g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
If he'd of joined us post Spurs he'd of been a legend here.

But he chose Real and good luck to him, been a good move, winning trophies etc but for me that ship has sailed and I am no longer interested.

He'll probably go back to Spurs in a couple of years and be a shadow of the player he is.
Yep.

legball

He's still a fantastic player but what's the point when he's been injured half of the time for the past 2 years? No point really, especially not in a swap deal for arguably the best goal keeper in the world, I think we should look elsewhere. And did we plan to sign him all along or we've gone back to our scatter gun, big name player at all cost style because Griezmann isn't happening?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I've always thought he'd play for United one day. I thought the same about Zlatan. Something about them just fits.

windycityfan

So when he missed half of last season injured, and about a third of the season before that, that doesn't concern you somewhat?
You're thinking about the player he was when he joined RM, not who he is now.
Why does a stretch of injury makes him all of the sudden worthless and injury prone? He's 27 - TWENTY SEVEN! His issues are not even career threatening.

Nothing but a speed bump. Time to buy him low, now. We have Mkhi, Mata and Lingard on the right in case he blows up - yet he won't. He'd be awesome, letting him loose on the wing.

FujiVice

Bale maybe injured a lot, but he's the first to get himself back on the training field desperate to play again. Can see why Mourinho would be in love with that, considering the shit he's given some of our players this season.

Also, Bale is a star. Big name in the world of football. You make your money back off players like him, so feck the transfer fee. You get what you pay for with him.

mintsnake4

Has he lost any pace due to all the injuries? I know you can't go by it, but I watched his compilation on youtube for this year and he didn't seem to blow defenders away like he used to.

Rake

Why does a stretch of injury makes him all of the sudden worthless and injury prone? He's 27 - TWENTY SEVEN! His issues are not even career threatening.

Nothing but a speed bump. Time to buy him low, now. We have Mkhi, Mata and Lingard on the right in case he blows up - yet he won't. He'd be awesome, letting him loose on the wing.
Not sure about that, he's had several calf injuries recently which might indicate an issue. We simply can't spend 70+ million on a player without him being able to play in 40+ games per season

manunited1919

Assuming he plays like he has been for Inter he'd generally be a threat, but we'd be a much more consistent team if we weren't forced to be without most of our players every so often.
But if Bale would get injured, we will have Martial and maybe Pereira as back up. Not a bad situation.

darioterios

If De Gea is desperate to go, I'd take Bale or Varane. Please for the love of god don't pull another De Gea - Navas switch. Romero is perfectly capable of being No.1, we would be getting absolutely rinsed if it was hypothetically anyone except bale or Varane.
no Kroos?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Just go for it and hope that the games he's actually fit for are games where we need someone of his quality to step up.

cyberman

How? Very curious, I have no knowledge on bale this season.
By rushing him back, they rushed him back trying to get him fit for the CL game last Feb (?) and played him when he wasn't 100% fit v Barca which is why he's been out until now

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Mainly threatening because he is an incredibly physical player. If you take that away he's fairly average. These injuries compound and effect future likihood of further injuries, limitation of apps and physical decline.

He's coming into his prime but injuries at this stage will leave him struggling to perform as he comes out of his prime. The drop off I would guess would be similar to Rooney.

Ferguson

I don't believe this transfer story.

In the buildup to the Champions League Final the media is always looking for stories that will sell papers both in Madrid and here.

Bale's injury return and Isco's form have made this too easy a story to spin. Plus, United's longstanding interest gives the story an air of plausibility.

But after the final is over there will be real stories to report on.

Madrid are not daft enough to sell Bale, and Bale isn't the type to throw a hissy fit about being left out when he has been injured.

red thru&thru

I personally think he's bulked up too much and ever since, he's been more injury prone. He has lost that subtlness in his body.

cyberman

He's been injured more than that though.
He had that big injury before Xmas but Madrid's mismanagment has held him back ove the last 3 odd months.
He hasn't fully recovered because of it imo.

Sigma

Interesting coincidence:

de Gea has played exactly 200 league games for United and 269 games in total;

Bale has played exactly 100 league games for United (EDIT: Real Madrid) and 149 games in total.

:smirk:

Yes, I'm pretty bored.

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He is a genuinely world class player. Only the three Barca forwards and Ronaldo I'd rate higher. But his fitness levels would be such a concern.

His injury record would probably mean Real could be open to selling to us but only if they get De Gea. I'm not convinced paying a huge fee and losing our best player in exchange for a player who may only play half the season is a good deal.

