Gary Neville

Pughnichi

What a moronic reply.
He was right though. Gary and the responding poster

Everything G said was on the money.

can Utd fans really get behind Bruno running round trying to leave one on them. I for one found it a great watch to see the petulant little p r i c k come off worse when he tried hurting Stones

Antony vs Doku was embarrassing as well.

A shameful performance

SirtheIcarium

The teams Gary Neville played with were full of bad losers. Keane, Stam, Butt, Ruud, Ronaldo, Rooney to name a few... and that's how the fans want it.
Not to mention Fergie, the worst loser of them all. Which is why I don't get his issue with Bruno. At 0-3 down at home in a derby, Keane would have been charging round sending City players to the morgue

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
cnut ain't he. Antony has enough of being Ole'd so does exactly what Neville himself would've done and booted a City player and he can't pull his tongue put of Doku's balloon knot quick enough to say Antony should be sent off.
The point is that doing it 87mins in at 3-0 down when 80% of the glorious fans are already home is utterly pointless.

RedAlert27

imagine wishing one of our club legends gets done for a criminal offence, you've had enough flower, go to bed
'Legend'. Give it a break! And even if he is a legend, the guys a total pleb of a guy. Look at him on any other programme, the guys a bully and complete and utter see you next Tuesday. Couldn't care less what he did for us on the pitch.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The point is that doing it 87mins in at 3-0 down when 80% of the glorious fans are already home is utterly pointless.
I agree. Just find Neville going overboard on us again annoying.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No. Our players were acting like childish pricks and were rightfully called out for it. You can’t just go round kicking and trying to injure opponents because they’re better then you. It’s pathetic and embarrassing. City were toying with us and their only response was to try and hurt them.
First, we happily kicked Arsenal around under Wenger. Often ruffled them and got us good results.

Second, would you rather our players just stop contesting the ball 3-0 down then? Cos the alternative to trying to make things a little hard for them would've been just to stand around and let them waltz about?

Third, I grew up with the 1994 team. Don't really have issues with our players giving some out in bad circumstances. The way we reacted against Galatasary back then wasn't exactly model behaviour but oh well. I prefer a Man Utd team with a bit of devil in it to choir boys. We take being beaten too lightly these days.

SirScholes

'Legend'. Give it a break! And even if he is a legend, the guys a total pleb of a guy. Look at him on any other programme, the guys a bully and complete and utter see you next Tuesday. Couldn't care less what he did for us on the pitch.
He actually speaks a lot of sense, anything but a bully. But then again you don't consider him a legend despite what he won with the club, and being club captain so why I'm wasting time on someone who could write what they know about the club on a tictac I don't know

SirScholes

First, we happily kicked Arsenal around under Wenger. Often ruffled them and got us good results.

Second, would you rather our players just stop contesting the ball 3-0 down then? Cos the alternative to trying to make things a little hard for them would've been just to stand around and let them waltz about?

Third, I grew up with the 1994 team. Don't really have issues with our players giving some out in bad circumstances. The way we reacted against Galatasary back then wasn't exactly model behaviour but oh well. I prefer a Man Utd team with a bit of devil in it to choir boys. We take being beaten too lightly these days.
You're not seeing the difference with being a hard tackling team, and acting like petulant children

No we do not want them to stand around, we want them to work as an organised team and win the ball back, running around on your own diving in and leaving space is not how to do that

You're not seeing the difference with being a hard tackling team, and acting like petulant children

No we do not want them to stand around, we want them to work as an organised team and win the ball back, running around on your own diving in and leaving space is not how to do that
Right. Cos Roy Keane stood on Gareth Southgate's crown jewels in the spirit of sportsmanship..

El Jefe

He was as irritated as I’d expect any United fan to be watching that.

He knows what it means to be a United player and to wear the armband so it’s no surprise most of his criticism was reserved for Bruno and Antony.

Stadjer

You arent getting away with some of the kicking that Neville did against Arsenal back in the day anymore. Picking up a (red) card and a suspension in an already lost game is just stupid. Football has changed. Kicking, causing injuries and getting away with it is not really a part of football anymore. I think that is a good thing.

Neville getting schooled by Carra. On the training pitch, ETH isn’t doing anything.

Neville blaming the owners. Doesn’t matter what the owners do. Monday to Friday. What is the style of play.

Woodzy

Really don’t understand why people have a problem with his commentary. I think there’s this expectation for him to be biased because of his affiliation with us, but he generally calls it right most of the time.

You arent getting away with some of the kicking that Neville did against Arsenal back in the day anymore. Picking up a (red) card and a suspension in an already lost game is just stupid. Football has changed. Kicking, causing injuries and getting away with it is not really a part of football anymore. I think that is a good thing.
Roy Keane tried to slap Alan Shearer in a game we were losing at Newcastle and got sent off. It's got nothing to do with what's acceptable and everything to do with how bad you take defeat.

The current Man Utd squad has too many good losers. If they were boxers they'd be called cans. They're great at taking a beating. They'll always show up with a smile to take a beating.

I didn't get any real sense that today's loss hurt most of our players. They weren't thinking about the lads and ladies leaving the ground having to listen to City fans. They weren't thinking about the taunting that's going to happen. They weren't offended to be second best.

We got a lot of good losers in our team and I hate it.

Terry Chango

I think you’re the only one looking like a “ see you next Tuesday “. Regardless of peoples views on his takes, he’s literally the definition of a club legend.

