Gary Neville

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A completely normal reaction to a 50 yard equaliser against our biggest rivals is to immediately talk about how 'embarrassed' you are that we've scored.
Yeah, I like Neville the TV studio pundit or on shows like the Overlap / Stick to football - he has a way of great way of putting things across that has a mix of emotion and insight. However, he’s far too melodramatic in the commentary box especially on United games but also otherwise (million pound bottle jobs or whatever bit was). He generally tries way too hard to compensate for being a United fan with his sucking off of City and Liverpool and often making a fit out of himself talking about us.

RuudTom83

Did he repeat the last few words every time he made a point?...made a point?

I like it when he does that...does that.

Sign of great intelligence...intelligence.

Wing Attack Plan R

Didnt rate him as aplayer, felt he was avaerage and benefited from playing in the best team. He overcompensates for being a united fan
Neville played for United for 10 years, 5 as captain, when we won the lot. He was incredibly good. Saying he’s average is a terrible take that reeks of either having an agenda or not knowing what makes someone a good player. Neville won 20 trophies, including eight Premier League titles and two UEFA Champions League titles.

crossy1686

career ending
Like Carragher you mean. I'd just prefer him to not be a cretin
I know you weren't the person who originally quoted me but I'll refer back to my original point:
We have some very soft fans who can’t stand someone saying something they don’t want to hear
Personally I don't really care what Neville says, his opinion holds no weight with me apart from I know he's played the game and he's super fecking serious about football so I doubt he can ever really enjoy anything unless it's a 9/10 performance. We've all got one mate who can't ever enjoy anything and Neville is that mate, just take him for what he is.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I know you weren't the person who originally quoted me but I'll refer back to my original point:

Personally I don't really care what Neville says, his opinion holds no weight with me apart from I know he's played the game and he's super fecking serious about football so I doubt he can ever really enjoy anything unless it's a 9/10 performance. We've all got one mate who can't ever enjoy anything and Neville is that mate, just take him for what he is.
It's not him telling the truth that does my head in, I quite like that aspect of his analysis. It's just when he hammers things/players and never lets it go.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Would anyone prefer it if he was biased towards us and not against us?
I don't care about been biased for or against - I'd like him to have a semblance of neutrality and clear mindedness, because being biased makes him spin things in a certain way and miss some obvious points from the game.

Wing Attack Plan R

I don't care about been biased for or against - I'd like him to have a semblance of neutrality and clear mindedness, because being biased makes him spin things in a certain way and miss some obvious points from the game.
Maybe it’s a little bit like the coach’s kid syndrome where you end up treating your own kid a little more harshly than the other kids - you don’t mean to do it. It’s just the way it works out.

Herman Toothrot

He said that and moments later we equalised and then went ahead. Slap it right up him. He is poisoning united fans heads (for those nieve enough to believe what he says) with negative crap.
Exactly. He was laying into the side as though what happened in the remainder of the game wasn't entirely predictable. Did he even watch the last game? I'm not Ten Hag's biggest fan, far from it, but United coming back was always on the cards, and to claim this was the easiest game Liverpool would play for the remainder of the season was beyond thick. He's one of those loudmouth fans who make sure everyone here's them criticise the team during the match, so that when they lose he can save himself the embarrassment of supporting the losing side by saying 'I told you so'.

Steve Bruce

Exactly. He was laying into the side as though what happened in the remainder of the game wasn't entirely predictable. Did he even watch the last game? I'm not Ten Hag's biggest fan, far from it, but United coming back was always on the cards, and to claim this was the easiest game Liverpool would play for the remainder of the season was beyond thick. He's one of those loudmouth fans who make sure everyone here's them criticise the team during the match, so that when they lose he can save himself the embarrassment of supporting the losing side by saying 'I told you so'.
Pundits are a bit like tabloids, it's sensationalist rubbishy click bait type of crap and neville is up their with the worst of them

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He trots out a silly line or two, but he’s been pretty note perfect on United for the longest time now.

Never really gets my back up.

E-mal

Neville played for United for 10 years, 5 as captain, when we won the lot. He was incredibly good. Saying he’s average is a terrible take that reeks of either having an agenda or not knowing what makes someone a good player. Neville won 20 trophies, including eight Premier League titles and two UEFA Champions League titles.
Look, I will take Neville in a heart beat for this united team and I respect him for what he has done for us as a club. He is a legend. May be saying he is average is being way over the top but I am someone that prefer the likes of Cafu or Walker, someone that is able to win his battle 9/10 times without being covered for and also contributing immensely going forward. I will take that back but my point is he was not my cup of tea.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He trots out a silly line or two, but he’s been pretty note perfect on United for the longest time now.

Never really gets my back up.

Exactly. Even yesterday he kept saying that United need to get to HT at 1-0 somehow and then you don’t know . I don’t see how you are supposed to watch this team and then not be critical of just how bad we are.

