Wed, 29 November 2023 @ 5:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
    If teams are level on points, is it still H2H results that determine who goes through?

I seem to recall previously it was H2H and if that was level, it would go down to away goals scored against that particular team. But now that the away goals rule has been removed from knockouts, I don't know if that's still in play?

If, (massive if, I know) we beat Galatasaray and get a point against Bayern, we'd be level on points with the winner of Galatasaray/Copenhagen (provided Copenhagen don't grab something against Bayern).

Mike Smalling

We still have a better chance than I thought, actually. Obviously we need to win this, but if we do and Bayern defeat Copenhagen at home, we will be 2nd already with a home game left, where Bayern will have nothing to play for.

I'm under no illusion that we will make it very far in the knockout stages, but I'd still prefer that to the Europa League (obviously). The CL knockouts are where we belong. It's also an important part of the progress to get these kinds of games under the belt.

ti vu

We still have a better chance than I thought, actually. Obviously we need to win this, but if we do and Bayern defeat Copenhagen at home, we will be 2nd already with a home game left, where Bayern will have nothing to play for.

I'm under no illusion that we will make it very far in the knockout stages, but I'd still prefer that to the Europa League (obviously). The CL knockouts are where we belong. It's also an important part of the progress to get these kinds of games under the belt.
    Previous 2 seasons Bayern got perfect group stage point tally. There is no reason for them to ease up, taking the game from them is a huge task in itself.

Mike Smalling

Previous 2 seasons Bayern got perfect group stage point tally. There is no reason for them to ease up, taking the game from them is a huge task in itself.
    Yeah, true. We can still get a result at home though. And a draw could also be enough provided other results go our away.

It's start with beating Galatasaray, of course. The rest doesn't matter if we can't do that.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Yeah, true. We can still get a result at home though. And a draw could also be enough provided other results go our away.

It's start with beating Galatasaray, of course. The rest doesn't matter if we can't do that.
    Yeh exactly.If we beat Galatasary i'd fancy us to find our way through - but all irrelevant if we dont

Levenstein

------------------Onana
    AWB-Maguire-Lindelof-Shaw
    McTominay-Bruno-Mainoo
    Martial-Hojlund-Garnacho

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Do we definitely need 2 wins to qualify? Could we not get through with a win and draw? Depending on other results. Does it go of GD in this group or is it head to head?

Strelok

I have a bad feeling about this match. We're crap away. Anyway please start Mainoo.

Longlivekeano

———————-—-onana————————

—Dalot——Varane—Lindelof—Shaw—

—————-McTom—Mainoo—————

———————Bruno—————————-

—Rashford—-Martial——-Garnacho

Alemar

Let’s start with beating Galatasaray by 2+ goals - if we manage this, then there will be chances indeed

red woppit

Supports
    Northampton Town
    Personally I would leave Mainoo on the bench, and bring Amrabat in (Mainoo to start against Bayern). Rashford is out so Antony on the right, Højlund central and Martial left. Varane for Lindelof, and AWB for Dalot. I'm not sure about Shaw (sorry), I think It depends on how he came out of the Everton game.

edgecutter

Thank feck I checked the time for this one. I would have been raging had I assumed 8 o'clock kick off

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    We need to win and have a healthy scoreline.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Ah feck forgot no Rashford here. Not great. Pellistri and Garnacho then? Martial and Hojlund together?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Ah feck forgot no Rashford here. Not great. Pellistri and Garnacho then? Martial and Hojlund together?
    Maybe we play Hojlund as a wide right attacker with Martial upfront. I'd be surprised, but it is possible.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    3 games, 6 days - We need to rotate or we get more injuries. I know Ten Hag hates this and plays his strongest XI every game but it's not practical and doing that all year is what has resulted in so many injuries. Chances are we aren't going to qualify and based off our form there is a good chance that if we did we get knocked out first knockouts and playing the strongest XI and getting more injuries just ruins our chances on both fronts, Shaw has just returned and Mainoo is a kid recently back from injury so as much as I want to see them both I think it would be a mistake to chuck them both back in the starting XI.

RedUnited86

We'll be fine, we've got more than enough characters in the team that can cope with the fiery atmosphere there not really

UnitedRepublic

Rashford is out people and it’s baffeling how some people on here still wants to start Rashford after what he just served up yesterday. Standards needs to be set at the club.

Matt Varnish

Rashford is out people and it’s baffeling how some people on here still wants to start Rashford after what he just served up yesterday. Standards needs to be set at the club.
    To me it shows the real depth of some fans knowledge when they pick a suspended player.

nakpodiareuben

Its the hope that kills you. So lets just throw the towel in now and go for the FA Cup and try and get up the table. Transition season within a transitional period. No point playing in this comp til next year.
    I kind of think about this. Is it not better we just exit the CL? But knockout stages of the cl can go any where and who knows! We can go very far if we can leave the group stage

doomy20

Stop the win/draw qualification Chance calculations. 3 losses in 4 games put us in this miserable situation. We have to win away at one of the hardest grounds in Europe, followed by beating Bayern. Do that and we deserve to qualify. Anything else will rightfully put us on 3rd/4th place

always_hoping

United's results away to Galatasaray in the Champions league is played 3, won 0, drew 2 and lost 1. scored 0 and conceded 1.

Galatasaray record at home to Premier league teams in the champions league is played 7 won 2, drew 3 and lost 2. The two defeats was against Chelsea in 1999 and Arsenal in 2014.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'd be inclined to agree with you but I didn't want to go overboard on the importance of a kid who made their first PL start yesterday.
    I think saying he's vital is less of overhyping Mainoo himself and more an indictment on the absolute trash options in the midfield in general. Pretty sad when an 18 year old fresh off his debut is the only midfielder we have with a bit of technique and calmness on the ball.

Moriarty

Stop the win/draw qualification Chance calculations. 3 losses in 4 games put us in this miserable situation. We have to win away at one of the hardest grounds in Europe, followed by beating Bayern. Do that and we deserve to qualify. Anything else will rightfully put us on 3rd/4th place
    Can't see us winning in Turkey to be honest. In a game with nothing at stake, we might beat Bayern but so what? The damage is done and we really should have done better in the earlier games.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Win tomorrow and I think we’ll just be ok. Anything less and we’re fecked either way.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    This team isn't getting a win in Turkey. CL is over for us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Galatasaray win
  • Draw