Gary Neville: Shadow DOF?

manunited1919

To what an extent does Gary Neville influence’s our club’s direction? We know he is an ex-teammate with Ole and Carrick, so it’s not surprising he has good access to try to influence them directly. To me, it seems like he is one of the main instigators of Lukaku being sent away, and he seems to just waiting for the right moment to attack Pogba.

I don’t have an issue if Ole himself wants to ship out whichever players, and wants to implement a Brexit strategy with our club, as long as these are his own ideas. After all, if and when those ideas don’t work, he will pay with his job. What really bothers me is Gary Neville exerting his “soft” power over Ole and other managers, and never have to be held accountable at all. If the ideas fail, he will also have an agenda to influence the next manager. This guy is a coward who will never really comes out and state his full agenda in public, and will always shift and squirm away from any kind of responsibility.

Kostur

海尔的老板
To what an extent does Gary Neville influence’s our club’s direction? We know he is an ex-teammate with Ole and Carrick, so it’s not surprising he has good access to try to influence them directly. To me, it seems like he is one of the main instigators of Lukaku being sent away, and he seems to just waiting for the right moment to attack Pogba.

I don’t have an issue if Ole himself wants to ship out whichever players, and wants to implement a Brexit strategy with our club, as long as these are his own ideas. After all, if and when those ideas don’t work, he will pay with his job. What really bothers me is Gary Neville exerting his “soft” power over Ole and other managers, and never have to be held accountable at all. If the ideas fail, he will also have an agenda to influence the next manager. This guy is a coward who will never really comes out and state his full agenda in public, and will always shift and squirm away from any kind of responsibility.

None.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ah Christ, I thought this was the international break from Gary Neville.

Last edited:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nope. Someone that can’t separate emotion from decisions is the last person you want anywhere near an executive role.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Nope. Someone that can’t separate emotion from decisions is the last person you want anywhere near an executive role.
I don't blame you for not reading this thread but that's not really what has been suggested here :lol:

Foxbatt

Gary Neville is a PIA. You have much better players and more influential people in the past at United and they do not come out and say half the stuff he says about United. I find him now an obnoxious pain and think he is acting like Donald Trump.

Art Vandelay

He turned me into a newt. Then I got better.

He also shot JR.

And he made Star Wars shit now.

He invented climate change.

He wrote the ending to Mass Effect 3.

He's a very, very bad man. A very bad man.

crossy1686

career ending
I don't think he's a shadow DOF but I do think he knows more about what happens behind the scenes with certain players, hence his 'agenda' against some of them. There's no way his anger and distain for some is completely based on match performances alone.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
What really bothers me is Gary Neville exerting his “soft” power over Ole and other managers, and never have to be held accountable at all.
We're making shit up to be bothered by now :confused:

What really bothers me about Neville is the way that he secured victory for the leave campaign by the coded messages and subliminal suggestion he's spouts through my TV, even when its switched off!

Prick.

Classical Mechanic

The spectre of Gary Neville stalks Ole night and day ‘full English breakfast ooooohhh’ ‘Brexit FC forever ooooohhh’ ‘passshhuuuunnn’ no wonder he’s starting to look like wee Jimmy Krankie.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I thought it was suspicious when Alexa started speaking with a Manc accent.

Green_Red

Did you not watch Lakaku last season? No one other than Lakaku is responsible for him being sent away.

manunited1919

Did you not watch Lakaku last season? No one other than Lakaku is responsible for him being sent away.
It’s obviously not just about Lukaku, read his tweet:

“ I won’t be happy till everyone single one of them that think they are better and bigger than the club and don’t want to be here are gone!”

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We're making shit up to be bothered by now :confused:

What really bothers me about Neville is the way that he secured victory for the leave campaign by the coded messages and subliminal suggestion he's spouts through my TV, even when its switched off!

Prick.
:lol:

Green_Red

It’s obviously not just about Lukaku, read his tweet:

“ I won’t be happy till everyone single one of them that think they are better and bigger than the club and don’t want to be here are gone!”
No youre right, clearly its an illuminati coded message, "the club" obviously means the illuminati. Its so clear now.

el3mel

Honestly that's such a crap replay on Lukaku's interview. He proved he has nothing to replay on him with.

I don't think he has any influence. He's just a terrible pundit. That's about it.

billybee99

He turned me into a newt. Then I got better.

He also shot JR.

And he made Star Wars shit now.

He invented climate change.

He wrote the ending to Mass Effect 3.

He's a very, very bad man. A very bad man.
And to think, all this time I've been blaming Jar Jar Binks and midi-chlorians.