Game 17: Ukraine vs Northern Ireland

Visir

Northern Ireland showed in the qualifiers that with their style they're a hard team to beat. Congratulations to them for trusting themselves and patiently doing what they do the best.

Tiber

@PoliceServiceNI: We have sadly received confirmation from French Police tonight that a NI fan has died at the Stade de Lyon during the NI v Ukraine match

Thats two fans who went to watch the team but wont make it home :(

Stu1975

@PoliceServiceNI: We have sadly received confirmation from French Police tonight that a NI fan has died at the Stade de Lyon during the NI v Ukraine match

Yeah really tragic news.....a man in his sixties collapsed.

On a happier note,great performance and result,the fanzone at Titanic was bouncing.

-Fußballgott-

My eyes have seen the glory of Espana 82
We're little northern ireland show the world what we can do
We've got Stevie as our leader and we're coming after you
And this is why we sing

We're not brazil we're northern ireland
And its all the same to me
ULSTER!

What a f*cking day. Incredible. Marching with hundreds of our fans from Titanic quarter to the centre centre, singing the whole way. Unforgettable, what a result. RIP to the fan who died watching us, heartbreaking that two of our fans never made it home.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Jesus. Heart attack? Any idea what happened? That's terrible.

Brilliant result, brave stuff from O'Neill, well deserved win.. delighted for Jonny. It mightn't help from a spectacle point of view but it's been a great tournament for the underdog. Great to see the spirit of the likes of Iceland, the Irelands, Albania, Wales etc. and to see most of them getting something for their fans to celebrate. That little cameo with Ronaldo and his whinging after the Iceland game made me smile.

The Irish today, the way the likes of Aaron Hughes and McAuley performed, the make-up of their squad, their main man benched and still roaring them on 2 minutes from the end, the bond they have with their support, all of this is so much more what football is about for most of us than Ronnie's world. I'm loving it.

Reprobate01

No fear against the Germans either for the Ulstermen. The last time we faced them in France we sent them packin. GAWA

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Fantastic performance today. Our team completed second highest distance covered by any team in the euros so far, ran their socks off, brilliant after that dud performance vs poland.

I was shouting at my TV for Josh Magennis to take it to the corner flag at the end there, glad he didnt now :lol:

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
No fear against the Germans either for the Ulstermen. The last time we faced them in France we sent them packin. GAWA
Fair juice, it was a great win.

And listen hey, ye'r southern brothers will have no problem giving ye a few pointers when it comes to beating the Germans as well. We'd only be to glad to help.

Just pick up the phone my friend, just pick her up.

Reprobate01

Black Pearl.

Was just sayin that on the way outta the fanzone this evening. Wouldn't surprise me if O'Neill got on the blower to O'Neill for some advice. I'd say Martin would be glad to help. From what I've been hearing supporters from the whole island have been having great craic together in France. The way it should be.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Fantastic performance today. Our team completed second highest distance covered by any team in the euros so far, ran their socks off, brilliant after that dud performance vs poland.

I was shouting at my TV for Josh Magennis to take it to the corner flag at the end there, glad he didnt now :lol:
:lol:

Great game mate. Well done.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
What a day. Been over watching United for years but that was by far the best atmosphere I have experienced in football. Brilliant performance, Gareth McCauley once again immense. Fanzone brilliant. Will remember this day for a long time

Tiber

Germany drawing tonight probably makes the next game tougher :/

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Germany drawing tonight probably makes the next game tougher :/
It does but feck it. Great night for any NI fan, loved it tonight, wish I was in Lyon/Nice/France in general.

Last edited:

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
He plays on the left,
He plays on the right,
Niall McGinn makes Ronaldo look shite.

-Fußballgott-

What a day. Been over watching United for years but that was by far the best atmosphere I have experienced in football. Brilliant performance, Gareth McCauley once again immense. Fanzone brilliant. Will remember this day for a long time
This, I haven't enjoyed a win as much since Moscow 08. Unbelievable. Fanzone was incredible, I'm still buzzing

Tiber

Keith Gillespie may not be playing anymore, but he is certainly enjoying his first trip to the Euros with NI :lol:

Obviously now I work in ENgland I couldn't make it, but it looked like an amazing day at Titanic: