Game 16: England vs Wales

Lostie007

The Welsh won't give Rooney the space the Russians did, they will have a man on his heels as soon as he receives the ball.. Coleman is a great tactician and he won't let rooney have the field to himself to waltz around then.

I'm backing Wales strongly.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
To be fair Wales filling a 75000 seater stadium is 2.5% of the population. If England were to get 2.5% of their population in a stadium the would have to fill a 1.3 million seater stadium - don't think England would do that while playing Azerbaijan or Estonia or something.
If England played 18 simultaneous matches against Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, an African XI, a rest of the Americas XI, a rest of Europe XI, a rest of the Premier League XI, a rest of La Liga XI, a rest of the World XI...

We might have a chance :D

United22

Yeah we are definitely losing this and I can see Woy finally sacked

Soroush

Hodgson is clueless but England are still gonna win comfortably and shut up the chimp.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The Welsh won't give Rooney the space the Russians did, they will have a man on his heels as soon as he receives the ball.. Coleman is a great tactician and he won't let rooney have the field to himself to waltz around then.

Allen will be tasked with harrying him all over i expect.
I really hope Sturridge replaces Kane or at the very least plays along side him, he can make things happen in the final third.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I agree with the first bit.

The second bit is mad though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Chat shit get banged.

England to win by 3 clear goals.
Based on what exactly?

Wales don't concede many and England don't score many.

Will be a cagey affair with a goal either way.

AS18_

Bale will play the game of his life and get Woy sacked.
Now, how do I edit this comment when England win 3-1 :D?

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Hopefully it won't be too embarrassing for England.....but let's face it, they have no chance. Bale will probably get the first hattrick of the tournament and I can't see old man Rooney or that lanky gormless prick Kane doing much. A respectable 3-1 defeat for England will be a good result for them.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Did Lallana just come out with something along the lines of "every country wants to beat England"? Jesus talking about bigging yourselves up, is he really under the impression that beating England is some sort of amazing achievement and that teams try harder to do so?

In reality England are an average team and Wales are a below average one, but what Bale says is actually quite accurate if he is suggesting the welsh camp are more passionate, cos I really don't see much togetherness or fight in the England side, whereas the Welsh really do try extremely hard as a group.

Sadly I think England will just have enough quality to beat us tomorrow, and the fact they need this win more in a way will swing it towards them, hopefully we get Ward out of our goal and have someone half decent otherwise it'll be a long game, going for 2-1 England (hurts to say as a Welshie).

JeffBoomTetris

Come on bud, wind your neck in. You wouldn't say that if he was black. And we are all from Africa originally. Ergo, that's the most racist post I've ever read on Redcafe.
When did I make any reference to Africans? His ears look like a monkey's.

Anyway, those words don't sound good coming from someone who was born in England. So, he should know how passionate the English support is

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Vardy doesn't get minutes I will start to develop a serious hatred for Woy.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I expect England will win, and control much of the game, but considering how poor they were at converting chances on Saturday, the possibility of failing to take their chances and Bale hitting them with an impressive counter has to be a worry.

I'd be surprised if Kane plays so poorly again, though. Will be interesting to see how Rooney plays in his midfield role, too. Wales will probably present a tougher challenge than Russia since they'll be up for it with their current momentum, and Rooney might not get the same time on the ball.

ScarecrOgilvy

Did Lallana just come out with something along the lines of "every country wants to beat England"? Jesus talking about bigging yourselves up, is he really under the impression that beating England is some sort of amazing achievement and that teams try harder to do so?

In reality England are an average team and Wales are a below average one, but what Bale says is actually quite accurate if he is suggesting the welsh camp are more passionate, cos I really don't see much togetherness or fight in the England side, whereas the Welsh really do try extremely hard as a group.

Sadly I think England will just have enough quality to beat us tomorrow, and the fact they need this win more in a way will swing it towards them, hopefully we get Ward out of our goal and have someone half decent otherwise it'll be a long game, going for 2-1 England (hurts to say as a Welshie).
While i agree with alot of what you've said there (Watching Ward between the sticks seriously messes with a mans nerve) I have to disagree on us being a 'below average' team these days if I'm honest. I fact I think we're slowly developing into a side that could worry most Nations.

