Gary Neville

redcucumber

There's a weird revisionism on his career, probably because he jokes about being terrible a lot. But he was very good, you don't play for that united side that many times if you're not a top player.
Kind of annoys me how that's become a thing. I know it's light hearted banter, but I do find it strange.

RedDevil@84

He is Fergie era McTominay. Survive at all cost
Fergie is probably still mad that because of him we didn't get "Tractor".

Beckham and Zanetti would terrorize that right side for years.
And Fergie was a Guardiola era Ten Hag who would continue to play that McTominay, even though he was not good at what he does.
Am i doing this right?

pacifictheme

Loads of people these days say he wasn't very good and they mean it. I expect it is mostly people who never saw him or only saw the very end of his career when he seemed to be inexplicably running through invisible treacle.

He was a fantastic player for most of his career and rarely let us down, was brilliant in attack as well with Beckham.

OL29

Completely reasonable and measured response to be fair, though no doubt plenty will be getting their pitchforks at the ready.
It is a reasonable response but that’s the point. If this was a Pogba or a Martial he’d be hysterical in his response. We’ve seen it before. He’d be calling it treason and demanding they be banished from the club. It’s hard to take someone seriously when they’re so transparent in their biases.

Strangest Tribe

He is Fergie era McTominay. Survive at all cost
Fergie is probably still mad that because of him we didn't get "Tractor".

Beckham and Zanetti would terrorize that right side for years.
It takes some doing to post something so utterly bizarre you have to read it over and over again to make sure you weren’t seeing things, one of the strangest posts ever and giving us newbs a bad name!

Juicy Juiced

You all got worked for mediocre player.
Peter
Neville Stam Johnsen Irvin
Beckham Scholes Keane Giggs
Cole Yorke

Two players are not like another ones.
Zanetti was so close to OT, but Morrati had weak spot for Giggs and it get complicated. Fergie wasn't stupid, he always wanted some "international flair" aka Batistuta, Salas, Zamorano, Zanetti, Ronaldhino ect.
I respect G Nev for his professionalisam but he was meh.
Lauren was better RB.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You all got worked for mediocre player.
Peter
Neville Stam Johnsen Irvin
Beckham Scholes Keane Giggs
Cole Yorke

Two players are not like another ones.
Zanetti was so close to OT, but Morrati had weak spot for Giggs and it get complicated. Fergie wasn't stupid, he always wanted some "international flair" aka Batistuta, Salas, Zamorano, Zanetti, Ronaldhino ect.
I respect G Nev for his professionalisam but he was meh.
Lauren was better RB.
Keep digging, you'll be joining @Wibble down under soon

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Neville's best period came after Beckham left and he actively worked more on his crossing and defensively he was engaged constantly because he knew he had to cover Ronaldo. He was genuinely up there with the best RB's in Europe from 2003-2007 until the big injury which effectively ended him.

But before that, he was a bit of a liability, he would get caught out a lot when he was the back post defender. I don't think it was any secret that SAF was sniffing around Zanetti and Sagnol at the turn of the millennium. It was an obvious area to upgrade.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It is a reasonable response but that’s the point. If this was a Pogba or a Martial he’d be hysterical in his response. We’ve seen it before. He’d be calling it treason and demanding they be banished from the club. It’s hard to take someone seriously when they’re so transparent in their biases.
If this was Martial then I doubt he'd care much considering he's not a key player. If this was Pogba then he would be hysterical, however Pogba made a rod for his own back by having Raiola publicly saying he wants to leave United (on multiple occasions) on the eve of our most important games.

Juicy Juiced

Neville's best period came after Beckham left and he actively worked more on his crossing and defensively he was engaged constantly because he knew he had to cover Ronaldo. He was genuinely up there with the best RB's in Europe from 2003-2007 until the big injury which effectively ended him.

But before that, he was a bit of a liability, he would get caught out a lot when he was the back post defender. I don't think it was any secret that SAF was sniffing around Zanetti and Sagnol at the turn of the millennium. It was an obvious area to upgrade.
Thank you, add there Serghino, Lizarazu, Cafu (dream pipe)

Fergie wasn't idiot but he rarely got his wishes from "abroad" . And finally when he got Veron, it was meh. I liked Veron so much. He was joy to watch.

He should have go 433 with him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Desperately trying to form a narrative that the goal shouldn't have stood because Casemiro was potentially offside ages before the corner. He's not a United supporter.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just said he can't blame cash for going down. He clearly dived and got casemiro booked.

His must go against us at all costs is getting tiresome, I'd rather carragher commentate on our games.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If it was Bruno who had dived like Cash, ol' Gary would've been frothing at the mouth. Talksport would dedicate an entire phone in to discuss it

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Desperately trying to form a narrative that the goal shouldn't have stood because Casemiro was potentially offside ages before the corner. He's not a United supporter.
He doesn’t have to be a supporter, he just has to stop being stupid.

Shinjch

Another half where he managed to talk through his hole for most of it. Some of the things he said were incredible, especially when Casemiro got booked for what was a clear Cash dive.

Zoo

He almost started crying when Leon Bailey didn’t shoot first time

Telsim

Can't blame Cash for diving.

Top tier commentary, Gary. Carry on, lad! Sounds deflated that we are winning. Getting real tiresome now.

James_42

How can he sound so disappointed whenever we score, or our opponent misses chances?

Bringing up the soft free kick before the goal was so weird, he shouldn't ever commentate on United games.

Shinjch

There is no way that is even mentioned, let alone given any sort of analysis, if Villa scored from the exact same situation.

cyberman

He gets so excited when the opposition get close to the goal and shoot over and it’s silence when we do.
Villa have had so many positions that nothing happened yet it’s conveyed the the viewer that they’re peppering our goal

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Talks like he's constipated. Should consider eating more fiber.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You enjoy listening to him?
He’s not as bad as you lot make out. He’s more of a United supporter than 99% of this forum. Are you all ignoring him praising Onana and dalot in first half? Just picking little bits you don’t like?

Conor

This utter bellend tries to claim Luiz was doing a dance for the home end.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can’t stand him on our games. Just constantly wills the opposition on.

Repeatedly crying about how shocked he is that Rashford was subbed, how it was a strange/bad decision (even though Rashford spent the half completely selling out his teammates out of possession) while claiming he was 'by far' our most dangerous player second half (a half where he broke down nearly every attack, slowed the play down and passed backwards when 1v1 with a full-back on a booking).

He's way too invested in the relationships he needs to maintain in order to get access to certain players. Completely incapable of calling things accurately.

Last edited: