Gary Neville

Jambalaya

Lets hound our only creative MF from the team.Good player but he should just retire from punditry after his time with Valencia.Some people does not have shame.

RyRoc

He's deffo going over the top but have never understood why there is ever a debate over who takes the penalty. It's surely very clear before you go out onto the pitch and if not then a manager has failed in a very simple task. The only time it should ever be a debate is if you are four or five goals up with five minutes to play and there's a player with two goals who usually doesn't take them but wants a hattrick.

Greck

We were all fuming with Pogba but what let's the most of us ease off is the realisation that penalty selections are always and I mean always hindsight 20/20. That is unless you have a Phil Jones taking a pen off a Mata it's not worth starting a riot

Pennywise

Shambolic not having one player on pens. Pogba wants it to be about him but he is now statistically amongst the worst penalty takers of all time in the premiership

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Those quotes above are damning, 'typical you, you're selfish'. Just wow.

He talks so much rubbish it's unreal. Using his logic, Rashford took the penalty off Pogba last week seeing as Pogba was the designated pk taker for last season. So clearly, they had agreed something beforehand, which Rashford actually clarified after the match himself.

He makes no sense at all.

I wish he would save some of this energy for the Glazers.

AFC NimbleThumb

When a fellow professional you’ve never played with pipes up it speaks volumes imo

I’m generally a Pogba apologist but thought he was awful for a lot of tonight’s performance & shouldn’t have been near the penalty, he’s now missed 4 of 11 - Rash should be first choice.

The state of people waiting to round on him is pathetic mind. As Walters said, he didn’t want to miss it & the goalie made a good [decent] save - the fact he won the pen with some majestic movement will go unnoticed though.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Wolves increased their tempo, started pressing us higher up the pitch and we couldn't cope with it, we lost our composure, that's what cost us 2 points.

The penalty situation is blown out of proportion, and it's especially frustrating when a former United player is the one doing it. We have designated penalty takers, two of them happened to be on the pitch. Rashford wanted it and got it last week, Pogba wanted it this week. There was no fight, no sign of frustration, they spoke briefly and agreed without any issues.

Ofcourse Carra is saying it, what else do you fecking expect from him
We’ll agree to disagree mate. I think it’s a massive cock-up and I feel Neville’s frustration, had we been organised and had Rashford on the penalty we’d have gone home with the 3 points (we’ll of course never know that for sure!)

Gomes

Those quotes above are damning, 'typical you, you're selfish'. Just wow, he's unbearable.

He talks so much rubbish it's unreal. Using his logic, Rashford took the penalty off Pogba last week seeing as Pogba was the designated pk taker for last season.

You calling other opinions rubbish? Really? Your match thread "performance" was embarrassing.

Dante

Average bang
That point is valid but but his initial thoughts clearly lets us know that he doesn't like Pogba.
Or, rather, that he doesn't like the fact that Pogba missed after an on-field decision made on a whim.

Neville also made a good point that Sports Scientists decide EVERYTHING about a footballer's life on and off the pitch these day. Debating after the award of a penalty is poor mental preparation for the taker, and poor decision making by both staff and players.

If Pogba had a 100% success rate and Rashford had a 64% success rate, Neville would have been fuming at Rashford if he'd taken away the ball and cost United 2 points.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Or, rather, that he doesn't like the fact that Pogba missed after an on-field decision made on a whim.

Neville also made a good point that Sports Scientists decide EVERYTHING about a footballer's life on and off the pitch these day. Debating after the award of a penalty is poor mental preparation for the taker, and poor decision making by both staff and players.

If Pogba had a 100% success rate and Rashford had a 64% success rate, Neville would have been fuming at Rashford if he'd taken away the ball and cost United 2 points.
Agree, he kept saying it was because Pogba had a poor record compared to Rashford.

Ban

No, he wouldn't unfortunately. Last thing Ole and team need is making a mess out of nothing and this is exactly that. Ole will shed a light on that. On what? There are 2 penalty takers and I agree there should be one but all this drama about all this is just silly.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

This is where you're completely wrong, Gary Nevile is not the one to criticize British players, certainly not United ones. For him all source of poison at every club in turmoil are those pesky foreigners.

Murphy

You may not agree with his analysis but he has earned the right to his opinion on all things Manchester United.

His opinions today should never take away from the contribution he made to the club.

Hurts me to see a thread title like that about one our former players let alone one from the class of 92.

Jaae

Not ITK
Hates Pogba.
His anti-Pogba hatred is just as bad as the anti-Lingard hatred from Caftards.
He clearly has an agenda against Pogba and never misses a chance to insult him
“Hates”
“Hatred”
“Agenda”

He literally referred to Pogba as Uniteds best player in the same segment, then went on to predict Pogba would be the player of the year in the league this season. Obviously you clowns missed those parts, so desperate were you to get a dig in at him.

Posh Red

This is where you're completely wrong, Gary Nevile is not the one to criticize British players, certainly not United ones. For him all source of poison at every club in turmoil are those pesky foreigners.
He was so quick to accuse Pogba of being selfish, which is ironic given Rashford’s attitude towards taking free kicks

UncleBob

They are both designated penalty takes, how difficult is this to grasp.

Dante

Average bang
You hate Neville because he's white.

See how easy it is to throw around baseless accusations?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Go through my post history and if you find anything the accusations won't be baseless.

But allow me to break it down to you. Last week, Rashford (an English player) earned the penalty and took the ball to take it. Last season, our 'designated' taker on pitch was Pogba. But Rashford had a word with him vs Chelsea and took it.

I didn't hear shit about how this was 'treasonous behavior', 'how sports scientists did a poor job of mentally preparing the player for penalty' or raft of other bile he spew tonight. But, sure once it's Pogba knives are out.

