Gary Neville puts fan questions to Sir Alex | Sir Alex: "What the hell is LADbible?"

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Man I am so grateful that one: the great man is still around and two: he seems to be doing a fair few interviews to promote his film. The football world craves his thoughts, opinions and stories about football. It would have been a tragedy if he didn't recover to share them after his health scare. We need much more Fergie!

mav_9me

If I was Mason Greenwood that would be the highlight of my career so far.

Rustyspider13

Amazing interview. Gascoigne being named as the player he'd like to have managed stuck out to me. SAF always thinks about the human side of the game first. Main reason he's the GOAT.

binary bot
Crazy how big ladbible have become from stealing content

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wasn't planning on watching yet but I couldn't resist. We got some more "no doubt about that" quotes, which was a treat.

3 things:
1. I think most of us predicted he'd say Gazza?
2. I'm glad he said Johnsen was underrated. He kinda gets forgotten about in that treble winning team due to playing in defence with Schmeichel, Neville, Stam and Irwin, but he more than played his part. Sometimes in midfield!
3. I couldn't see us beating Barcelona even if Fergie had made that change with Ji. I was surprised at how sure he was that we would have with the change, though.

ShinjiNinja26

I wasn't planning on watching yet but I couldn't resist. We got some more "no doubt about that" quotes, which was a treat.

3 things:
1. I think most of us predicted he'd say Gazza?
2. I'm glad he said Johnsen was underrated. He kinda gets forgotten about in that treble winning team due to playing in defence with Schmeichel, Neville, Stam and Irwin, but he more than played his part. Sometimes in midfield!
3. I couldn't see us beating Barcelona even if Fergie had made that change with Ji. I was surprised at how sure he was that we would have with the change, though.
I believe we would have for exactly that reason the confidence he said it with. That being said that man could tell me the sky was green and I’d believe him. :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I believe we would have for exactly that reason the confidence he said it with. That being said that man could tell me the sky was green and I’d believe him. :lol:
Ha! He just gives off an aura that makes you believe in what he says. The fact that we had as many comebacks and late winners under him as we did were a testament to that.

ShinjiNinja26

Ha! He just gives off an aura that makes you believe in what he says. The fact that we had as many comebacks and late winners under him as we did were a testament to that.
Yep. I can only imagine what his dressing room team talks were like, it must have been a sight to behold.:drool:

youngrell

Seems to have a great dynamic with Neville. Gary is at ease talking with him but with clear respect.

Hope Sir Alex continues to offer his thoughts for a while yet, it will be a shame not to hear his opinion more often.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Unless if Ji, the coaches, and the players as a team already prepared for it before the match then probably yes we would have which I'm guessing we already prepared for it since Sir Alex said he was planning to do it but if it was just a sudden change during half time talk, I don't think it would be that easy to mark Messi. Marking someone means you tend to be out of position, someone else need to be tactically aware to cover for Ji's position. Good example, when we beat Leeds 6-2, Phillips was tasked to man mark Bruno and it backfired Leeds since it created space for McT to run into.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Haha, didn’t answer Gary’s question about the strikers and brilliantly turned it into a related question to Gary.

Josh 76

Unless if Ji, the coaches, and the players as a team already prepared for it before the match then probably yes we would have which I'm guessing we already prepared for it since Sir Alex said he was planning to do it but if it was just a sudden change during half time talk, I don't think it would be that easy to mark Messi. Marking someone means you tend to be out of position, someone else need to be tactically aware to cover for Ji's position. Good example, when we beat Leeds 6-2, Phillips was tasked to man mark Bruno and it backfired Leeds since it created space for McT to run into.
Park had done a job on Pirlo before this match. So for Sir Alex to suggest that, he probably would have gone back to those tactics he deployed against AC Milan.

But Barcalona were in a different league. So I don’t think it would have made much difference. The final were I did think he got it wrong was the 2009 final. That was the one that still hurts. Back to back PL and CL winners 2008 and 2009. Now that would have put Pep and Klopp in their places forever.!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
It wouldn't have worked. He was already tired from chasing the ball as it was. Let alone following Messi all game
Look at his attempt to close down on messis goal. It was a tired attempt. Sometimes you just hold your hands up.

Norris

Damn, wish there was more of that! Can never get tired of hearing him speak.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It wouldn't have worked. He was already tired from chasing the ball as it was. Let alone following Messi all game
Look at his attempt to close down on messis goal. It was a tired attempt. Sometimes you just hold your hands up.
Chasing the ball trying to stop 3 Messi, Xavi & iniesta and marking one player Messi alone is different.

:lol: He got a nickname of three lungs Park for reason mate.

pablo__p

Thanks for sharing! So happy to see SAF in such a good form.

I could listen to him all day long!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Chasing the ball trying to stop 3 Messi, Xavi & iniesta and marking one player Messi alone is different.

:lol: He got a nickname of three lungs Park for reason mate.
3 lungs Park that was blowing his ass after 50 mins of that match.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Haha hater. Just because he destroyed you so many times doesn't mean you should hate him. :lol:

Hater for what lmfao ? Wow he had one good game ok well done. Why are you deflecting from the fact him man marking Messi in the second half would have won you the game when after 5 mins in that second half he couldn't even close down properly.

predator

Youth NITK
Just watched this...
It's genuinely emotional watching him reminisce. No one will ever compare. He's too great for words.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hater for what lmfao ? Wow he had one good game ok well done. Why are you deflecting from the fact him man marking Messi in the second half would have won you the game when after 5 mins in that second half he couldn't even close down properly.
If you didn't ignore my quote about chasing the ball vs multiple players and marking one player is different then you would understand that I was never deflecting it. :p

One game? :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The thing that always gets me is his memory. He’s reminiscing about the detail of a match 25 years ago and drops in “oh yeah it was an Easter Monday match“. His brain isn’t wired the same as other people.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
If you didn't ignore my quote about chasing the ball vs multiple players and marking one player is different then you would understand that I was never deflecting it. :p

One game? :lol:

You drew that game nothing to celebrate lmfao iirc fecking kalou scored.

Do you genuinely believe the difference between you and that barca side was park not man marking Messi? If you do you are honestly off your head.

TheReligion

Abusive
You drew that game nothing to celebrate lmfao iirc fecking kalou scored.

Do you genuinely believe the difference between you and that barca side was park not man marking Messi? If you do you are honestly off your head.
Oh go away pestering!

This is the United forum and the great man has spoken. Jog on.