Malone_Post

There was nothing obvious about it, he didn’t mention it being a tactical instruction at all, so much so that Carragher had to mention it twice in defence of Kobbie, all the while Neville ignored Carragher and continued his rant about the ‘basics’.

Let’s face it, Nev is an arsehole. I understand being angry and frustrated at the state of UTD but to get vicious with young players as a result, particularly those that are least deserving, is shit.
It was pretty obvious to anyone who doesn’t need it spelling out to them that his issue was with the tactics. He spent the whole game criticising them ffs! Why were the midfield playing so high, why were they playing man to man and leaving acres of space in behind etc All completely justified questions. The idea that he was criticising Mainoo personally, let along being ‘vicious’ with him is absolutely laughable.

The agenda against Neville on this forum is quite incredible.

Sir Marcus

It was pretty obvious to anyone who doesn’t need it spelling out to them that his issue was with the tactics. He spent the whole game criticising them ffs! Why were the midfield playing so high, why were they playing man to man and leaving acres of space in behind etc All completely justified questions. The idea that he was criticising Mainoo personally, let along being ‘vicious’ with him is absolutely laughable.

The agenda against Neville on this forum is quite incredible.
:lol:

Plenty of reports have interpreted the same way. Good thing Carragher made a point of sticking up for the kid.

IRELANDUNITED

Exactly. Even yesterday he kept saying that United need to get to HT at 1-0 somehow and then you don’t know . I don’t see how you are supposed to watch this team and then not be critical of just how bad we are.
Being critical is fine, what annoys me about G.Nev is his desperate need to suck up to City and Liverpool, even though both teams deserve credit an ex United player isn’t the one that should be giving it to them, he should be more harsh, critical, whatever, if you are a fan act like a fan. Look at his reaction to Bruno’s goal against Liverpool, he almost looked gutted at it.

Ive also always kind of got the feeling that some ex United players secretly have enjoyed United’s downfall since they’ve retired, it almost serves as a reinforcement for how good they were. Look at Scholes the other day criticising Garnacho and Mainoo for what they are wearing in training, how is doing that anyway beneficial to United now.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Being critical is fine, what annoys me about G.Nev is his desperate need to suck up to City and Liverpool, even though both teams deserve credit an ex United player isn’t the one that should be giving it to them, he should be more harsh, critical, whatever, if you are a fan act like a fan. Look at his reaction to Bruno’s goal against Liverpool, he almost looked gutted at it.

Ive also always kind of got the feeling that some ex United players secretly have enjoyed United’s downfall since they’ve retired, it almost serves as a reinforcement for how good they were. Look at Scholes the other day criticising Garnacho and Mainoo for what they are wearing in training, how is doing that anyway beneficial to United now.
Such nonsense. 'If you're a fan, act like a fan'? What the hell does that mean? By sucking up to City and Liverpool, do you mean he's providing positive commentary on the top 2 teams in the country over the last few years? I mean what do you think his job as a pundit entails? People on here are mental. Disagree with his analysis by all means but he clearly loves United and is frustrated as the rest of us with the state of things. He walks the tightrope of balanced commentary and love of a club as well as anyone can.

IRELANDUNITED

Poor Gary is going to be absolutely heartbroken tonight, he might have to take his nose out of Klopps arse now after that result.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Classic Gary. Puts an underperforming scouser on a pedestal, calls him a "freak", then proceeds to self-deprecate. No wonder some of these modern day footballers have such thin skin when they get their egos stroked by ex-footballers who were twice the player they are.

Giggs' right foot

I find Gary's self-deprecating so corny and outright wrong. You can't win what we won with a make-a-wish-bloke taking up a position, but that's what he makes himself appear as, and it's become a meme.

He's 100% the kind of husband, that sits in the corner and watches his wife being railed og mutters "He's much better than me, isn't he? Isn't he?"

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I find Gary's self-deprecating so corny and outright wrong. You can't win what we won with a make-a-wish-bloke taking up a position, but that's what he makes himself appear as, and it's become a meme.

He's 100% the kind of husband, that sits in the corner and watches his wife being railed og mutters "He's much better than me, isn't he? Isn't he?"
That took a bit of a weird turn

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Totally agree. Its weird cause he's so pompous about his political opinions (in which he's clearly out of his depth) but acts like he wasn't that good in the field he's actually an expert in. You were a brilliant player Gary and you would walk into most teams in history. Own it.
It really is very strange.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You're right, Gary. You were mediocre. Fortunate to have a career in the game and earning thousands.
That's what he wants us to say, right ?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This is why the young England players never grow into world beaters. Trent is a shite defender, but there is no reason to do anything about it when you are getting that much smoke blown up you by one of the PL greats of the position.

The hype is real, and then people wonder why they never seem to push on.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Good. About time the utter garbage him and Sky spout every week catches up with them.