Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Indeed. I won't bemoan the price of a top player that doesn't have severe injury records. He'll I'd be happy if the club got Neymar for that price or higher.
I won't bitch about signing a top player with a injury record, but I'll voice concerns as it's a uncomfortable risk. It's not like voicing our concerns changes anything anyway.
I'll give you that.

Dazzmondo

Hope this is true.

De Gea
Lindelof - Bailly - Rojo
Valencia - Herrera - Matic - Darmian
Pogba
Lukaku - Bale​

That'd be a insane side imo.
What about when Ibra comes back? This?

3-4-1-2:

de Gea
Lindelof - Bailly - Rojo
Valencia - Herrera/Matic - Pogba - Shaw
Bale
Lukaku-Ibrahimovic

3-1-4-2:

de Gea
Lindelof - Bailly - Rojo
Matic
Valencia-Herrera-Pogba-Shaw
Lukaku-Bale/Ibra

4-2-3-1:

de Gea
Valencia-Bailly-Rojo-Shaw
Herrera/Matic - Pogba
Mkhi/Rashford - Bale/Ibra - Martial/Bale
Lukaku/Ibra

4-3-3:

de Gea
Valencia-Bailly-Rojo-Shaw
Herrera-Matic-Pogba
Mkhi/Rashford - Lukaku/Ibra - Bale/Martial
Difficult to argue that doesn't look far stronger even when Bale isn't available

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ha. Ridiculous. Where do you think a budget comes from!
He's not come near living up to the price tag so far.
He's played one season so of course he hasn't lived up to his price tag, he's well on his way to though.

MrSingh2002

Jose 433
De Gea
Valencia Bailly Rojo New LB
Matic
Herrera/Felli Pogba
Mkhitaryan Lukaku Bale​

Chelsea 343
De Gea
Lindelof Bailly Rojo
Valencia Matic Pogba New LB
Mkhitaryan Lukaku Bale​

Jose 3511
De Gea
Lindelof Bailly Rojo
Valencia Matic New LB
Herrera Pogba
Bale
Lukaku
I believe they all work if we get Bale/winger and a left back. Sell Shaw when he's back fit. Simples. Shaws on too high wages to keep as a backup.

Blind would be worth keeping as backup to a new left back and also as CB cover.

Darmian can stay as right back cover unless we sign an Aurier and then its goodbye Darmian too. I don't believe Jose could overlook this so I'm sure something will happen in the window regarding one winger and a fullback, preferably left back.​

Zoo

I'd have Bale in a free role behind Lukaku. Both would score 20+ goals and propel us to the title.

Deleted member 101472

from everyone's hypothetical lineups it seems that bales arrival spells the end of martial in first team plans.

Dazzmondo

from everyone's hypothetical lineups it seems that bales arrival spells the end of martial in first team plans.
One of the things I don't get about all the people complaining about Bale being injury prone is that when he is even if he gets injured those games he's missing for could be used to give other players a chance anyway. Frankly, I don't think Martial's first team prospects are much better without Bale anyway. He's 4th choice on the wing from what I can see as it stands (not saying I think he should be 4th choice, just that Jose seems to see it that way).

stevoc

Because there's no one else really.
If Darmian is our best option at LWB in a 352 then we just shouldn't even use the formation. We would have no attack down one side of the pitch, totally pointless playing him there.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
One of the things I don't get about all the people complaining about Bale being injury prone is that when he is even if he gets injured those games he's missing for could be used to give other players a chance anyway. Frankly, I don't think Martial's first team prospects are much better without Bale anyway. He's 4th choice on the wing from what I can see as it stands (not saying I think he should be 4th choice, just that Jose seems to see it that way).

Well, you can't really decide when he's going to be injured or fit. What if he gets injured right before a big game? You can't build your plans around a player who misses half the games anyway. If you can't rely on him, why would you pay the feckton required to bring him in?

Deleted member 101472

Can always play Bale behind Lukaku and Martial on the left vs the minnows in the league.
Yeah if you're getting an in form bale behind an inform lukaku then it's probably the best partnership on the league. Would like to see pogba stay to the the Left a bit more, he gets most of his joy from that side.

If you could have a reincarnate of Cafu on both flanks then it makes these 3-5-1-1 formations look so tasty. But I don't think we are set on the left side as things stand, Valencia can probably do a Cafu-esque job on the right though.

clarkydaz

Sergio Ramos about Mourinho's comments: "We respect other coaches opinions, but Gareth Bale is a Real Madrid player and we are delighted to have him here. Players' futures are decided by them. August is long and anything can happen, but we are at ease because he is with us."
Hardly hands off, he's ours

stevoc

Why has not 1 but now 2 threads about United potentially signing a winger lead to lots of speculation about switching to 352.

It makes no sense to me to try to sign wingers and then switch to a formation that doesn't use them.

Dazzmondo

Well, you can't really decide when he's going to be injured or fit. What if he gets injured right before a big game? You can't build your plans around a player who misses half the games anyway. If you can't rely on him, why would you pay the feckton required to bring him in?
Great chance for another player like Mkhi, Rashford, Mata, or Martial to take the chance. Since we'd be relying on them if we didn't sign Bale anyway I don't see how not signing Bale would make sense even in an unlikely worst case scenario. You buy him because of the impact he will have on the team when he does play. Worth the risk for the added quality he'd bring.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why has not 1 but now 2 threads about United potentially signing a winger lead to lots of speculation about switching to 352.

