Gary Neville

cyberman

I dont understand ohhhhhhing Casemiro not going for a tackle as if it was a close to being a red
Casemiro has hardly made a foul in this game

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No matter what the score is, you will always think United are 2-0 down if you listen to his commentary.

OldSchoolManc

There is no doubt that media and even officials take on board what Neville says when he says negative stuff about United and goes ‘Oooooooohh’.
He’s a top red so United must be punished if even Neville says so.
Stick up for your team more Gary, all ex Liverpool do it

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Last week he wanted our first goal disallowed for a potential offside 2 minutes before the goal. Every big social media outlet was milking that situation throughout the week, forming a narrative that we won because of the ref. Liverpool scored the exact same goal a couple of games ago and literally no one bat an eyelid.

This week he's focusing on the ref seemingly obstructing Luton players in the build up to the first goal. And now he's accusing Højlund of diving. He's a spiteful wanker.
He literally didn't do either of these things.

El Zoido

Kept his mouth shut when Woodrow, on a booking, went in on Maguire.

But with Casemiro, he’s straight away saying he’s lucky, almost begging for the red card.

It’s really tiring.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

How is Carragher encouraged to be a giddy Liverpool fan when he's on commentary but Neville has to be unnecessarily negative towards United?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Neville is extremely negative off his own back, I don’t think anyone’s telling him to hide his loyalties to Utd. Bizarre guy.
I'd say at least 75% of fans on here are negative about United, so it's not really that bizarre

After the goals (which he was very positive about by the way) there wasn't that much to be positive about in the first half anyway - second half he constantly said how we should have put the game to bed.

massey

The way he was telling casemiro to stop complaining/looking bewildered after that pathetic first booking was a wind up Neville should take a back seat more on united games as his constant over magnifying things brings attention to our play constantly and all the abu's lap it up as some authority or a green light to show twenty replays at half time.

ShinjiNinja26

I'd say at least 75% of fans on here are negative about United, so it's not really that bizarre

After the goals (which he was very positive about by the way) there wasn't that much to be positive about in the first half anyway - second half he constantly said how we should have put the game to bed.
The bizarre part is him constantly trying to prove he hasn’t got a Utd bias by going so far the other way and being extremely critical and negative a lot of the time. Everyone knows he’s a Utd fan and couldn’t really give a shit. He literally sits next to Carragher every week who’s basically a cheerleader for Liverpool, you’d think after seeing that he’d tone down the negativity a little bit. Of course as fans we can be very critical of our club but with Neville it feels way over the top a lot of the time.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
The bizarre part is him constantly trying to prove he hasn’t got a Utd bias by going so far the other way and being extremely critical and negative a lot of the time. Everyone knows he’s a Utd fan and couldn’t really give a shit. He literally sits next to Carragher every week who’s basically a cheerleader for Liverpool, you’d think after seeing that he’d tone down the negativity a little bit.
To us - Liverpool fans get annoyed at the exact same thing with Carragher though (that he's too negative about them on comms).

Also pretty much all oppo fans thing Nev is incredibly biased towards us - so its really swings and roundabouts stuff.

cyberman

How is Carragher encouraged to be a giddy Liverpool fan when he's on commentary but Neville has to be unnecessarily negative towards United?
It’s worse than that. I’ve noticed Sky puts him on almost all City games when the title race hots up. They don’t care about his bias, it’s encouraged.
Id love to see the stats on that. He’s rarely solo co commentator for the first half of the season then he’s on City every week

Rockets Redglare

Neville is extremely negative off his own back, I don’t think anyone’s telling him to hide his loyalties to Utd. Bizarre guy.
Exactly, if you listened to Neville you’d think he was a terrible footballer who was stealing a living during his career.

I appreciate self-deprecation but it’s tiring and it’s got to the point now where younger fans have no idea how great he really was.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I mean, thats textbook diving if there is no contact.
There's a slight difference I would say, if you think you're about to get hit you can naturally start going down in anticipation, where as diving is you knowing there is definitely going to be no contact but trying to manufacture it anyway... plus Hojlund didn't appeal or anything like that.

Put it this way, there was no contact obviously, so do you think Hojlund dived?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
There's a slight difference I would say, if you think you're about to get hit you can naturally start going down in anticipation, where as diving is you knowing there is definitely going to be no contact but trying to manufacture it anyway... plus Hojlund didn't appeal or anything like that.

Well said.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wish he stops that self depreciating thing about his playing career. It annoys when there are bang average players like Micah Richards suggesting that they were better than Gary Neville at anything.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Wish he stops that self depreciating thing about his playing career. It annoys when there are bang average players like Micah Richards suggesting that they were better than Gary Neville at anything.

Always worth a rewatch.... You can always tell when Keane thinks he's just heard an absolute load of shite.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

This is all accurate and no Hojlund didn’t dive or appeal for anything, hence the irritation of Neville saying he was looking for a penalty.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
He specifically said he went down “looking for a penalty”, which is diving and was a bullshit comment.
I can't remember the "looking for a pen" comment so I'll take your word on that, but he definitely said that he was anticipating the contact, which completely mitigates that statement for me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can't remember the "looking for a pen" comment so I'll take your word on that, but he definitely said that he was anticipating the contact, which completely mitigates that statement for me.
It doesn’t mitigate anything though; anticipating contact and looking for a penalty is literally the definition of diving.

mctrials23

I think its a very grey area. Just because a player doesn't claim a foul after going down when there was no contact doesn't mean they weren't trying to cheat. Going down on the assumption of contact is everything that is wrong with the modern game and the way we reward cheating. Thats the brother of "there was contact therefore its a penalty".

I would be very tempted to give players yellows for that sort of thing despite the lack of theatrics.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The way he was telling casemiro to stop complaining/looking bewildered after that pathetic first booking was a wind up Neville should take a back seat more on united games as his constant over magnifying things brings attention to our play constantly and all the abu's lap it up as some authority or a green light to show twenty replays at half time.
I was watching the game on US TV and they said the exact same thing so maybe there is something to it

Frank Grimes

Not only his, United's in general. Every time he talks about past games he was involved in we were getting battered. Anyone would think we were relegation candidates every season. Odd.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not only his, United's in general. Every time he talks about past games he was involved in we were getting battered. Anyone would think we were relegation candidates every season. Odd.
And about how we played without “tactics”. It’s all very weird.

JB7

Always worth a rewatch.... You can always tell when Keane thinks he's just heard an absolute load of shite.
What's happened to Richards? I don't know if I'm just watching less football on TV but it felt like he was everywhere over the past two or three years but I've barely seen him on anything for ages now.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
What's happened to Richards? I don't know if I'm just watching less football on TV but it felt like he was everywhere over the past two or three years but I've barely seen him on anything for ages now.
Don't jinx it please.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
His popularity (if any) was contingent on Keane having anything interesting to say and him guffawing like an idiot at it. Keane has now said everything he has to say = nobody cares about Micah anymore.

Vernon Philander

He’s on that Rest is Football podcast now right ?

JB7

He’s on that Rest is Football podcast now right ?
Fair enough, I wasn't suggesting he was dead just that he suddenly wasn't on TV every 5 minutes. I've also never heard of that podcast tbf but thanks for letting me know to avoid it.