Gerard Houllier has passed away

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
RIP - very sad news.

Had struggled with his health for a while, but fantastic career.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Gosh, really shocked by this, I had no idea he was 73, feels like just yesterday he was at Liverpool.

CallyRed

RIP. Very sad news.

Seemed a genuinely nice guy, have some great memories as a youngster of our battles against his Liverpool side.

lysglimt

Scout
Ferguson wrote quite a bit about him in his biography, apparently someone he got along really well with. Seemed like a nice guy.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Very sad news, a likable and talented manager, and unless my memory is playing tricks on me, played a part in bringing Le King to England?

RIP

Guy Incognito

Yeah, he was a big reason why Cantona moved to United.

Getting Liverpool to win three trophies on a Thursday-Sunday routine was probably his finest achievement.

RIP.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Damn very sad news this - a proper football man and a very decent guy. He really took to the people up in Liverpool and they all loved him. RIP

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
RIP, feels young. It's a sad day for football, I grew up watching our battles vs Liverpool with him as manager.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
RIP Ged
Influential to Liverpool in terms of making them win trophies again, developing Owen, Gerrard, Carragher etc.
Classy man who will be greatly missed.

lilcurt

RIP

Remember hearing at an evening with players what a genuine guy he was. Great servant to his clubs and a fine Premier League manager.

Denis' cuff

:houllier: <- is there a backstory as to why this 'smilie' is called : houllier : ?
yes mate. He did a post match interview, exasperated with ref decisions and was very “expressive “ and frustrated. He had large expressive eyes.

decent bloke

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
RIP. Always seemed like a gentleman and a talented bloke.