Gary O'Neil | Saved Bournemouth | Now Wolves manager | De Zerbi slayer

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think it's worth keeping an eye on him. I really enjoyed watching his Bournemouth side, he had next to no resources and performed miracles keeping them out of relegation.
He's come into Wolves who looked in freefall with no manager, losing key players and just played us off the park. Will be an interesting watch to see how he performs there, but I think he's showing good potential at just 40 years of age.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was very, very impressed with Wolves last night. Should have won the game comfortably.

JB7

I think it's worth keeping an eye on him. I really enjoyed watching his Bournemouth side, he had next to no resources and performed miracles keeping them out of relegation.
He's come into Wolves who looked in freefall with no manager, losing key players and just played us off the park. Will be an interesting watch to see how he performs there, but I think he's showing good potential at just 40 years of age.
Key player. Singular. Other than Neves they were happy to let the others go, they had been key players in the past but weren't last year.

Wolves have a number of excellent players, I've found it pretty baffling that people have been suggesting they'll be worse than teams like Sheffield United, Luton, Burnley, Bournemouth & Forest to be honest. They've also got rid of a manager that never wanted to be there and was a near constant distraction over the past 3 months or so.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Key player. Singular. Other than Neves they were happy to let the others go, they had been key players in the past but weren't last year.

Wolves have a number of excellent players, I've found it pretty baffling that people have been suggesting they'll be worse than teams like Sheffield United, Luton, Burnley, Bournemouth & Forest to be honest. They've also got rid of a manager that never wanted to be there and was a near constant distraction over the past 3 months or so.
Don't piss in my cornflakes

JB7

Don't piss in my cornflakes
:lol: I do agree with your general point, he's made a very interesting start to life as a manager and has a number of players at Wolves who will fit what he was doing successfully at Bournemouth.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought Wolves would struggle this year as did most. Will be interesting to see if they and he can keep last nights showing up or if they’ll phase out.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I thought Wolves would struggle this year as did most. Will be interesting to see if they and he can keep last nights showing up or if they’ll phase out.
United were wide open through the middle. I'd imagine most teams, including United, won't leave themselves open like that very often, so yeah will be interesting to see if they can build on that performance this season. United made it very easy for them though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
United were wide open through the middle. I'd imagine most teams, including United, won't leave themselves open like that very often, so yeah will be interesting to see if they can build on that performance this season. United made it very easy for them though.
Indeed, but they have pace up top which is sometimes all you need now in the PL, especially with so many teams playing on the front foot.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Neto was good, exactly what Antony should be doing.

Cunha was also decent.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
A few injuries and things will be very difficult for them. A big positive is the amount of players they have who can beat the press, yesterday that facet of their game was impeccable. If they can consistently repeat that they will be a very hard team to press high.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Need to get the big lad upfront fit to start games.

Obviously have to ease him in coming off an ACL but him leading the line with Cunha as a support striker and then Neto and a couple of their midfielders as ball carriers should see them score a couple more than last year.

Important defensively that Lemina and Dawson stay fit.

Probably same as last season given they finished 13th and the bottom half is generally weaker this season.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I thought there was a few good performances, but Matheus Nunes would be my MOTM. Stunning performance.

Ludens the Red

Was on MNF a few weeks ago and was really impressed with his tactical breakdown. Wolves have looked pretty good. A few shockers (last week) but for a fairly average side individual wise, they look pretty good and play with a really good tempo and intensity.
Maybe an English manager to look out for…

Castia

Very good football and create loads of chances if Wolves manage to get a top finisher they'll be a solid top 8-9 team

M Bison

Supports
York City
Wolves played really well, particularly in the second half. Lacking a finisher but they work so hard, Lemina (who I’m sure we were linked with at one point and it caused uproar on here?) and Gomes never stopped running and won the midfield battle. Great team to watch, hard work beats talent.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought wolves would go down this season. He's done very well to make them competitive.

Ludens the Red

Legitimately screwed over yet again :lol: injury time pen was fine but the one before, the non reds for Ream and Vinicius.

Him and Wolves should probably start looking into mass protests against the Premier League. Unlike Everton they would genuinely have reason to cry corruption.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"Sent that to my dad, a United fan, after we equalised. We all know what happened 90 seconds later."

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he did well to sort Wolves out in the second half (though you wonder why it had to take until half time for them to do so?).

Think he's done a good job with Wolves - they're a decent outfit.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Decent manager. Bet he wish he didn't use his only bit of VAR luck this season on this game :lol: .

arthurka

He can stop complaining he got all the VAR and Ref shit bundled up in one game last night.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bumping this because he continues to over perform in my eyes. Pushing European spots with 1point off West Ham and Brighton in the league.

Tonight he just dumped out the hipster favourite De Zerbi out the FA Cup.

izec

Bumping this because he continues to over perform in my eyes. Pushing European spots with 1point off West Ham and Brighton in the league.

De Zerbi is massively overrated anyway

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I thought wolves would be in danger of relegation. He's done an absolutely excellent job for them.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Highest ranked English manager in the country. He is really good. Not sure he necessarily has the pedigree (yet) for a top job but an intelligent manager who is probably overperforming this year. Good on him.

DavelinaJolie

Considering what he's had to work with, and how shallow that squad is he's done a really great job.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Highest ranked English manager in the country. He is really good. Not sure he necessarily has the pedigree (yet) for a top job but an intelligent manager who is probably overperforming this year. Good on him.
Hard to say over performing when he was performing well at Bournemouth and was very unlucky not to keep that job. He's definitely a lot better than I gave him credit for, very tactically astute and seems like a very good motivator from the bits I've seen.

Edit: I mean this in a good way, I think he's just a very good manager, rather than in a purple patch

Red00012

Sacked unfairly I thought at Bournemouth . Happy to see him do well at Brighton.
Agree with the De Zerbi comments above , he’s very much over rated

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hard to say over performing when he was performing well at Bournemouth and was very unlucky not to keep that job. He's definitely a lot better than I gave him credit for, very tactically astute and seems like a very good motivator from the bits I've seen.

Edit: I mean this in a good way, I think he's just a very good manager, rather than in a purple patch
Sorry, I think I worded it wrong - I mean Wolves are overperforming because he is manager. Not that he is overperforming himself, I think he is at his genuine level.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Over performing with the squad at his disposal, but too small a sample size to be in consideration for larger clubs.

Who knows, could make the step up but let's see