I mean, a legit United fan should know this right.

Superunknown

I don't watch any post-game punditry. Did he put the boot in with Rashford or was it just the foreign lads who got it?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I was at the game but from reading this thread it sounds like he decided to make up some more tripe on commentary. Didn't fancy saying Bruno was asking to be subbed again so he went for a different lie in a similar vein. Good thing there aren't many scouse pundits working in the media, otherwise Neville would be giving them more ammunition to spend the next few days doing another over-the-top character assassination of United's captain.

No but he wasn’t a petulant child
Yeah. Him trying to slap Alan Shearer when we were losing at Newcastle was all about geeing up his teammates. The subsequent red card was designed to inspire his teammates to pull the score line back. :lol:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Keane was hated by everyone not us and, frankly, I liked it that way and I'm sure he did too.

I was at the game but from reading this thread it sounds like he decided to make up some more tripe on commentary. Didn't fancy saying Bruno was asking to be subbed again so he went for a different lie in a similar vein. Good thing there aren't many scouse pundits working in the media, otherwise Neville would be giving them more ammunition to spend the next few days doing another over-the-top character assassination of United's captain.
Completely this. Carragher and the rest will eat it up. I'm sure TalksH!te will be all over it too.

Sorry but what he did to Haaland was very petulant.
If you go by some of what's written on here you'd think Roy Keane was like Captain America. :rolleyes:

ShinjiNinja26

I can’t stand him on commentary for our games, tries so hard to be unbiased he goes so far the other way. Even when we do get a win he makes it seem like it’s by the skin of our teeth and criticises how bad the opposition are as opposed to how good we’ve been. I’d rather he was like Carragher, we all know where your allegiances lie so just own it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No. Our players were acting like childish pricks and were rightfully called out for it. You can’t just go round kicking and trying to injure opponents because they’re better then you. It’s pathetic and embarrassing. City were toying with us and their only response was to try and hurt them.
I agree.

Letting them win tackles and duels like Rashford did twice against Walker in one attack in their box is the way to go. Might as well give them pat on the pack for playing well mid game and make them play even better.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
That's it? He's let the players off easy then. Probably mates with lots of them then, I guess?
He called them good lads.

You could tell that he didn't want to talk about the owners as it's become a bit of a meme at this point but the more Carragher laid into ten Hag he just couldn't help himself and went on a 15 minute rant about everything wrong behind the scenes.

FujiVice

Carragher is spot on, which makes me get acid reflux just saying it. The performances can only be blamed on the coach at this moment. The players, too, but that's another kettle of fish. How can this team look as clueless as they have all season? Its obscene how bad he's had them playing.

SirScholes

Sorry but what he did to Haaland was very petulant.
Still wasn’t a petulant child, there was a vendetta against haaland for shouting in his ear when he suffered his knee injury
Antony came on with his pet lip out

SirScholes

Yeah. Him trying to slap Alan Shearer when we were losing at Newcastle was all about geeing up his teammates. The subsequent red card was designed to inspire his teammates to pull the score line back. :lol:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Keane was hated by everyone not us and, frankly, I liked it that way and I'm sure he did too.

Completely this. Carragher and the rest will eat it up. I'm sure TalksH!te will be all over it too.

If you go by some of what's written on here you'd think Roy Keane was like Captain America. :rolleyes:
Massive difference for me
He saw red mist on sherear where as Bruno and Antony were sulking

and to be fair we are comparing Keanes attitude to an absolute fraud in Bruno

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Weird he hounded Bruno out constantly and ignored Rashford in the big moments he fecked up in.
Nothing wrong with what he said about Bruno. He’s the captain and he’s absolutely turd.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Still wasn’t a petulant child, there was a vendetta against haaland for shouting in his ear when he suffered his knee injury
Antony came on with his pet lip out
Completely disagree. It's exactly what a petulant child would do. But it's okay to disagree.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nothing wrong with what he said about Bruno. He’s the captain and he’s absolutely turd.
He moaned at Bruno for being fouled by Stones. Then he blamed Bruno for Antony squaring up to Doku :lol:

Redstain

I said what Jamie mentioned about Casemiro in the summer, he's not a good signing on the principle of already having to rebuild the midfield. In addition to purchasing Eriksen it's worth 70M and then some with wages. Got blasted for it but it's true. Its like having a decomposing high mileage sports car and despite having the budget for a newer model, the owner purchases another high mileage car that's depreciating like a waterfall and then eventually shoots himself in the pockets to replace the one just purchased. The same can be said for the club's pursuit of Pavard and the potential signing of Rabiot.

The team under ETH is being put together not built there's a distinction.

Last edited:

eire-red

Not to mention Fergie, the worst loser of them all. Which is why I don't get his issue with Bruno. At 0-3 down at home in a derby, Keane would have been charging round sending City players to the morgue
There's something different about seeing serial winners taking a loss badly, as opposed to perennial losers looking whingy and petulant.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He moaned at Bruno for being fouled by Stones. Then he blamed Bruno for Antony squaring up to Doku :lol:
He was right on the stones incident. Bruno was to blame for many things today and spent the rest of the game moaning at others. You may disagree on a couple of individual incidents but Bruno is beyond appalling.

Godfather

Carragher is spot on. Gary is going nowhere with his argument. First he says it's all been the same under every manager then he blames the minority investment and people being scared to lose their jobs. So which is it?
ETH's abysmal performances can't be excused with the rats above him