are you interested?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Strange, he was being touted as the next wonderkid a year or two ago. Seems a bit like the Giovanni scenario.

Amir

Interesting. What is the Israeli view on him?.
Honestly, people here aren't too sure. Obviously he's been hyped by the Israeli media, using every bit of positive review from Barcelona - club people, local media - to create huge headlines, but how often has he actually been seen PLAYING FOOTBALL? Very little here, the odd under 21 game for Israel. Hasn't been all that special.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
never heard of him.

Dont think I ever will again after this thread either.

Longsden_7

Hype because he is Barca? Could be the israeli Chris Eagles for all we know.

davisjw

I thought it was more him wanting a release than Barca not wanting him...

Imagine West Ham are in for him with Grant's presence.