Gary Neville

Dr. StrangeHate

Would we? We may have spent more money than Klopp has at Liverpool but would we have signed the players Klopp would have wanted? Or would we have ballsed up those move like we have the players LVG wanted, the players Mourinho wanted and the players Ole wanted. I know where my moneys going
Klopp signed fairly easy to get players so yes no issues there.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't debate it was shite but as unlikely as it seems now we could have easily still came back to win the game at 2-1 down. The red card was a game changing decision, it can't just be ignored
Not based on our performance in that game up until that point. Or our performance this season up until that point. Let’s not forget that the way we played in this game was a continuation of what we saw against Palace and Brighton.

Fluctuation0161

Klopp signed fairly easy to get players so yes no issues there.
Ed can only negotiate with ageing free agents or ex United legends(VDS). He often pays over the odds and cannot get the players we need. Every manager has said this about him. Saying he gets 5th and 6th choice transfers.

Unsure why your head is in the sand.

Dr. StrangeHate

Ed can only negotiate with ageing free agents or ex United legends(VDS). He often pays over the odds and cannot get the players we need. Every manager has said this about him. Saying he gets 5th and 6th choice transfers.

Unsure why your head is in the sand.
Our managers have asked for Sancho, Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar, Kroos level players. Klopp asked for failed in PL Salah, VVD and Mane from Southampton. Totally different level of difficulty in negotiations.

cyberman

Neville chatting absoulte shite about our away form. Tonight is not the norm. Pretending we play bad until a goal goes against us just isnt true. Back until Brighton this year, we played well in all away games then we stupidly go behind.
The story is why cant we defend properly when we are dictating games, not this made up Neville narrative of playing shit because we think we are better than we are.

arnie_ni

Neville chatting absoulte shite about our away form. Tonight is not the norm. Pretending we play bad until a goal goes against us just isnt true. Back until Brighton this year, we played well in all away games then we stupidly go behind.
The story is why cant we defend properly when we are dictating games, not this made up Neville narrative of plauing shit because we think we are better than we are.
Haven't we went behind in almost all the games in this away run?

cyberman

Haven't we went behind in almost all the games in this away run?
Thats my point. It isnt because we are playing like tonight, we actually play well.
Southampton, Everton, Newcastle we played well in before they scored.
Hell we dominated v PSG and let them score the 2nd out of nowhere. Everton and Newcastle scored so early it isnt even relevant

TheMitz

I thought he was spot on with his comments tonight. Another away win but it's clear all is not right.

He loves Greenwood

arnie_ni

Thats my point. It isnt because we are playing like tonight, we actually play well.
Hell we dominated v PSG and let them score the 2nd out of nowhere. Everton and Newcastle scored so early it isnt even relevant
I don't get what your saying. Weve won 6 games this season and fell behind in 5 of them.

We start poorly, there isn't anyway to dress it up.

Even against psg we were horrible for the first 15 mins, then dominated until they scored again from like their first attack.

cyberman

I don't get what your saying. Weve won 6 games this season and fell behind in 5 of them.

We start poorly, there isn't anyway to dress it up.

Even against psg we were horrible for the first 15 mins, then dominated until they scored again from like their first attack.
Gary was saying we kept going behind by playing badly and needing a kick up the backside, saying maybe we think we are better than we are.
Apart from tonight, our wins back to Brighton had us playing well up to that point. The goals v Everton and Newcastle being scored so early that it doesnt even add to Garys point anyway.
He was pretending tonight was the away game norm. It really isnt.

Djemba-Djemba

We've fell behind every away game this season in the league.

It's good we keep managing to come back from it but it's clearly a problem that needs fixing

Cpt Negative

Gary was saying we kept going behind by playing badly and needing a kick up the backside, saying maybe we think we are better than we are.
Apart from tonight, our wins back to Brighton had us playing well up to that point. The goals v Everton and Newcastle being scored so early that it doesnt even add to Garys point anyway.
We keep going to behind in most games though, go back to the back end of last season from the restart, Spurs away, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth at home, all away games this season as well as Palace and Arsenal this season.
Might not be specific to away, but we do have a huge problem

arnie_ni

But he was hitting home the point we go behind far to often. I don't think you can argue that isn't a problem?

Today was awful and I get what your saying about how that's a standout bad performance.

M Bison

Supports
York City
The story is why cant we defend properly when we are dictating games, not this made up Neville narrative of playing shit because we think we are better than we are.
I never understand these comments from our fans criticising Neville, what exactly did he say to prompt this message? Everything he said seemed absolutely accurate to me, unless i missed something.

We were rubbish for 55-60 mins and then individual brilliance got us a result and also upped our performance which is pretty much what Nev said, didnt he?

cyberman

I never understand these comments from our fans criticising Neville, what exactly did he say to prompt this message? Everything he said seemed absolutely accurate to me, unless i missed something.

We were rubbish for 55-60 mins and then individual brilliance got us a result and also upped our performance which is pretty much what Nev said, didnt he?
He made it out to be the norm, as if this is how we play everytime we go behind.
Again, it isnt true.
This is the 3rd time im saying it!

M Bison

Supports
York City
He made it out to be the norm, as if this is how we play everytime we go behind.
Again, it isnt true.
This is the 3rd time im saying it!
Ha ha, sorry probably should have read your other posts/responses, hold my hands up there!

I suppose it did feel fairly similar to the Soton game though and I must admit when i heard him say "maybe if West Ham score it will wake them up" i did feel like i was in agreement with him.

Ace of Spades

Agreed.

