George Floyd | Chauvin guilty on all counts | Sentenced to 22.5 years

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
All the defense needs to do is inject some reasonable doubt into the mind of even just one juror to keep their client from being found guilty. Even a mistrial or a hung jury is a win for the defense.
Would these outcomes mean a criminal conviction is off the table? Or is it then about a retrial or lower category of crime?

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
I can imagine he will get a slap on the wrist for misconduct or possibly misbehaviour but no way he will get the charge he deserves unfortunately. At best he loses his job, keeps his pension and gets no prison time.

Edit: I meant negligence, not misbehaviour.
It wouldn't surprise me if he only gets done for manslaughter. The prosecution could feasibly fail to prove that either drug use or his pre-existing heart condition wasn't the ultimate cause of death. That's the case the defence are presenting, and I could easily see it being enough to raise reasonable doubt.

But if that's how it going to go down, the US will absolutely explode.

Last edited:

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
It wouldn't surprise me if he only gets done for manslaughter. The prosecution could feasibly fail to prove that either drug use or his pre-existing heart condition wasn't the ultimate cause of death. That's the case they're presenting, and I could easily see it being enough to raise reasonable doubt.

But if that's how it going to go down, the US will absolutely explode.
I mean justice for the family but on the other hand watching the states take itself apart is amusing.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Seeing how everything is so political in america right now, I can easily see at least one of the jurors not finding him guilty because of preconceived ideas. The cop will walk, people will riot and rightly so, the right will lay down the "you see, they're all savages" mantra and the US will be one step closer to the inevitable breakup. You have 2 countries inside one right now, I can't see how this is sustainable.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What did this witness say?
He was just explaining the various choke hold methods and the signs when someone will/is passing out. The most telling evidence he gave was showing him 'shimmying' to get a tighter contact on his neck, demonstrating how it was intentional to cut off oxygen. He also explained during his training the police officer would have known all the signs when someone is in fatal danger.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He was just explaining the various choke hold methods and the signs when someone will/is passing out. The most telling evidence he gave was showing him 'shimmying' to get a tighter contact on his neck, demonstrating how it was intentional to cut off oxygen. He also explained during his training the police officer would have known all the signs when someone is in fatal danger.
I keep hearing from this one absolute shitbag in my family that the knee in the neck procedure is routine & the fact that the officer was on Floyd for over eight minutes is inconsequential. This infuriates me, the time aspect. It is routine per their training, but nine fecking minutes? He also mentioned the shimmying last night.

I’ve called cops ‘MMA dorks’ before & it obviously holds. It seems like those enamored with MMA are often cops & they look like they enjoy applying such moves on victims knowing that they will most likely never be held accountable for any tragedies caused by their cosplaying. They couldn’t hack it as a real MMA fighter, so they would LARP as one with impunity.

This current witness, the female firefighter, is pretty astonishing, especially when she is describing the attitude of the cops.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I keep hearing from this one absolute shitbag in my family that the knee in the neck procedure is routine & the fact that the officer was on Floyd for over eight minutes is inconsequential. This infuriates me, the time aspect. It is routine per their training, but nine fecking minutes? He also mentioned the shimmying last night.

I’ve called cops ‘MMA dorks’ before & it obviously holds. It seems like those enamored with MMA are often cops & they look like they enjoy applying such moves on victims knowing that they will most likely never be held accountable for any tragedies caused by their cosplaying. They couldn’t hack it as a real MMA fighter, so they would LARP as one with impunity.

This current witness, the female firefighter, is pretty astonishing, especially when she is describing the attitude of the cops.
When is this expected to have run its course?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
The trial? You will undoubtedly hear about it when it ends as it will probably spark protests.

A few weeks, most likely. Probably three or four more.
Yeah the trial. Cheers. I won't have to keep too close an eye on it then. Fully expecting it to be a disgrace so I guess I can only be pleasantly surprised.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine being an off duty firefighter who felt compelled to call 911 to discuss the actions of police officers who were already on the scene, worried for the safety of other POCs who were witnesses & still in the area.

No doubt this first responder will face some future backlash & ostracization within the ranks.

So surreal.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Imagine being an off duty firefighter who felt compelled to call 911 to discuss the actions of police officers who were already on the scene, worried for the safety of other POCs who were witnesses & still in the area.

No doubt this first responder will face some future backlash & ostracization within the ranks.

So surreal.
She is wiping the floor with him.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So their defense is: People were mad we were killing him, so we had to keep killing him

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
She is getting roughed up a bit by him & is starting to show. For being a smarmy, smug prick, this lawyer is apparently highly regarded.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
She is getting roughed up a bit by him & is starting to show. For being a smarmy, smug prick, this lawyer is apparently highly regarded.
the pauses and flipping randomly through his notepad is a pure power play.

From the bits and pieces I have seen today it seems like the strategy is to paint the witnesses as being emotional and angry. Like she said though, it's a good thing this is all on tape....

kidbob

The worst is that MMA doesn't allow necks on the knee like that. In fact if officers had basic BJJ training it would be good for the general public. A knee on the neck is so much worse a position in control terms (when you don't have your mates holding the rest of them down) than taking someones back and just bring able to control them, and not choke them out from there. The worst is that so many of these people have handcuffs on. What is the point of handcuffs if you are just going to kneel on them anyway? The positions they employ have no logical explanation at all. Its a fecking game to them.

