g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gary Neville

Marwood

Still wasn’t a petulant child, there was a vendetta against haaland for shouting in his ear when he suffered his knee injury
Antony came on with his pet lip out
What about kicking off in pre season because his villa wasn't big enough?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I like Neville but be really let’s himself down with some of these debates. He tries too hard to prove his point that he ends up saying something stupid. For Instance

Ange Postecoglou came into a 'stable environment' at Tottenham. Erik ten Hag didn't."

When you come out with absolute nonsense like this people will gradually stop taking your opinion seriously and just see you as an agenda driven muppet.
I picked up on that also. It only appears stable because they're doing so well. If we were playing really well then a lot of our issues would disappear or not be talked about. Nobody talked about a toxic environment last season, or in Ole's first season.

Spurs were anything but a stable environment when he took over though. I'd say worse than us, plus they had less money to spend and have a much worse squad of players than us.

It just goes to show how a happy team really sets the tone for a club. We worry about behind the scenes stuff first, when in reality if we could sort the football out then the whole outlook would change.

Marwood

Name a few that haven’t been sacked at least once
The poster didn't say anything about him being sacked. Yeah that happens to almost all managers.

They talked about his complete failure at the only managerial job he ever had.

I don't see why that means we can't have any manager who yes may have been sacked but also had successes.

You see the difference? Allardyce has been sacked but he's also had achievements?

Gary hasn't.

It's a real shame we don't have more managers doing punditry.

Ludens the Red

I picked up on that also. It only appears stable because they're doing so well. If we were playing really well then a lot of our issues would disappear or not be talked about. Nobody talked about a toxic environment last season, or in Ole's first season.

Spurs were anything but a stable environment when he took over though. I'd say worse than us, plus they had less money to spend and have a much worse squad of players than us.

It just goes to show how a happy team really sets the tone for a club. We worry about behind the scenes stuff first, when in reality if we could sort the football out then the whole outlook would change.
Exactly. And the thing is I don’t think United fans are demanding league titles etc. but we expect to be in the top four and to be able to play some decent football. None of those things are impossible because of the glazers. We’ve finished in the top four multiple times under them. This whole we can’t do better notion is a nonsense. We can do better than 8th place and losing every other league match we play.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The poster didn't say anything about him being sacked. Yeah that happens to almost all managers.

They talked about his complete failure at the only managerial job he ever had.

I don't see why that means we can't have any manager who yes may have been sacked but also had successes.

You see the difference? Allardyce has been sacked but he's also had achievements?

Gary hasn't.

It's a real shame we don't have more managers doing punditry.
If you’re sacked it’s because you’ve failed, some utterly failed others may have enjoyed some success first. No difference, doesn’t make them any better at punditry. Was graham Souness a better pundit? Alan shearer is an analyst but was an utter failure as a manager

Sanchez7

Just watched his podcast from yesterday. He is 100% bang on about creating a culture of excellence and how the club has failed to set high standards since SAF left. Fergie once said complacency is a disease and I am afraid the patient is almost terminally ill.

Only hope that a new board backed by whoever owns the club can set high standards required to get the club back where it belongs.

VivaRonaldo85

Gary is intelligent and speaks about the bigger picture. He makes a lot of sense wondering why these managers and players keep failing. Culture swamps strategy.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I know Keane was better but Bruno is better than most, if not all, of our current players.
I mean we were winning all around us when Keane was berating every man and his dog. That stuff works when you're winning. It's tragic and counter productive and the opposite of leadership when you're not.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Gary is intelligent and speaks about the bigger picture. He makes a lot of sense wondering why these managers and players keep failing. Culture swamps strategy.
He is right, but he does have a blind spot when it comes to managers. He wanted to give Ole more and more time when it was clear he wasn't up to the job. The truth is that both the behind the scenes stuff and the manager can both be failing at the same time - it doesn't need to be one or the other as he tries to paint it. Eventually he will admit the obvious with ETH, but will throw loads of caveats about how he is still correct about the ownership etc. Which he is.

Zoo

It would have been a yellow card if he wasn't already booked
Not every foul is a yellow card. The referee didn’t say anything to Hannibal yet according to Neville he should definitely be off

Dan_F

Asking for a red for two nothing fouls :lol: Imagine how many times Nev would have been sent off.

Jack-C20

You can hear when he sees a replay and knows his initial reaction was wrong but he simply refuses to correct himself. There’s a little stutter every time.

Manny

Grammar Police
Yeah at it again. Loves running down our players and driving a narrative.

Trying to please his Sky overlords.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's never a yellow. If it was counter attack then fine, but it was standard foul on half way line. Nothing more.
In the context of this game though - Considering what he just booked Casemiro for (pretty inocuous foul), and what Hannibal's first booking was for (not much) then yeah, that could have been a booking.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
In the context of this game though - Considering what he just booked Casemiro for (pretty inocuous foul), and what Hannibal's first booking was for (not much) then yeah, that could have been a booking.
When you think about it like that, yeah. But it would still be wrong because it's pretty soft criteria that we don't see on other pitches then.

It would be like giving 5 yellow cards for diving - you can do it in pretty much every game, but no referee really does it.

arnie_ni

Disagree. It was a nothing challenge, it’s only a discussion because he’s on a yellow imo
Not every foul is a yellow card. The referee didn’t say anything to Hannibal yet according to Neville he should definitely be off
That’s not a yellow card
It's never a yellow. If it was counter attack then fine, but it was standard foul on half way line. Nothing more.
I didn't even think it was a that much of a foul personally, he didn't catch him, but for the ref to give the foul, I'm assuming he thought hannibal caught the Newcastle players ankle, which is usually a yellow.

Withnail

I didn't even think it was a that much of a foul personally, he didn't catch him, but for the ref to give the foul, I'm assuming he thought hannibal caught the Newcastle players ankle, which is usually a yellow.
He did but he didn't change his mind when he saw the replay as usual.

sirAlexsglasses

You wouldn’t think this prick ever played for us the way he speaks about the club, yes he has to be impartial but FFS he sticks the knife in at every opportunity.

Jericho

Why can't this knob take a night off, why is he doing midweek carabao cup games ffs. Don't care about his commentary, just despise him more generally.

pacifictheme

You wouldn’t think this prick ever played for us the way he speaks about the club, yes he has to be impartial but FFS he sticks the knife in at every opportunity.
Unlike everyone on here. We're a total mess and he's been a lifelong fan and played during an era of total domination. For him it must be even worse than for most fans.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Unlike everyone on here. We're a total mess and he's been a lifelong fan and played during an era of total domination. For him it must be even worse than for most fans.
When will some of you realise this is football forum and some people just come to vent here and have some discussion, and hardly anyone would use live television for that like Gary Neville is doing?

IRELANDUNITED

He’s absolutely pathetic. If you didn’t know better you’d think he’d played for Liverpool. He absolutely loves running down our players and at the same time can’t take his nose out of Klopp or Peps arse. For a player who I once adored playing for United I cannot stand what he has become.

pacifictheme

When will some of you realise this is football forum and some people just come to vent here and have some discussion, and hardly anyone would use live television for that like Gary Neville is doing?
Yeah you are right, no one should call the club out publicly. Good point.

Ekeke

Very annoying having to hear him scapegoating one of our young players who, in a very poor half for the team actually managed to do a few decent things unlike his much more senior teammates

Zen

He's just more interested in being ultra negative towards United than anything else, it's just really goddamn weird.

JPB

What the feck are you all talking about were fecking shit and he's saying it how it is.