Gary Neville

OL29

I totally agree with you. nothing wrong with diversity. However, standards have dropped dramatically. Shouldn't be about the colour of your skin, be it black-blue-white-yellow-green or whatever. Some of the new pundits are totally clueless and make you cringe just listening to them.
Are you taking the piss? As if piss poor punditry wasn’t a thing before it became more diverse. The likes of Jamie Redknapp, Paul Merson, Charlie Nicholas and Lawro have been criticised for years for being shit but no one tried to find a correlation between their ability and their ethnicity. Racist posters like you always expose themselves.

keithsingleton

Inappropriate Behavior
Are you taking the piss? As if piss poor punditry wasn’t a thing before it became more diverse. The likes of Jamie Redknapp, Paul Merson, Charlie Nicholas and Lawro have been criticised for years for being shit but no one tried to find a correlation between their ability and their ethnicity. Racist posters like you always expose themselves.
Nothing racist about my post unless your a snowflake.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Nothing racist about my post unless your a snowflake.
States diversity is a reason punditry is now worse

Calls anyone who calls the racist post a racist post a snowflake.

Do you have any evidence that it has anything to do with diversity? Or are you just a snowflake who is upset that you have to hear from different people on the television?

The King Eric

I know its his job with Sky Sports but I hope (I know its never going to happen) next season Gary tones it down with the criticism. The clubs needs time to breath, the ex players have all spoken about 2-3 even 4 years to get it right, so there is no need to slag them all off individually every 3-4 days...we get it! United are a bit shit, but the drama they create in the studio doesn't help the club in any way.
This!

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Pretty sure you know, if not goggle it. I'm stating since diversity came the in word in social media standards have dropped in pundits/commentators. its that simple. nothing more, nothing less.
Who in your opinion has led to the drop in standards? There a limited number of people on television - it can't be that hard.

Bobade

Pretty sure you know, if not goggle it. I'm stating since diversity came the in word in social media standards have dropped in pundits/commentators. its that simple. nothing more, nothing less.
That makes sense now. So diversity became the 'in word' and the quality of pundits dropped at the same time, and those things have nothing to do with one another?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
States diversity is a reason punditry is now worse

Calls anyone who calls the racist post a racist post a snowflake.

Do you have any evidence that it has anything to do with diversity? Or are you just a snowflake who is upset that you have to hear from different people on the television?
Maybe we can just show him some Nedum Onuoha best bits and his head will explode making it one less idiot.

jackal&hyde

I wanted to write what an idiot Neville is for the n'th time due to his moral bankruptcy for supporting russian gangsters and dictators for so long, but then I thought about how idiots most of them are:
- Giggs is a cretin with his wife and a complete disgrace with his brother;
- Scholes gives up his sources live on TV and is a spokes man for the losers in the squad;
- Keane is a maniac that wants to manage but everyone runs from him;

Honestly, most of them are fecking terrible people. How unbelievably amazing was SAF to make this lot such a successful team and more then that, keep their broken characters away from the media and fans.

The notion of protecting players from themselves has never been so apparent to me as in the last few years listening to our class of 92 lot. A bunch of cretins that were good at football and had the once in a life time chance of being lead by a true genius. And now they are on TV giving advice and opinions, and for a pay day no less. And fans listen to them.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm getting tired of him now. His opinions on Rangnick doing a dual role are contradictory. I remember a certain Mr Neville doing dual roles previously and there was no talk about conflict of interest.

Durlmints

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe we can just show him some Nedum Onuoha best bits and his head will explode making it one less idiot.
To be fair, people have assumed that diversity equals more representation of different races when in fact it also includes gender, disability etc. It may be that the original post wasn't intended as racist, rather that it signaled a dislike of anything other than the 'old boys club'.

OL29

To be fair, people have assumed that diversity equals more representation of different races when in fact it also includes gender, disability etc. It may be that the original post wasn't intended as racist, rather that it signaled a dislike of anything other than the 'old boys club'.
Well he specifically mentioned skin colour so it’s pretty safe to assume that’s what he was referring to:

Shouldn't be about the colour of your skin, be it black-blue-white-yellow-green or whatever
Seems like he’s offended by the sight of melanin on his screen which is ironic for someone who calls others snowflakes.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The problem with Neville is his double standards. He protected Moyes and Ole as much as he could, while he attacked LvG, Mourinho, and now RR as much as he can (and will do the same with EtH). Incredibly unprofessional.
What? He's expressly gone out of his way NOT to "attack" Ralf. He's done the complete opposite, in fact. Every time I've heard him speak, anyway.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The problem with Neville is his double standards. He protected Moyes and Ole as much as he could, while he attacked LvG, Mourinho, and now RR as much as he can (and will do the same with EtH). Incredibly unprofessional.
You're not wrong.