Our line-up might not be particularly star-studded (Although compared to when I was growing up, its an amazing group of individuals), but the bond and unity within the team is clear as day, and imo can take you a hell of a long way.

More importantly mind you, we've actually got a real-life competent manager. Not a man who looks, speaks, and seemingly devises his tactics on the level of a crude child's drawing of an owl. England could surely do so much better.

I'm going 1-0 Wales, Bale to score. Think we'll be in for a cagey affair, but we'll eventually nick it through a man-bun themed stroke of genius.

Can't bloody wait !

Reactions: Rooney in Paris

Minimalist

I never take anything Bale says seriously, he's as thick as two short planks. No need for Hodgson to motivate England, Bale has done it for him.

I'm looking forward to his drivel being rammed back down his throat.
Mate pick your battles. England are captained by a fecking potato on the pitch and advised by dopey owl on the sidelines. :lol:

Xoe

Looking forward to this game, 11pm kick-off here in Brisbane, so watching it in the pub in the city.
Please Roy make positive subs instead of Milner!! Vardy on for Sterling at the 60 min mark if the game pans out like the previous...
Cmon England!!!

Reactions: Grinner

Hal9000

After seeing our friendly's i thought we was going to go into this tournament with all huff but no puff, this was backed up by the Russia game and it will be the same again this time. I can see England losing, we'll dominate but create a little amount of chances and we'll lose to a Bale goal, possibly free kick.

Rednotdead

Mate pick your battles. England are captained by a fecking potato on the pitch and advised by dopey owl on the sidelines. :lol:
Are you Bale's brother, because that's just a downright unintelligent and uninformed comment. 245 goals for Utd and 52 for England. If chimp-face achieves even half of what Rooney's achieved in his career he'll be doing well.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
All this passion talk.

Just because you all run and hug each other on the touchline after scoring a shite free-kick doesn't make you more passionate than us.

You celebrate moments like that more because you haven't been in this situation for half a century. We don't have that issue so scoring a free kick against Russia doesn't mean we have to have this absolute show of unity to prove how much we all love each other.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oh come on! What about the lion teddy bear thing?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
We're world leaders of culture, sport and science, of course everyone wants to beat us. Everyone wants to be us.

JonDahl

We aren't losing to Wales, come on people. They will stick 5 at the back (as usual) and offer very little going forward. Keep Ramsey quiet and it'll be a comfortable victory.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
We aren't losing to Wales, come on people. They will stick 5 at the back (as usual) and offer very little going forward. Keep Ramsey quiet and it'll be a comfortable victory.
Yup. All this talk about Bale but he was shite against Slovakia. Lukaku-sequel performance with a free kick that should have been saved.

Ban

I don't like England NT cause all the unwarranted hype around it but some of the comments made by Bale are a bit stupid.
Will just fire English players up.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Not losing maybe, but when have England last had a comfortable win at a major tournament? I'm thinking Euro 2004 against Switzerland (3-0) and Croatia (4-2), since then it's been nervy wins against Paraguay (1-0), Trinidad and Tobago (2-0), Ecuador (1-0), Slovenia (1-0), Sweden (3-2) and Ukraine (1-0) if England haven't either drawn or lost.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Bale is amazing. Ramsey is good. Williams is ok.

Rest of the Wales squad is awful. We should win this comfortably.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Any team news? Seen somewhere yesterday (think it might have been a tweet by The Times) that it was going to be same team, surely not?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
All this passion talk.

Just because you all run and hug each other on the touchline after scoring a shite free-kick doesn't make you more passionate than us.

You celebrate moments like that more because you haven't been in this situation for half a century. We don't have that issue so scoring a free kick against Russia doesn't mean we have to have this absolute show of unity to prove how much we all love each other.
They are more passionate.

There is an inverse relationship between self-entitlement and passion. The English think they are massively better than they are and manage to big themselves up to be a calibre of team that no one else in Europe think of them as.

krombacher92

England always seems to do well against the home nations in recent times, don't they? Expect and England win. Bale will be crap but still score.