Blood Mage

Onana
    Dalot - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    Amrabat - Mainoo
    Bruno - McTominay - Garnacho
    Martial​

always_hoping

Looking at the match odds (Paddy Power)

Both are 6/4 to win. Lowest odds on the correct score is 1-1 draw at 6/1.

UnitedRepublic

GK- Onana
    RB- AWB
    CB- Harry
    CB- Lindelöf
    LB- Shaw
    Deep lying midfielder - Koobie
    RCM - Bruno
    LCM - Amrabat
    Inside forward - Højlund
    Inside forward - Garnacho
    False 9 - Martial

Chumpsbechumps

Just need to win, preferably by 2 goals.
    I still think it’s mad that we could theoretically win by 2 , get 6 points in total and still qualify if we lose to Bayern if Copenhagen and gala drew the final game. (Presuming Bayern beat Copenhagen)

In a weird way, I feel this is better then going into the game needing a draw in so much as that can leave a team playing for the draw. We might aswell go for it although I suspect we will sit back while it’s 0-0 for the first 70 mins as gala need to win and we may be able to pick them off.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    I don't get everyone writing us off. People expressed the same concerns of this side crumbling under the Goodison pressure due to them being especially up for it after their punishment and we came away with our best result of the season. Yes, the performance itself wasn't great, but we still did it.

We can do it here, too. Have faith.

giggslover

-----------------Onana---------------------
    AWB----Maguire--Lindelof-Shaw
    -----Amrabat-----McTominay-------
    ------------------Bruno---------------------
    ------Antony------------Garnacho-----
    --‐----------------Martial--------------------

No way EtH doesn't go with all experienced players here. Half an inkling to start Varane over Maguire here just due to his vast European night experience, but I think form wins out on this one.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    -----------------Onana---------------------
    AWB----Maguire--Lindelof-Shaw
    -----Amrabat-----McTominay-------
    ------------------Bruno---------------------
    ------Antony------------Garnacho-----
    --‐----------------Martial--------------------

No way EtH doesn't go with all experienced players here. Half an inkling to start Varane over Maguire here just due to his vast European night experience, but I think form wins out on this one.
    With that logic then Rashford starts over Garnacho, but isn't Antony injured?

giggslover

With that logic then Rashford starts over Garnacho, but isn't Antony injured?
    Rashford suspended for this one, I believe.

No obvious injury for Antony, as many wondered where he was for Everrton game as No announcement on injury had been made.

Biggest question is Hoglund, don't know how close to fitness he is, was Sunday just a bit too soon and he can make it for Galatasaray?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
    I don't get everyone writing us off. People expressed the same concerns of this side crumbling under the Goodison pressure due to them being especially up for it after their punishment and we came away with our best result of the season. Yes, the performance itself wasn't great, but we still did it.

We can do it here, too. Have faith.
    Goodison was an amazing result but the game itself was pretty even. They hit the crossbar and missed glaring chances. Another day Garnacho doesn't score the worldie and things turn out differently. So yeah, being cautiously hopeful against these lot.

Jeffthered

I think we are going to win.

We have a bit of a bounce from Sunday, Garnacho's moment has sparked the whole club, and we have Mainoo, Shaw returning, and Maguire playing some proper football. Lindeholf deserves some attention, because his attitude has been exceptional for some time, looking at last season too. He's a limited player, but he's important for us. He has a very professional approach to the game, and the club.

I think we will see Rashford settle down a bit, and just maybe, he can look at Garnacho and think what he needs to be doing. These away games may actually help because the expectations are low, rightfully so because we haven't played well.

But... we need ETH to just keep calm and not make daft subs etc. I'd certainly bring Rasmus in.

Leonzo1

I think we are going to win.

We have a bit of a bounce from Sunday, Garnacho's moment has sparked the whole club, and we have Mainoo, Shaw returning, and Maguire playing some proper football. Lindeholf deserves some attention, because his attitude has been exceptional for some time, looking at last season too. He's a limited player, but he's important for us. He has a very professional approach to the game, and the club.

I think we will see Rashford settle down a bit, and just maybe, he can look at Garnacho and think what he needs to be doing.
    These away games may actually help because the expectations are low, rightfully so because we haven't played well.

But... we need ETH to just keep calm and not make daft subs etc. I'd certainly bring Rasmus in.
    To be fair The last thing we need right now is Rashford trying to create spectacular goals for himself.

Lyng

Onana has been getting better and better. The first leg was probably his worst for us.
    We need to play our own game, invite their pressure and then hurt them. Their defending in the first game was laughable. I expect us to win this.

TempusFugit

Expecting a 2-0 win if we don't shoot ourselves in the leg again. Keep it tight at the back and Martial/Højlund/Garnacho will undoubtedly get chances to score. Looking back at our CL games this season, it's just incredible to see us bottom of the group. We were doing quite well in practically all of the games before imploding. Professional performance tomorrow, please.

suheilsworld

Get Varane for Lindelof, Hojlund for Rashford, Amrabat for McT and keep everything the same. Lads are high on confidence and you don't want too many changes. Martial is a confidence player and surely he must be on high after his goal. Would love to see him start again and he and Garnacho can be good passers to Hojlund, unlike Rashford. Nervous because of the atmosphere but we should be winning this as was the game at OT. Common United!

Leonzo1

Garnacho - Martial - Højlund
    Bruno
    Amrabat - Mainoo
    Shaw - Lindelof - Varane - AWB
    Onana

Great news regarding højlund, I think we'll see him as an inside right forward which can work very well. There is a lot of potential in this attack in my opinion as everyone can switch positions mid game and now one will try to run past 7 defenders each time they get the ball. I'm going with a 3-1 United win.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    Rashford suspended for this one, I believe.

No obvious injury for Antony, as many wondered where he was for Everrton game as No announcement on injury had been made.

Biggest question is Hoglund, don't know how close to fitness he is, was Sunday just a bit too soon and he can make it for Galatasaray?
    Indeed he is, I forgot about that

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Don't have much belief for this. The exact sort of game we've fecked up regularly for the past decade. Also, Galatasaray away is a tough game in normal circumstances and for good teams, let alone our situation... Personnel wise, I'd probably go:

Martial Hojlund
    Garnacho Bruno
    Mainoo McTominay
    Shaw Lindelof Maguire Wan Bissaka
    Onana​

Not really balanced, but I think it's a game for Martial and Hojlund together and I don't trust either Antony or Pellistri for this as it's a must win at a tough place to play. Wan Bissaka to counter Zaha.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
    United's results away to Galatasaray in the Champions league is played 3, won 0, drew 2 and lost 1. scored 0 and conceded 1.

Galatasaray record at home to Premier league teams in the champions league is played 7 won 2, drew 3 and lost 2. The two defeats was against Chelsea in 1999 and Arsenal in 2014.
    All of which has no relevance to this match

The Dane

If we can keep 11 players on the pitch all the way to the end, then I think we have a fair chance of winning this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Galatasaray win
  • Draw