Other Geoguessr

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
My results:

There's a pretty big giveaway in Round 1 :lol: Can work out where you are from there.

Round 2 I thought they had purple bins in Liverpool so went for there.

Round 3 I looked at the classic cars and went for Cuba

Round 4 I saw Policija and for some reason went Italy because it definitely sounds more Croatian.

Round 5 was a mess :lol: I saw the sun directly above and thought it meant I was around the equator.
Pff, only 10,950 points this time without Googling...

#1 - Dead easy, probably walked there as well. The only issue was finding the road, but looking at the shadows helped find the general area to check,
#2 - I had no clue. I started looking for car brands later (and maybe should have noticed how cars are parked on the street?) but all I saw that it looked like it was in the northern hemisphere, not Nordic, and not in southern Europe. I went with the Florida panhandle - pretty wrong.
#3 - I figured it was Latin America, and no Brasil, but didn't have a clue beyond that. Went with Columbia/Ecuador.
#4 - I started looking at car brands this time, and that led me to Europe. I figured the word for school wasn't Spanish, but I had thought maybe Portuguese.
#5 - Car brands again gave me Europe, and from the poor-looking vegetation, I figured we were in the south of the Iberian peninsula.

I do like it when there are some clearer clues for the general area. #2 in this one wasn't much fun for me in that sense. The Shoppers was a dead giveaway for Canada previously. :lol:

decorativeed

I thought there was an element of speed to this, so did it all in about 3 mins! Didn't do any googling, it was all guesswork.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Yep, I also thought you get more points if you do it quick! Done in about 3min for 20000 points (for the first challenge)

and 17000 for the second challenge. Good enough. Messed up the third location. Almost messed up the fifth too, was torn between two continents, thankfully chose the correct one.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My results:

1. Cars driving on the left. Aussie flag. There was a police car that said SA on it. South Austrlia so it had to be Adelaide and looked busy. Just needed to find a West-East street called Angas.
2. Obviously London. I looked for the pantheon and it looked near a shopping area. Spent ages trying to read the sign that said Eastcastle Market though. I was checking every single market on the map :lol: Eventually went near Oxford street and spotted Winsley branching off it.
3. Absolute mare. I thought Italy for ages but then changed my mind. South American and Italy/Spain architecture looks very similar to me sometimes.
4. Think there was a sign that said West Africa so I plucked for Nigeria. Lagos is the capital so went for somewhere near there and nearly got full points.
5. feck me I was in Kenya for ages :lol: I saw a sign that said Kip something and for some reason it made me think Kenya, possibly because of an athlete. Very close in the end.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Same here. Thought it was South Coast UK or Channel Islands because it seemed very familiar but somewhere a bit warmer than Manchester.
The plants got me too. I ended up on the other side of the globe. #5 I got vaguely close because
the gothic(?) style construction of the old church in the background gave it away as Europe, thought it had to be Spain/Portugal

massi83

Wohoo! In the lead for a while at least. Should be pretty beatable score though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Of all the ones to need google! You can see the Colosseum at the end of the street, and there's a street sign as well. Then you can use the Indian restaurant to pinpoint exactly where on the street you are.
I was looking thoroughly through every centimetre of surrounding area looking for clues and suddenly a wild Colosseum appears in the back when I turn around :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I’ll post another challenge today.

I think no moving and no googling things is the best way, it keeps it all balanced and everyone has the same thing to work with. Obviously can’t police it but do say if you have done that. I don’t like moving as then you can go around for ages until you fins what you need. It’s too easy.
Yeah I like these rules, means someone who can only spend 5 mins has as good a chance as everyone else.

How do you make the challenges? Do you pick the places? Or does it do it randomly itself so you can still take part?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I like these rules, means someone who can only spend 5 mins has as good a chance as everyone else.

How do you make the challenges? Do you pick the places? Or does it do it randomly itself so you can still take part?
It does it randomly. I just go to the Urban World map and generate a challenge.

Dan

My results:

1. Cars driving on the left. Aussie flag. There was a police car that said SA on it. South Austrlia so it had to be Adelaide and looked busy. Just needed to find a West-East street called Angas.
2. Obviously London. I looked for the pantheon and it looked near a shopping area. Spent ages trying to read the sign that said Eastcastle Market though. I was checking every single market on the map :lol: Eventually went near Oxford street and spotted Winsley branching off it.
3. Absolute mare. I thought Italy for ages but then changed my mind. South American and Italy/Spain architecture looks very similar to me sometimes.
4. Think there was a sign that said West Africa so I plucked for Nigeria. Lagos is the capital so went for somewhere near there and nearly got full points.
5. feck me I was in Kenya for ages :lol: I saw a sign that said Kip something and for some reason it made me think Kenya, possibly because of an athlete. Very close in the end.

1. I went for South Africa for some reason. :(

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
My results:

1. Yeah cars were a give away. But also there was a building which had 250 Victoria S written on it with map of Australia where South Australia was of a different colour. Thought it could be Victoria Street ended being Victoria Square. I was looking for fountains on the map to when I found Victoria Square to identify the correct street :lol:
2. Almost messed it up as it showed me the restaurant and I immediately started looking at the map of Beirut :lol:
3. There was a building which had certain letters 'resolo ll' thought it would be Italy
4. Same as you.
5. I just randomly went to kenya and since it looked like a village guessed it would be someplace outside Nairobi.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
For the first one, it looked a lot like a particular street in Dublin when I was dropped there. Looked around a bit and it clearly wasn't anywhere in Dublin, but I couldn't get the idea of it being Ireland of of my head so I somehow missed all these clues you are all on about.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Near misses every time (almost).
african english speaking countries - chose wrong every time ffs. And for Italy the second time, I might as well have selected another country, off by the whole length of the damn boot!

18 669. nice

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think everywhere is Italy :lol:

Some of these are solid because they have no real clue, so you look which way the shadows are facing so you know it's it's northern or southern hemisphere then just guess randomly.

Others ones are probably quite obvious to travellers, as someone who barely leaves my hometown it all seems mental.

Amazingly good fun though!

How come I haven't had to pay yet? I've played twice today.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think everywhere is Italy :lol:

Some of these are solid because they have no real clue, so you look which way the shadows are facing so you know it's it's northern or southern hemisphere then just guess randomly.

Others ones are probably quite obvious to travellers, as someone who barely leaves my hometown it all seems mental.

Amazingly good fun though!

How come I haven't had to pay yet? I've played twice today.
Oh not sure, maybe the challenges are free?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Second place on challenge #2, and eighth on #3.

The Africa ones did me in a bit with it being so big.

Still, happy with second place on #2!