Gary Neville

croadyman

Absolutely spot on post match, stuck that Scottish twat Sourness in his place as well

croadyman

What did he say
Sourness was trying to defend those yankee leeches again, so Gary read him the riot act. He then went in on the club for these OTT player announcements like Alexis and Pogba.

Last edited:

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I always think it’s best never to expect too much from pundits, to avoid being disappointed by them.

Many of them merely state the obvious, operate with hindsight, use a limited set of buzzwords and cliches, are completely clueless about most teams beyond the ‘big guns’ etc. Very little effort required to make good money.

UncleBob

People need to get over this.
I think you're missing the point, which is that Gary Neville is essentially full of shit. Now when pretty much the entire fanbase wants Pogba to feck off for good we have Gary Neville complaining about how we introduced him, 6 years ago.

Probably the biggest twat out of all our former players.

Dan_F

I think you're missing the point, which is that Gary Neville is essentially full of shit. Now when pretty much the entire fanbase wants Pogba to feck off for good we have Gary Neville complaining about how we introduced him, 6 years ago.

Probably the biggest twat out of all our former players.
Neville has been complaining about Pogba for ages, not sure what you’re on about. So much so that sections of our fan base were criticising him for it.

UncleBob

Neville has been complaining about Pogba for ages, not sure what you’re on about. So much so that sections of our fan base were criticising him for it.
He's been complaining for ages about how we presented Pogba and Sanchez?

Dan_F

He's been complaining for ages about how we presented Pogba and Sanchez?
Ah I see what you mean now I’ve read the quotes. He also included Ronaldo in that sentence so I don’t think he said it because now fans are unhappy with Pogba. He’s been consistent with criticising the clubs transfers and Pogba himself, so I don’t think it’s a correlation with Pogba not being liked now.

Dan_F

Ah I see what you mean now I’ve read the quotes. He also included Ronaldo in that sentence so I don’t think he said it because now fans are unhappy with Pogba. He’s been consistent with criticising the clubs transfers and Pogba himself, so I don’t think it’s a correlation.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sourness was trying to defend those yankee leeches again, so Gary read him the riot act. He then went in on the club for these OTT player announcements like Alexis and Pogba.
Let me guess he didn't criticise British players

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Gary is a whingey bitch. Look we get it, the performances are shit, what's the point going over the fact that the players aren't good enough over and over? Tell us about the tactics, tell us about the board, tell us about the next steps. Your job isn't just to bitch like you're on Redcafe, it's to actually analyse the game and the club and tell us something we didn't already know.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Gary is a whingey bitch. Look we get it, the performances are shit, what's the point going over the fact that the players aren't good enough over and over? Tell us about the tactics, tell us about the board, tell us about the next steps. Your job isn't just to bitch like you're on Redcafe, it's to actually analyse the game and the club and tell us something we didn't already know.
You don't actually hear him much do you.
Hes outlined a few times what Glazers need to do.

UncleBob

Ah I see what you mean now I’ve read the quotes. He also included Ronaldo in that sentence so I don’t think he said it because now fans are unhappy with Pogba. He’s been consistent with criticising the clubs transfers and Pogba himself, so I don’t think it’s a correlation with Pogba not being liked now.
Gary Neville usually just feeds off the general atmosphere, there's a reason he's suddenly having a go at how players are being presented. There's a reason he's blaming everyone but Rashford for his performances and so on.
How players are being presented matters feck all, doesn't influence the way they perform, we're doing what we can to maximize revenue because we have to. It took Russia waging war on Ukraine and Abramovich being targeted for Gary to realize that certain ownerships are bad, the fecking tit of a man he is. It's the way he presents his opinion that annoys me the most, hindsight and coming off as if he couldn't be more correct.

Chripper

Absolutely spot on post match, stuck that Scottish twat Sourness in his place as well
So, when Souness called United "A magnificent, one of the greatest clubs In the world" he was wrong?

Also, as a Scot, what's his nationality got to do with anything? He has the sane nationality as Alex Ferguson, Matt Busby, Denis Law, etc. I'm sure they would have something to say about your xenophobic comment.

As a nation, of twats (apparently), Manchester United have got a tartan thread running through their core.

