George Best At His Brilliant Best

Bestofthebest

This is a work of art by @harms and a great tribute to one of the greatest players of all time. I saw a lot of the goals in the film live when I followed Utd all over the country. I have seen some brilliant footballers in my time but no one as consistently good as Georgie Boy. Pity his life ended in such tragic circumstances.

Moriarty

@harms - brilliant video and glad it was bumped. Thank you.

He scored two in my first ever game at OT (1969) and I was at his comeback away at Burnley after going AWOL in America for a bit - though I cannot be absolutely certain that my facts on the latter are correct.

However, he did steal my pen at The Cliff. He took my pen to sign my autograph book, continued to sign others with it, then got into his Lotus and buggered off. It was only a Bic biro, so I will finally let it go after all these years.

Thanks again for posting the video - the greatest player I have ever seen.
That was a strange season. We finished mid-table but got to the semis of the European Cup. I think that marked the beginning of the end for Bestie. I remember us losing in the cup to Everton at home and Best walking off in disgust. We should have hammered them that day but Joe Royle got a jammy winner. Going home on the bus, we got pelted by City fans. They had just beaten Spurs to get to the semi-final. Everyone charged off the bus but the coppers waded into the bitters and it all ended.