Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Except he will play against us, score a screamer from somewhere outside the box. Will be 100% injured vs City, Liverpool, Chelsea however.
Hasn’t scored in his last 45 shots from outside the box. So yeah he probably will against us.

HowYouDoin

Looks like it is going to be done today, I doubt he’ll be in the match day team for Sunday.
It does feel like a bit of a loss now considering we don’t have a right winger, could give Spurs a massive boost with a world class player coming in..
This is the greatest myth of all among United fans. Yes we do, yes we do. We have a great one that will score 20 PL goals this season.
His name is Mason Greenwood. Yes he is 19 but he's a top top talent and both Mbappe and Sancho were great at 19, Mason will be too.
And yes he is a centre forward but he can also easily play the inside forward role from the right wing. Hence we are covered at right wing.

What we need is depth. Therefore someone like Perisic would be awesome for us, we dont need to deal with Bale's ego or pay all that money or feel obligated to start him etc.
We just need good players off the bench that can cover left and right wing.

Reactions: roonster09

flappyjay

This is the greatest myth of all among United fans. Yes we do, yes we do. We have a great one that will score 20 PL goals this season.
His name is Mason Greenwood. Yes he is 19 but he's a top top talent and both Mbappe and Sancho were great at 19, Mason will be too.
And yes he is a centre forward but he can also easily play the inside forward role from the right wing. Hence we are covered at right wing.

What we need is depth. Therefore someone like Perisic would be awesome for us, we dont need to deal with Bale's ego or pay all that money or feel obligated to start him etc.
I share similar views, Greenwood will only get better this year. The worry at the moment is whomever steps in for him if he needs a rest or God forbid he gets injured. As you highlighted someone like Perisic would be a good shout to provide quality depth at both wings.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, think £20m if true would be the total cost to spurs. In practical terms that means covering 2/3 of the wages
Or we are paying a loan fee and your paying 2/3s :wenger:.

Like I said I don't think we will ever know the breakdown neither clubs will want to explain it. Its win - win.

Deery

Dreary

I think Greenwood is a tremendous player and can do a great job on the right, but he doesn’t strike me as a natural winger to give us width and put in crosses. I think he will still have a great season by the way, I quite like Sarr and could be a good player for us but if we really are going for Sancho which I really doubt it could be throwing money away.
I think we start the season with dan James and Greenwood which is okay but wouldn’t exactly propel us from where we where last season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Good luck to uns, it already feels like you’ve got a lift from this signing
The fans certainly have, have to see if it can transfer onto the pitch.

We have the numbers 9, 3 and 16, 16 was his first shirt with us.... would gurn like a baby if he picked that one.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Incredibly excited about this - I'm going to be a bit emotional when I finally see him wearing the shirt again.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He'll be a decent signing for Spurs. He fits into their profile more than ours at this stage.

K_Ash

I really hope we were never in for him. I really hope it was all just reporting BS/Fakenews.

united for life

He’s an excellent player. Proven in the EPL and La Liga. Madrid fans are the worst! Im sure he’ll be a success again, quality player. He loves golf ok, but he’s also a quality footballer

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He’s an excellent player. Proven in the EPL and La Liga. Madrid fans are the worst! Im sure he’ll be a success again, quality player. He loves golf ok, but he’s also a quality footballer
I feel he used that when he no longer cared about Madrid, but at the end of the day whats the difference in playing golf and other players playing FIFA and Fortnight.

AFC NimbleThumb

Greenwood is a natural 9 who’s so good he can do a more than adequate job on the right - you don’t tie the clubs most natural goalscorer to the wing for a year because “he’ll score goals from there”.

We wonder why we fall short so often when ‘good players off the bench’ are deemed acceptable; I quite like Perisic but competition from top talent would enhance the level of our attack not hinder it.

I hope the front 3 stay fit all season but any sustained period out/drop in form means ‘good cover’ then suddenly need to become ‘top class’ - as a club our options from the bench should be there to rival the starting 11 not do a decent job off of it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Greenwood is a natural 9 who’s so good he can do a more than adequate job on the right - you don’t tie the clubs most natural goalscorer to the wing for a year because “he’ll score goals from there”.

We wonder why we fall short so often when ‘good players off the bench’ are deemed acceptable; I quite like Perisic but competition from top talent would enhance the level of our attack not hinder it.

I hope the front 3 stay fit all season but any sustained period out/drop in form means ‘good cover’ then suddenly need to become ‘top class’ - as a club our options from the bench should be there to rival the starting 11 not do a decent job off of it.
You don't tie the players to wings, this is not 90s. That position has evolved over the years and now (or from last 10-15 years) most of the teams best goal scorers plays as wide forward. They don't play as wingers, they play as inside forwards/wing forwards.

tomaldinho1

Mason is a great talent, he will be a great player but he is 18 and he is not anywhere near being a top level RW. If you look at football by simply reading the stats at the end of the season, you miss 99% of what happens on the pitch. Greenwood scored 10 PL goals which is a solid return for someone so young but he only got one assist & he leaves AWB massively exposed because positionally he's poor (not his fault he's a striker). Those stats are what you'd expect when you accept the fact he is a clinical striker playing out wide and has not grown up playing/being coached that specific role and it shows. Is he our best option there? Yes. Is he close to being among the best RW in the league? No.

SteveTheRed

I don't think it's that bad business , £20m for the season and it could turn them into a side that gets CL football. Didn't Arsenal pay a £15m loan fee for Dani Ceballos and paid him a wage?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
These are the good times Spurs fans. Enjoy it. This is your piano moment before the harsh cold reality sets in.
It is equivalent to you guys signing Ronaldo again. It's a pretty amazing feeling. My two favorite Spurs players of the last 20 years (Kane and Bale) will be playing together in the same team - it's a dream.

DRM

He would've done well here I feel. Shame we didnt get him

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
God he looked so cringe to be there :lol:
He looked beaming to me! Imagine coming from a club whos fan basically hated you, threw shit at your car, listen to these cretins. To getting a reception like that.

Of course it could all be bollocks but i really dont care at this point.

redmanc

Dunno about anyone else but im delighted he's back in the Prem, hope it works out for him and hope he proves to real madrid he still "has it".

Status
Not open for further replies.