Also, it's Souness. I wish this current United squad had 1/10 of his passion.

flameinthesun

Gary Neville usually just feeds off the general atmosphere, there's a reason he's suddenly having a go at how players are being presented. There's a reason he's blaming everyone but Rashford for his performances and so on.
How players are being presented matters feck all, doesn't influence the way they perform, we're doing what we can to maximize revenue because we have to. It took Russia waging war on Ukraine and Abramovich being targeted for Gary to realize that certain ownerships are bad, the fecking tit of a man he is. It's the way he presents his opinion that annoys me the most, hindsight and coming off as if he couldn't be more correct.
Now im by no means a Gary supporter, but he didn't feed off the atmosphere when we wanted Ole gone, he's been letting Rashford off the hook for years, hes been critical of the commercial angle of the club. Neville is neville, he has his views and generally is passionate about them. The issue tends to be that there is not usually anyone around him that can challenge his points, although I think Carragher and to an extent Keane does.

End of the day the guy is a fan in the media as most pundits are, sometimes he'll say stuff you agree with, sometimes he wont. He can't encapsulate every point and feeling of every fan of united. Whether you agree with his points he still is by far the best at articulating his points and at least goes a little bit deeper than 99% of the pundits out there who rinse and repeat "they don't want it enough", "hes gotta run back" etc

Zen86

Absolutely. He sounds like he’s repeating soundbites off Twitter most of the time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Good on him for relaying the reality to Souness. I feel Souness is desperate to just believe that it has nothing to do with the owners because Liverpool have American owners too and somehow in his mind it elevates further what they have done.

As for the player announcements. They seem to have settled down now but wasn’t that a thing that EVERY club was doing at the time? Like even Crewe Alexandra ? City have pathetic little stadium events when they sign players. They’re hilarious. Doesn’t stop them being brilliant. It’s shite like this with Neville that needs to stop.

Lentwood

Gary Neville has only a rudimentary understanding of the issues at United. Falls into the Roy Keane school of just criticising the players mentality, which is just the default "I don't understand the complexity of the issues, so I'm going to lash out" position nowadays.

Jibbs

Neville is upset, for the first time United board is trying to move away from the clutches of all these ex players influencing decisions from outside.
I hope United board somehow ban all these ex players from even attending the games, throw that Fletcher guy out as well.

GMoore23

Neville has been slobbering all over Pogba for years until recently. The clown has said many times in the past, that we should keep changing tactics until we find one that allows Pogba to shine. There's a reason he was such a failure at Valencia. The mans a complete twat.

PoTMS

He thinks we were going somewhere with Ole at the end of last year. Most reasonable people could see the chickens were coming home to roost.

cyberman

Gary is angry on the mess which his mate left and who he defended till the end.
Gary doesn’t call for managers to be sacked so this is just the consequences of keeping someone on for far too long. Gary should be giving leeway to the players for such nonsense.

Sylar

He's a fan like most of us
He's got friends and allegiances which you would expect

He tries to stay partial and professional but Sometimes it leads to going the other way completely. However he must have felt like most of us yesterday having to commentate on that against our biggest rivals whilst having Carragher there for him

Most of what he said was spot on.

jackal&hyde

Just watched his reaction to ETH appointment. Apparently he can't get exited, because how poor we have been!?

He gets exited by russian mobsters and dictators putting money in to football but not an exciting manager to the club he supports?! The man is a fool.

MattofManchester

The post match Liverpool debate, I thought he was right. However, its a pretty obvious analysis to any Manchester United fan.

The Woodward Era was almost like one giant PR scheme. Signing Pogba, Sanchez and the like, focusing on big names, ignoring how they'd fit into the team. But giving them a cult status that gave them power over their managers. Look at how divided the fanbase is over Pogba. Frankly, he's been a disaster for United. Every international break has his name involved in smearing the club in some way(Raiola comments come back to him, make no mistake). Normally, that would put a player at odds with the fans, as it's seeming to now, but instead for the vast majority there's been war over the club letting the player down or the player letting the club down.
No club of our size ever lets a player down. You should be proud of the fact that you play here. People will be proud to have you here if you show your true quality time and time again. Instead, our PR seems to have superceded the actual club and suddenly all these players think they're far bigger than us, not listening to managers, talking about how miserable it is to play here, etc. In what world do you come into the media and describe how you hate working for the company you're at.