Moyes and Ole were - obviously - much closer to home for Neville.

Moyes was Fergie's choice (and Neville is Fergie's boy) - Ole was his mate.

It - again, obviously - would've been much harder for him to attack those two freely.

I really don't know if you can label that "incredibly unprofessional", though. Ideally, pundits should be 100% unbiased. Realistically, most of them are ex-players (or managers) - with certain ties and connections.

Everything Neville says and does is being scrutinized to an almost comical extent by United fans. He can't say or do anything that won't upset a certain subset of fans.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
You're not wrong.

Moyes and Ole were - obviously - much closer to home for Neville.

Moyes was Fergie's choice (and Neville is Fergie's boy) - Ole was his mate.

It - again, obviously - would've been much harder for him to attack those two freely.

I really don't know if you can label that "incredibly unprofessional", though. Ideally, pundits should be 100% unbiased. Realistically, most of them are ex-players (or managers) - with certain ties and connections.

Everything Neville says and does is being scrutinized to an almost comical extent by United fans. He can't say or do anything that won't upset a certain subset of fans.
Neville is a fecking bellend end of!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Neville is a fecking bellend end of!
As I've said before, I don't dislike him.

And I don't think he's anywhere near as blatantly thick as certain other pundits (the competition is hardly stellar, mind you).

That does not mean I positively like him (as a pundit), I just don't positively dislike him.

He's a United fan with clear biases and hangups - that's my take on him.

Strootman's Finger

I wanted to write what an idiot Neville is for the n'th time due to his moral bankruptcy for supporting russian gangsters and dictators for so long, but then I thought about how idiots most of them are:
- Giggs is a cretin with his wife and a complete disgrace with his brother;
- Scholes gives up his sources live on TV and is a spokes man for the losers in the squad;
- Keane is a maniac that wants to manage but everyone runs from him;

Honestly, most of them are fecking terrible people. How unbelievably amazing was SAF to make this lot such a successful team and more then that, keep their broken characters away from the media and fans.

The notion of protecting players from themselves has never been so apparent to me as in the last few years listening to our class of 92 lot. A bunch of cretins that were good at football and had the once in a life time chance of being lead by a true genius. And now they are on TV giving advice and opinions, and for a pay day no less. And fans listen to them.
I want to go back to a time when I knew them as players, not as people.

Durlmints

Supports
Liverpool
Well he specifically mentioned skin colour so it’s pretty safe to assume that’s what he was referring to:

Seems like he’s offended by the sight of melanin on his screen which is ironic for someone who calls others snowflakes.
Fair enough, I'd agree looking at the full post

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Neville (and Carragher and Keane for that matter) back to talking in riddles again there. They're all sat there wanting to blame Ronaldo for this season but none of them have the balls to say it (just like for years Neville wouldn't acknowledge the Glazers being shit owners)

Manncunian

Neville (and Carragher and Keane for that matter) back to talking in riddles again there. They're all sat there wanting to blame Ronaldo for this season but none of them have the balls to say it (just like for years Neville wouldn't acknowledge the Glazers being shit owners)
Yes let’s blame the greatest player to have ever graced the planet, where such things have never happened at any other club he’s played for, including us the first time.

Maybe, just maybe, this entire set of players are to blame, bar Ronaldo; who actually puts in the effort and tries to win games by scoring as many goals as humanly possible.

IhabX7

Saw that.. Absolute twat. I don’t know what he’s trying to achieve.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yes let’s blame the greatest player to have ever graced the planet, where such things have never happened at any other club he’s played for, including us the first time.

Maybe, just maybe, this entire set of players are to blame, bar Ronaldo; who actually puts in the effort and tries to win games by scoring as many goals as humanly possible.
Their train of thought was an ingredient has been added to the dressing room that's turned the whole place toxic so unless they were referring to Varane or Sancho then it's obvious who they were laying the blame at