It makes no sense to me to try to sign wingers and then switch to a formation that doesn't use them.
Bale is arguably best in a free role behind the striker.

Deleted member 101472

He's much better as a support striker.

Dazzmondo

Bale isn't exactly a pure winger. He could play there but he could also play as a second striker or a cam which is probably a more natural position for him now. Tbh he could pretty much play anywhere across a front 5

Deleted member 101472

Probably 100 mil with certain add-ons for appearances and perhaps individual awards.

Real won't sell him less for what they paid.
That's the problem with this.

Fit and on form gareth bale is just as influential as Neymar. Sure he's not as marketable but he's a difference maker, coming back to a league where he was comfortably the best player in it, and 3 champions league medals richer.

If Neymar is worth €220million then at the very least his market price would be €170million

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What would the transfer fee be?
150m€. A consolidated top player.A different level of quality to be candidate in the Premier League.If Coutinho costs 100m€ It seems a reasonable fee.
Hehe,I was joking.I would sell for 85-95m€

Deleted member 101472

150m€. A consolidated top player.A different level of quality to be candidate in the Premier League.If Coutinho costs 100m€ It seems a reasonable fee.
I think all things considered these days €150million would be fair and maybe a bit short

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'll give you a Young, Blind & Keane player. And some chilli nuts.

Chip

If Neymar is worth €220million then at the very least his market price would be €170million
Absolutely not. While I agree that Bale at his very best is close to the same level as Neymar, he's rarely been at that level the past seasons due to injury. And that's not even taking the age difference and Neymar's much bigger marketability into account. I doubt Real will demand much more than €100 million if they are actually looking to sell him.

stevoc

Bale is arguably best in a free role behind the striker.
He's much better as a support striker.
Bale isn't exactly a pure winger. He could play there but he could also play as a second striker or a cam which is probably a more natural position for him now. Tbh he could pretty much play anywhere across a front 5
Guys i'm aware Bale can play centrally maybe that is his best position i'm not sure. But Perisic isn't a wing back and has never played there.

So still that doesn't really explain why potentially signing wingers has lead to this idea we are switching to 352. Jose said just last month 352 will only be an option for some games it won't be the main formation used.

If we are trying to sign winger/s then i imagine it's to actualy play them as wingers.

Eddy_JukeZ

That's the problem with this.

Fit and on form gareth bale is just as influential as Neymar. Sure he's not as marketable but he's a difference maker, coming back to a league where he was comfortably the best player in it, and 3 champions league medals richer.

I would disagree with that. I think Neymar's a level above him.

But maybe 100 mil is a bit low with this inflated market.

Eddy_JukeZ

Guys i'm aware Bale can play centrally maybe that is his best position i'm not sure. But Perisic isn't a wing back and has never played there.

So still that doesn't really explain why potentially signing wingers has lead to this idea we are switching to 352. Jose said just last month 352 will only be an option for some games it won't be the main formation used.

If we are trying to sign winger/s then i imagine it's to actualy play them as wingers.
I am against a 3 back system personally.

I hope it's only used sporadically.

Gerald G

My only issue with Bale is all the muscle injuries.

Matic--Pogba
Mkhitaryan--Bale--Martial/Rashford
Lukaku
And don't compare with Neymar please. Neymar is better, isn't injury prone, is much more marketable and is younger.

Fensa#08

I think it's classical mind game before the cup, he's up to something deffinitely

Womp

idiot

Neymar has been a level above him for a while. With both at their absolute best I don't think the difference is big at all. Don't remember the last time Bale was at his best though, 2 years ago?

Deleted member 101472

The similarities between the two are quite staggering. I'm sure one season their goals/assists record were very similar and they both have to play second fiddle to a GOAT candidate. With said players out the team, both Bale and Neymar looked every bit capable of being the star man.

The level he's trained at, the winning mentality he's got now and the fact that he's proven PL quality puts him at the same level as neymar for me in terms of how good they'd be for us.

Neymar probably has a higher ceiling though.

Dazzmondo

I mean I think he could work well in both systems but bear in mind Shaw isn't back yet (though he seems to be close) and we don't know how effective he would be as a wingback. Regardless of the formation we intend to use, Bale should be signed if it's at all possible imo

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think all things considered these days €150million would be fair and maybe a bit short
I consider Bale/Pogba price (100/120m€) as the appropiate level for a big transfer.I see Neymar's price as a exception.
As you said fit and on form could be influential but right now he's not fit.
Besides Madrid (if they decide to sell) could accept an smaller fee since they also are saving around 35m for his wages.I think he earns around 17net

Deleted member 101472

I consider Bale/Pogba price (100/120m€) as the appropiate level for a big transfer.I see Neymar's price as a exception.
As you said fit and on form could be influential but right now he's not fit.
Besides Madrid (if they decide to sell) could accept an smaller fee since they also are saving around 35m for his wages.I think he earns around 17net
And you don't think they would ask for a lot more due to the whole de Gea situation? Relations between the clubs aren't the best.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
And you don't think they would ask for a lot more due to the whole de Gea situation? Relations between the clubs aren't the best.
But it would be counterproductive.If Madrid sell it's because they have a replacement and they couldn't/shouldn't keep Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.