Back to the point. The last decade, every thing we've done has been like one large PR scheme, with all the antics, and nothing being shown on the pitch, and the players have reflected that. The robotic and predictable media comments after lacklustre and heartless performances.
If you had to describe us under Woodward, you're say big talkers but couldn't back it up. That mentality went through the club from top to bottom.
Under Fergie and Gill, you'd have called us obsessive winners. That mentality again would infect the club from top to bottom. If you weren't with it, get out.

It all starts at the top and the decisions being made. But hopefully, with Rangnick and Murtough we can look at changing the dynamic around the club.

90 + 5min

Just like he defended LvG. And Mourinho. And now he's defending Rangnick as well.
And he is right for defending them and something we should do to. We know where problem have been and still is. And that is not managers.

Irwin99

A bit like in the Keane thread, I'm not sure why people get so annoyed with him. I think he's right in a sense to be a bit cautious because he knows who is running this club and that 4 of the last 5 managers (Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ralf) have moaned about the structure in place here, with seemingly a lot of justification.

He's a fan with an opinion just like the rest of us. I mean ok, when he was on about the Moyes appointment being "a victory for sanity in football" or kept going on about United DNA and stuff it can get a bit irritating but it's his opinion.

UncleBob

A bit like in the Keane thread, I'm not sure why people get so annoyed with him. I think he's right in a sense to be a bit cautious because he knows who is running this club and that 4 of the last 5 managers (Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ralf) have moaned about the structure in place here, with seemingly a lot of justification.

He's a fan with an opinion just like the rest of us. I mean ok, when he was on about the Moyes appointment being "a victory for sanity in football" or kept going on about United DNA and stuff it can get a bit irritating but it's his opinion.
He’s a moron, and a massive tit, i think that explains why people get annoyed with him.

UncleBob

The post match Liverpool debate, I thought he was right. However, its a pretty obvious analysis to any Manchester United fan.

The Woodward Era was almost like one giant PR scheme. Signing Pogba, Sanchez and the like, focusing on big names, ignoring how they'd fit into the team. But giving them a cult status that gave them power over their managers. Look at how divided the fanbase is over Pogba. Frankly, he's been a disaster for United. Every international break has his name involved in smearing the club in some way(Raiola comments come back to him, make no mistake). Normally, that would put a player at odds with the fans, as it's seeming to now, but instead for the vast majority there's been war over the club letting the player down or the player letting the club down.
No club of our size ever lets a player down. You should be proud of the fact that you play here. People will be proud to have you here if you show your true quality time and time again. Instead, our PR seems to have superceded the actual club and suddenly all these players think they're far bigger than us, not listening to managers, talking about how miserable it is to play here, etc. In what world do you come into the media and describe how you hate working for the company you're at.

Back to the point. The last decade, every thing we've done has been like one large PR scheme, with all the antics, and nothing being shown on the pitch, and the players have reflected that. The robotic and predictable media comments after lacklustre and heartless performances.
If you had to describe us under Woodward, you're say big talkers but couldn't back it up. That mentality went through the club from top to bottom.
Under Fergie and Gill, you'd have called us obsessive winners. That mentality again would infect the club from top to bottom. If you weren't with it, get out.

It all starts at the top and the decisions being made. But hopefully, with Rangnick and Murtough we can look at changing the dynamic around the club.
Weird rant. How was Pogba and Sanchez PR signings? They were both very much wanted by the manager.

clarkydaz

Just watched his reaction to ETH appointment. Apparently he can't get exited, because how poor we have been!?

He gets exited by russian mobsters and dictators putting money in to football but not an exciting manager to the club he supports?! The man is a fool.
Clearly didnt do a day's training with him 6 years ago

AndySmith1990

For a man who is seemingly so disliked and whose opinions are bullshit, he sure does get an awful lot of attention.

Josh 76

Have to admit the Gary Neville podcast after the Liverpool game was brilliant.

Gave me goose bumps. Especially after he named a few of my childhood hero’s as warriors!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I have no idea why people here dislike Gary. He is United through and through and he is, for me, the best pundit out there by miles