I don't think they are wannabe MMA fighters, I don't think they have the balls for that to be honest. They are guys who were either bullies or bullied in school. They don't have the intellect for anything else but chose the job because it allows them to feel bif and lord it over others. The kind of guys who fantasise about military violence but don't have the balls to actually serve in the military,

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I am convinced dude is getting acquitted of the murder charge. The judge appears to be a massive d-bag and the defense, so far, is so laughably bad that the only way this makes sense is that they all know what the outcome is going to be.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
the pauses and flipping randomly through his notepad is a pure power play.

From the bits and pieces I have seen today it seems like the strategy is to paint the witnesses as being emotional and angry. Like she said though, it's a good thing this is all on tape....
The paper flipping is totally a tempo changer / controller & is only being done to unsettle her.

I love her response to if he could show her her transcript from that night - ‘I don’t want to see it.’ Perfect.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The paper flipping is totally a tempo changer / controller & is only being done to unsettle her.

I love her response to if he could show her her transcript from that night - ‘I don’t want to see it.’ Perfect.
She should show up tomorrow with some shades and just lean back each time he does it. Obviously the judge would berate her (again), because only the white men on the defense side can do that stuff.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The worst is that MMA doesn't allow necks on the knee like that. In fact if officers had basic BJJ training it would be good for the general public. A knee on the neck is so much worse a position in control terms (when you don't have your mates holding the rest of them down) than taking someones back and just bring able to control them, and not choke them out from there. The worst is that so many of these people have handcuffs on. What is the point of handcuffs if you are just going to kneel on them anyway? The positions they employ have no logical explanation at all. Its a fecking game to them.

I don't think they are wannabe MMA fighters, I don't think they have the balls for that to be honest. They are guys who were either bullies or bullied in school. They don't have the intellect for anything else but chose the job because it allows them to feel bif and lord it over others. The kind of guys who fantasise about military violence but don't have the balls to actually serve in the military,
Oh, exactly. This flavor of cop knows they would stand no chance in an MMA ring, just like they couldn’t hack real combat in the military. They can satisfy both urges more easily as a cop when the opponents won’t fight back nearly as hard & they could do basically anything to the victims with virtually absolute impunity.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I am convinced dude is getting acquitted of the murder charge. The judge appears to be a massive d-bag and the defense, so far, is so laughably bad that the only way this makes sense is that they all know what the outcome is going to be.
Yep. There’s just too many needles to thread by the prosecution to be able to convict on all charges. All the defense needs to do is to continue to muddy the waters as they have more outs than the prosecutions.

I would love to see Chauvin on the stand. Not sure how smart a move it would be, but it would be delicious to see the prosecution just beat the pummel the feck out of him on the stand.

Christ. A fecking teenager who was at the scene testified she feels guilty for not doing more to save George Floyd’s life, apologizes to him every night. A teenager.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yep. There’s just too many needles to thread by the prosecution to be able to convict on all charges. All the defense needs to do is to continue to muddy the waters as they have more outs than the prosecutions.

I would love to see Chauvin on the stand. Not sure how smart a move it would be, but it would be delicious to see the prosecution just beat the pummel the feck out of him on the stand.
No way he gets on the stand unless it's as a Hail Mary if they think a murder conviction is a given. I would bet they don't want his disciplinary record brought up.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No way he gets on the stand unless it's as a Hail Mary if they think a murder conviction is a given. I would bet they don't want his disciplinary record brought up.
The prosecution can surely call him to the stand, yes?

diarm

Surely the fact he was prepared to plead guilty to 3rd degree murder and serve 10 years, but the prosecution rejected the offer, suggests the writing is on the wall for this guy?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Surely the fact he was prepared to plead guilty to 3rd degree murder and serve 10 years, but the prosecution rejected the offer, suggests the writing is on the wall for this guy?
It all could go either way when jury's involved.

I think the concept of jurors are very flawed. They're just a collective bunch of individuals forced to decide on things most of them have no expertise on. And you really cant expect to pluck a random people and expect them to be impartial to a certain race, religion, ideology or beliefs.

diarm

I think the concept of jurors are very flawed. They're just a collective bunch of individuals forced to decide on things most of them have no expertise on. And you really cant expect to pluck a random people and expect them to be impartial to a certain race, religion, ideology or beliefs.
I agree with you, especially in a case so high profile as this.

But then the alternative is some form of body which will always be vulnerable to corruption and self interest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What the feck is the meaning of this line of questioning? If I was there witnessing this, I would be fecking livid as well.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

The fact that they try to get them so inexperienced or ignorant to the case itself is a positive, but the differences in phobias & -isms is unfortunately what many defense attorneys focus on when deciding on their choices / strikes. And the bar is typically lower for the defense team than the prosecutors.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What the feck is the meaning of this line of questioning? If I was there witnessing this, I would be fecking livid as well.
I guess it's building up to some line of defense that Chauvin felt threatened and then froze and therefore forgot to remove his knee of Mr. Floyd's neck.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
To establish that he hates cops. Thing is you are allowed to say what you like about cops under freedom of speech. Speech doesn't count as obstructing them from working either.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The witness responded well IMO. "If that's what the video shows".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They need to have split screens going in these constantly. I would have liked to have seen the lawyer’s face when the witness was responding.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I saw the clip of the judge being a dick to the paramedic. What the hell was he doing?! Don’t have much faith for a fair trial if the judge is for no reason attacking prosecution witnesses.
He lied to her too. She asked if the camera was still on and he said "no".

Trequarista10

Are the other cops involved/present on trial at the same time? Sorry haven't had time to read up on this at all.