Other Geoguessr

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yup. Probably not much difference, I would assume PC is a little easier, I am playing with the phone.
Yep definitely easier. I can double click to launch myself down a road.

nimic

something nice
Scout
On the side of one of the cabs it said something like DC rideshare or something
Yep.

I was actually looking in DC before I saw that, it just looked DC'y. I looked for Independence Avenue for a long time, but annoyingly couldn't find it. Then I randomly placed it like two streets over anyway.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm in the lead for once! I expect someone will come and shit all over it soon. Probably Olly will randomly get that guess, and claim he knew it from the shape of the plants or something.

Sorry :)
Russian language helped me with that one (even though it was actually quite misleading).

The 2nd one really was unsolvable!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yep.

I was actually looking in DC before I saw that, it just looked DC'y. I looked for Independence Avenue for a long time, but annoyingly couldn't find it. Then I randomly placed it like two streets over anyway.
The 7th SW street was much easier to find — and then just look out for the required crossroad.

RedTiger

Half mast
Battle Royale sign-up - 1pm GMT

I will send a link out at 1pm in the thread. It's basically in real time and you only need to guess the country you are in (three guesses and you can move around). In the first round nobody gets eliminated, then one person each round or whoever doesn't get it correct.

1. Solius
2. @harms
3. @BD
4. @massi83
5. @K Stand Knut
I'm in

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yep.

I was going off the space museum signs on the railings? Maybe aero? Can't remember now. I thought "I remember from films summit about space and Washington" ... So I went the opposite side of the country and went Washington state like a dumbass.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The 7th SW street was much easier to find — and then just look out for the required crossroad.
Yep the US and Canada are great for this because of the grid system. I found the SW streets and worked my way to 7th.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I did 7 locations but the challenge is always 5 so you might get different ones to each other.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll be honest, I spent an embarrassingly long time searching Buenos Aires before I realized that wasn't the right city. I also spent quite a long time searching for Machu Picchu, but I found it in the end (and then didn't place it close enough to get the full 25k :lol:)
No perfect scores yet :lol:

Minkaro

OMG slow down you bastards.

5th:
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/W9sa9BS3Mmf7kizD
I tried a couple before-hand and decided to do new one, if too many rounds were from US, or if it was too hard, or if I did too poorly :lol: So obv this was above-average round for me :) (but easily beatable)

Proud of my second round answer that missed by 25m. I doubt anyone gets close to round 5.
10,589 on this one. Was round 5 meant to be a black screen? :lol::lol: Did quite well on round 4 though.

6th:
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/aEcDryufUD7kvLeu
Last one from me tonight. Can continue tomorrow. Or any of ye lazy feckers can create more!
6,050. Most of that because of a bit of a lucky guess on one.

7th:
https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/muq2YyKjYgX1B9P5
I can do about one per hour if the interest continues.
11,056. A whopping 61 points on the last round, but it did say the leader had 60, so I think I won round 5. Yay?

Another challenge to finish out the year! - https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/14vQcuX2WdENone0

Cheeky little 5000 in there from me.

Ok I've created an incredibly difficult one. Let's see who does the best. No cheating!

https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/fYxMknJUB6iou4Dl
7,157. I'm not a fan of this downward trend.

19,532. I messed up massively on round 1.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone up for another battle royale? Might need @Solius to set it up though
Getting ready for a NYE Zoom sesh so done for the day. Another soon though! I think anyone with premium can set one up, BD and harms both got conned into buying it so they can do it if needed.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's interesting how everyone else who has completed it so far put the Toronto one in the North-East US. When I first saw that one I was quite confused, thinking it could be basically anywhere. I did consider the US, but the bike-lanes threw me off (Americans don't do bikes, do they?), and then I saw a stop sign further down the line which was the European type. The Americans have their own stop sign. So a pretty-looking, pedestrian friendly city... maybe Toronto? Of course I put it out in the suburbs and missed out on a few points.