Having said that the potential of this transfer would be mega. He could completely destroy the Premier League and his attributes of speed, power and finishing is exactly what we are missing - number 9 or not.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Would be great if he wasn't such a croc. The fee would have to have some element based on appearances or something, or it could prove to be an expensive mistake.

Ask yourself why RM might want to sell him.
Yep, if he wasn't an injury concern he wouldn't be available.

You wouldn't buy a car that kept blowing head gaskets. Bale relies on his physicality, if he's got a chronic calf issue it's a big deal.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Interesting coincidence:

Bale has played exactly 0 league games for United and 0 games in total.

Yes, I'm pretty bored.
fixed

Nick.

If we target Bale it might suggest we are not as close to aigning Perisic as the rumors suggested recently. Does Bale track back a lot though? Presumably he doesn't need to as mich at Real Madrid because they probably attack a lot mire than they defend. I wonder if his ego has gotten too large to go back to contributing defensively?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If we target Bale it might suggest we are not as close to aigning Perisic as the rumors suggested recently. Does Bale track back a lot though? Presumably he doesn't need to as mich at Real Madrid because they probably attack a lot mire than they defend. I wonder if his ego has gotten too large to go back to contributing defensively?
They might not affect each other as Bale plays predominantly on the right.

MadMike

I think I need to post some numbers here so people wake up.

Bale has a contract till 2022 where he earns £18m or £350k pw after tax. That is almost £30m or £600k pw gross. And that's for 6 more years until he is 33. If we were to sign him on similar terms and length for £80m, his combined salary+transfer cost would be an outlay of over £45m a year for a total of £270m. I hope you are starting to realise the size of the gamble.

If Real were to sell Bale they really have very very limited options. No Italian or German club would go anywhere that contract price, not even half of it. The only teams capable of paying it are perhaps United and City. Mayyybe PSG though I doubt it. And I still don't think any of them would offer that kind of money with such along contract duration to a guy with that many recent injuries.

Bale is going knowhere. He does't want to leave (just signed a new contract ffs) and he's too big a gamble given the cost for anyone else to take on after his recent injuries.

Amazing player though he is when fit, I wouldn't want us to be the ones that take this risk. Especially when he's not even keen to be here

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We sign Bale, lose De Gea and Bale get injured in his first training session. It's very predictable.
Do not want!

Varun

Staff
Interesting coincidence:

Bale has played exactly 100 league games for United and 149 games in total.

Yes, I'm pretty bored.
I dont even remember him, says a lot about how shit he was for us. Do not want!

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
The Welshman, still only 27, has suffered 17 separate injuries during his time in Madrid. Eight of those have been in his calf (two on his right, six on his left). Other injuries include problems with his hip, ankle tendons, knee and hamstrings
Lovely... He's 28 next month by the by.
Someone had done the figures of the total days he's been injured in the last 2 seasons, it was in the hundreds.
Would link it if I could recall which thread.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I can't see him being a Mourinho player, i suspect Woody wants him for his marketing appeal and his vision of Utd.

Varun

Staff
I think I need to post some numbers here so people wake up.

Bale has a contract till 2022 where he earns £18m or £350k pw after tax. That is almost £30m or £600k pw gross. And that's for 6 more years until he is 33. If we were to sign him on similar terms and length for £80m, his combined salary+transfer cost would be an outlay of over £45m a year for a total of £270m. I hope you are starting to realise the size of the gamble.

If Real were to sell Bale they really have very very limited options. No Italian or German club would go anywhere that contract price, not even half of it. The only teams capable of paying it are perhaps United and City. Mayyybe PSG though I doubt it. And I still don't think any of them would offer that kind of money with such along contract duration to a guy with that many recent injuries.

Bale is going knowhere. He does't want to leave (just signed a new contract ffs) and he's too big a gamble given the cost for anyone else to take on after his recent injuries.

Amazing player though he is when fit, I wouldn't want us to be the ones that take this risk. Especially when he's not even keen to be here
Pretty much, they've just priced him out of the market with that contract. No one. not even us, City or PSG are offering that for a guy with question marks over his fitness.

Sigma

I can't see him being a Mourinho player, i suspect Woody wants him for his marketing appeal and his vision of Utd.
I can. He's quick, strong and one of the best headers of a ball in the world. Maybe not as defensive as other options but he would be our star player.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I would seriously rather have Jamez or Morata, who both will give more in terms of games and effort.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Despite his injury history, i would be willing to go full blown muppet should a credible source come to light with serious news. Bale is a top tier player, there is no doubting that at all, and as a former full back he understands the defensive side of the game to an extent that would suit Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.