NinjaFletch

Ha ha, sorry probably should have read your other posts/responses, hold my hands up there!

I suppose it did feel fairly similar to the Soton game though and I must admit when i heard him say "maybe if West Ham score it will wake them up" i did feel like i was in agreement with him.
That's not really what happened against Southampton though. We had the better of the first half, missed some chances and then conceded two dog shit goals. Southampton were on top for about 10 minutes at the end of the half as we recovered, and then we dominated the second half. Obviously no one is going to be happy clappy about being 2 down at half time, but we definitely weren't abject before they scored like today.

We need to break the habit of conceding the first goal, but Neville's comments on it today and the conclusions he was drawing were lazy.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

agree with you - and he's not wrong to say it's a real problem. Better sides won't let us off the hook when we go behind. anyone doubting that might want to take another look at the spurs game

Remember the geese

I really enjoy his punditry, but I'm not a fan of him commentating on our games. He is overly emotional and too invested in us to keep any semblance of balance. He speaks like a fan, which he obviously is. It leads him to persist in an overly critical/negative tone that he would not demonstrate in his commentary of a Liverpool, City or Chelsea performance for example.

criticalanalysis

I really enjoy his punditry, but I'm not a fan of him commentating on our games. He is overly emotional and too invested in us to keep any semblance of balance. He speaks like a fan, which he obviously is. It leads him to persist in an overly critical/negative tone that he would not demonstrate in his commentary of a Liverpool, City or Chelsea performance for example.
To be fair, what those clubs and their managers have achieved in the past few years allows more of a leniency.

Utd have deserved criticism under all managers post Fergie and nothing he said yesterday was false either. We can't expect come backs and starting games piss poor with our home form and then look at the table seeing at 4th and think 'yes it's good progress, nothing to complain about'.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Did he seriously just call Pep the greatest manager of all time ? Sigh

Cloud7

Did he seriously just call Pep the greatest manager of all time ? Sigh
Pep is very much in the conversation for ONE OF the greatest managers of all time. His Barcelona team were arguably the best team ever and dominated football in a way that hasn't been seen for this century. Only someone who has a blatant bias against Pep, of which there are many on here to be fair, would say that he isn't in the conversation for one of the best ever. Him and Jose are the two that will go down as the best of the generation of managers gone by.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think he said arguably didn't he?

He's definitely in the conversation IMO.
He added ‘potentially‘ at the last minute.....it’s incredibly disrespectful to the greatest manager of all time, who Gary player his entire career under, who made him the player he was and without whom he’d have been an incredibly average premier league defender. I’m sick of Neville and his trying to come off unbiased. You played under Sir Alex and you’re calling Pep the greatest manager of all time ? Call him a great manager...call him the best manager of this generation, whatever does he really want to argue he’s better than Ferguson?

That conversation can be had by pundits that didn’t play for Sir Alex, it wasn’t even like he was asked the question. He just comes out with these things.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pep is very much in the conversation for ONE OF the greatest managers of all time. His Barcelona team were arguably the best team ever and dominated football in a way that hasn't been seen for this century. Only someone who has a blatant bias against Pep, of which there are many on here to be fair, would say that he isn't in the conversation for one of the best ever. Him and Jose are the two that will go down as the best of the generation of managers gone by.
Who said he isn’t in the conversation? You missed the point. I’m not sure if you’re a united fan ?

Cloud7

Who said he isn’t in the conversation? You missed the point. I’m not sure if you’re a united fan ?
Did he not say arguably one of the best managers ever? What's the big deal in that?

And yes, I am a United fan.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Did he not say arguably one of the best managers ever? What's the big deal in that?

And yes, I am a United fan.
He said the greatest manager of all time....then added potentially

And no their would be nothing wrong in saying one of the best managers ever....no need to even add arguably. Pep definitely is one of the best managers ever

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Well potentially, he is the greatest manager of all time. Along with a few others, he is in the list. Nothing wrong with that.

People say Keane and Neville never criticise Ole but today both said he needs to change our performances and maybe get a trophy or he should rightfully be questioned.

They were both clearly disappointed that we didn't go for the win, especially Keane.

I pretty much agreed with everything they said.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well potentially, he is the greatest manager of all time. Along with a few others, he is in the list. Nothing wrong with that.

People say Keane and Neville never criticise Ole but today both said he needs to change our performances and maybe get a trophy or he should rightfully be questioned.

They were both clearly disappointed that we didn't go for the win, especially Keane.

I pretty much agreed with everything they said.
Better than Sir Alex ?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

And no their would be nothing wrong in saying one of the best managers ever....no need to even add arguably. Pep definitely is one of the best managers ever
So what‘s the issue. He does have the potential to be the best ever easily. A winner in three different leagues including a few European Cups and he‘s not done yet for a long time. I think it’s inevitable that he will be regarded as the best ever if he keeps it up.

KD6-3.7

People who don’t acknowledge Pep as one of the great managers really don’t know much about football. People call him a check book manager despite every manager at a top club spends large amounts of money, even SAF in his earlier day had United constantly breaking the British transfer record.

His Barcelona team will go down as one of the best football teams of all time.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Think sky need to seriously start considering putting him and carragher back in the studio. Listening to those two and the likes of Macca on BT really takes you out of the game. Whatever happened to commentators who just called the game with no agenda. Everything is centred around generating talking points and controversy and narratives.

Bring back the likes of Ally McCoist and Clive Tylesly. Commentators who just genuinely enjoy football and call the game. Do we really need to hear analysis all during the game. Save it for the studio.