Game 41 - Germany vs Slovakia

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
What do our resident Germans think of this match? Initially, I thought Germany should win this comfortably 2-0, 3-0 but after seeing France losing 0-1, it seems like nothing is certain in this Euro.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Such a meh game. Germany will be far too good for Slovakia.

Blackwidow

What do our resident Germans think of this match? Initially, I thought Germany should win this comfortably 2-0, 3-0 but after seeing France losing 0-1, it seems like nothing is certain in this Euro.
Germany should win... but it is a knockout game...

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Germany should win... but it is a knockout game...
I remember I was extremely confident you guys would beat Algeria in the World Cup and I had a huge bet on it, absolutely gutted. :( games like those taught us that anything can happen in a knockout game. Algeria seems to be the only team who troubled you guys the most in the World Cup and if it wasn't for Neur one man show, you guys could have been eliminated. Phew! I still think Germany should win this match. Would probably be a similar game to your opening match against Ukraine. Slovakia would sit back and counter fast with Hamsik so as long as you beat the midfield, you should win this.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Hope that they loose. Better would be if an player from Buy€rn will get an injury. Sounds hard? It is like it is. And there are opportunities for Slowakia: Özil,Hector,Gomez,Draxler are so weak. I want more little teams go on in the tournament.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I remember I was extremely confident you guys would beat Algeria in the World Cup and I had a huge bet on it, absolutely gutted. :( games like those taught us that in a knockout game, anything can happen as Algeria seems to be the only team who troubled you guys the most. I still think Germany should win this. Would probably be a similar game to your opening match against Ukraine. Slovakia would sit back and counter fast with Hamsik so as long as you beat the midfield, you should win this.
We lost 3-1 to them in May. I expect us to deliver a fitting answer.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Hope that they loose. Better would be if an player from Buy€rn will get an injury. Sounds hard? It is like it is. And there are opportunities for Slowakia: Özil,Hector,Gomez,Draxler are so weak. I want more little teams go on in the tournament.
Oh noes, not a single Dortmund tosser in the squad, *mimimimimimimimi*:lol:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Well, still quite comfortably 2-0 or 3-0. Thus far we've been the best team in the tournament by a country mile.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
I find it great. Löw makes every player worse than before. Hope that he doesnt talk to Weigl too much. And it might be that all the Bayern players still suffer from the tournament and are not fit in the beginning of the season.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Didn't the Slovaks beat Germany 3-1 during the Euro warm ups?
We (England) came from behind to beat Germany at their backyard 3-2 but there's no way we are going to beat them if we meet them. I won't read too much into friendlies. Germany never take friendlies seriously anyway.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Starting 11 Germany: Neuer © - Hector, Hummels, Khedira, Özil, Draxler, Müller, Boateng, Kroos, Kimmich, Gomez

jungledrums

Starting 11 Germany: Neuer © - Hector, Hummels, Khedira, Özil, Draxler, Müller, Boateng, Kroos, Kimmich, Gomez
Ozil or Muller to play behind Gomez?

Germany should school them. I'll eat a hat if they lose.

Blackwidow

I find it great. Löw makes every player worse than before. Hope that he doesnt talk to Weigl too much. And it might be that all the Bayern players still suffer from the tournament and are not fit in the beginning of the season.
Like after the World Cup...

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Mario Gomez? Mate, what are you on about? He is one of your best players against Northern Ireland and I believe is currently your top scorer in this Euro.

Mr. Ant

I hope our coach has something up his sleeve because Germany is just far too good but nonetheless I'm proud of our players.
We should have won against Wales but at least we made it to the knockout stage.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Ozil or Muller to play behind Gomez?

Germany should school them. I'll eat a hat if they lose.
It'll be Müller in the centre and Özil on the right. There's a lot of switching in positions, though. Özil will drift in a lot, Kimmich provides the width

Blackwidow

I remember I was extremely confident you guys would beat Algeria in the World Cup and I had a huge bet on it, absolutely gutted. :( games like those taught us that anything can happen in a knockout game. Algeria seems to be the only team who troubled you guys the most in the World Cup and if it wasn't for Neur one man show, you guys could have been eliminated. Phew! I still think Germany should win this match. Would probably be a similar game to your opening match against Ukraine. Slovakia would sit back and counter fast with Hamsik so as long as you beat the midfield, you should win this.
You should have be careful with Algheria. Germany had difficulties with similar teams prior to the World Cup...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I hope our coach has something up his sleeve because Germany is just far too good but nonetheless I'm proud of our players.
We should have won against Wales but at least we made it to the knockout stage.
I found one

I don't think there is a team in the tournament that isn't represented on the caf

Red Stone

It will be interesting to see what Joachim Löw pulls out of his arse for this one.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
That's a decent side and it should be enough to get past Slovakia. Not sure it's good enough to win the tournament though. At least Kimmich is at RB.

2:1 for today.

Last edited:

El Zoido

Got a free £5 bet with PaddyPower, any tips? I'm thinking Gotze first scorer at 6/1.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Either an early German goal and a completely dominant 4:0 statement game or 1:0 GER after extra time.

Skills

Snitch
Matthaus' accent is very different from from the other German accents I've ever heard

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am not convinced at all that Germany will find it easy. Slovakia know how to park the bus.

Blackwidow

When the people talk like this I always ask myself which Dortmund player should play. Güngogan and Reus are injured - and Schmelzer has shown that he is not national team material. He had enough tries and I do not know one match in which he was better than Hector is.