Just because one is converted and other isn't doesn't meantt he 'problem' wasn't there, he's just a hypocrite to not speak on it when the player is English in question.

BestRed

They played well tonight. Great attitude, really unlucky not to win away to Wolves which is a game fecking nobody wins.

Gary's spent 10 minutes acting like the club is a mess over a missed penalty. "Something's not right, something's not right"

fecking idiot.
Exactly, after a very good away performance from the team at a tough ground, it would be nice to see him focus on that rather than making such a big fecking deal out of a missed penalty. It was obvious Pogba was already pissed off with himself for missing it.

GloryHunter07

Those quotes above are damning, 'typical you, you're selfish'. Just wow.

He talks so much rubbish it's unreal. Using his logic, Rashford took the penalty off Pogba last week seeing as Pogba was the designated pk taker for last season. So clearly, they had agreed something beforehand, which Rashford actually clarified after the match himself.

I wish he would save some of this energy for the Glazers.
You clearly didnt listen to everything Gary said tonight.

In Rainbows

I mean, does he have a history of doing that? Because Neville certainly has a history criticizing Pogba for anything. He criticized him for his hair cut. He always takes it easy on British players. Maybe because they're his mates back when he was coaching them so it's more of a bias on his friends rather than nationality. The point is, he clearly has an agenda.

Today James and Lingard had poor games and he focused on the pen. What do you want us to do? Ignore this blatant pattern in his critiques? I respect objectivity. Your opinion holds more weight when you're objective. Neville hasn't been that regarding Pogba.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
“Hates”
“Hatred”
“Agenda”

He literally referred to Pogba as Uniteds best player in the same segment, then went on to predict Pogba would be the player of the year in the league this season. Obviously you clowns missed those parts, so desperate were you to get a dig in at him.
"I thought typical you, you're selfish, why are you even thinking of taking a penalty off a player?"

Yeah sure I'm just desperate to have a dig at Neville despite sticking up for him a lot on here but crack on.

Dante

Average bang
Go through my post history and if you find anything the accusations won't be baseless.
Neville said Pogba is our best player and will win POTY this season. If those opinions should be ignored, so should your post history.

Gut feeling seems to be your bar for guilt. If that's the case, it should work both ways.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You may not agree with his analysis but he has earned the right to his opinion on all things Manchester United.

His opinions today should never take away from the contribution he made to the club.

Hurts me to see a thread title like that about one our former players let alone one from the class of 92.
Gary Neville the player is separate to Gary Neville the pundit. That should be obvious.

He is constantly stirring the pot, feeding the media with sensationalist headlines creating negative press for the supposed club he loves. Is he analysing the match? No, the first thing he done when it cut back to him was to call out Pogba on some bs. A player he has consistently criticised for over a year now, ever since Mourinho turned the public against him.

The media will play on this nothing story all week now, creating all sorts of fabricated turmoil when if he had kept his big mouth shut, nothing will have been said of it.

That is what he is being called out on.

In Rainbows

Neville said Pogba is our best player and will win POTY this season. If those opinions should be ignored, so should your post history.

Gut feeling seems to be your bar for guilt. If that's the case, it should work both ways.
Sure and if this was an isolated incident and he qualified his opinion with that there would be more weight behind his criticism. But we can't erase all the previous history that led up to this and that without a shadow of a doubt, revealed his dislike for Pogba.

Dante

Average bang
I mean, does he have a history of doing that? Because Neville certainly has a history criticizing Pogba for anything. He criticized him for his hair cut. He always takes it easy on British players. Maybe because they're his mates back when he was coaching them so it's more of a bias on his friends rather than nationality. The point is, he clearly has an agenda.

Today James and Lingard had poor games and he focused on the pen. What do you want us to do? Ignore this blatant pattern in his critiques?
If you only remember Neville's criticisms of foreign players and his praise of British players, and forget his praise of foreign players and criticisms of British players... then, yeah.

McUnited

They are both designated penalty takes, how difficult is this to grasp.
So who takes it when both are on the pitch? Whoever feels like it? Whoever is feeling good at that particular moment? What if both feel good? Is it then whoever provided the assist? Whoever got fouled? Whoever picks up the ball first?

There should be a single penalty taker so that they’re mentally ready when that penalty is awarded to step up and take responsibility, not to dither about deciding who should take it. Lacks professional efficiency, surely.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

But allow me to break it down to you. Last week, Rashford (an English player) earned the penalty and took the ball to take it. Last season, our 'designated' taker on pitch was Pogba. But Rashford had a word with him vs Chelsea and took it.

I didn't hear shit about how this was 'treasonous behavior', 'how sports scientists did a poor job of mentally preparing the player for penalty' or raft of other bile he spew tonight. But, sure once it's Pogba knives are out.

Just because one is converted and other isn't doesn't meantt he 'problem' wasn't there, he's just a hypocrite to not speak on it when the player is English in question.
Well said, clearly broken down for everyone to grasp.

Ban

Gary Neville the player is separate to Gary Neville the pundit. That should be obvious.

He is constantly stirring the pot, feeding the media with sensationalist headlines creating negative press for the supposed club he loves. Is he analysing the match? No, the first thing he done when it cut back to him was to call out Pogba on some bs. A player he has consistently criticised for over a year now, ever since Mourinho turned the public against him.

The media will play on this nothing story all week now, creating all sorts of fabricated turmoil when if he had kept his big mouth shut, nothing will have been said of it.

That is what he is being called out on.
I tend to agree. All that stuff about something wrong is a gold mine for media for the next few weeks.

Green_Red

We drew 1:1. It's worth talking about.
Yes, agree, but talking about it isnt what he did. He ranted on about it. Pogba missed a penalty. Ruud and Rooney missed penos for us. Even Cantona did. No need for the massive rant.