German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's fun for the neutral but surely dortmund could do with some measured build up play and not this as fast paced as possible front to back attack style they seem to be employing.
They tried that in the first half, but their back line often gave the ball away. They had no choice but to be direct, especially when Nagelsmann's sides tend to be quite open on the counter.

Chief123

Stop wumming. If you have no interest in German football then just stay out of this thread.
I do have an interest in it. I just have the opinion the quality of the league is crap. But that makes for entertaining football.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
They tried that in the first half, but their back line often gave the ball away. They had no choice but to be direct, especially when Nagelsmann's sides tend to be quite open on the counter.
Fair enough. I'm not complaining, been a fun game to watch.

rooney2009

Sane has really regressed as a player
I thought He was going to become a world class player

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fair enough. I'm not complaining, been a fun game to watch.
Yeah, it's been incredibly fun. I kind of feel for Rose, though. He set up with 4 midfielders, all of whom can control the ball under pressure and pass the ball around well, but the back line hasn't helped them at all. The full backs kept giving the ball away in the first half, and then Akanji fell asleep and gifted Bayern the 3rd goal...

Sylar

Sane has really regressed as a player
I thought He was going to become a world class player
Same. Does he have issues concentrating or applying himself? Was Pep pushing him which helped but also why we saw him infrequently

Or is he out of position? I remember him playing on the left for City but he's on the right for Munich?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah, it's been incredibly fun. I kind of feel for Rose, though. He set up with 4 midfielders, all of whom can control the ball under pressure and pass the ball around well, but the back line hasn't helped them at all. The full backs kept giving the ball away in the first half, and then Akanji fell asleep and gifted Bayern the 3rd goal...
Yeah definitely much closer than the scoreline might suggest, though Bayern seem happy to sit back and pick them off on the break since getting that opener.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Same. Does he have issues concentrating or applying himself? Was Pep pushing him which helped but also why we saw him infrequently

Or is he out of position? I remember him playing on the left for City but he's on the right for Munich?
Position doesn't matter, his confidence and determination are severely lacking unfortunately.

Nick7

Really fun game. Both teams look like they have new managers to be fair to both. Dortmund have been electric but sloppy at times.

Your team is getting bent over by Bayern btw.
Imagine being this childish.

Sylar

Position doesn't matter, his confidence and determination are severely lacking unfortunately.
Yeah he looks like a shell of what he potentially looked for City and I guess why Bayern wanted him

I do remember Pep saying something about him but can't find him. Seemed to question his application

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
While the latter part is true, I believe the position does matter. He had his YPOTY season at City glued to the left side.

Or, we could just claim he can't make it in Bundesliga.. :D

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Chance there for Haaland, couldn't sort his feet out fast enough and the defender did well.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It seems to be the sole opinion you have, endlessly repeated to the detriment of the thread.

It doesn’t change the fact the league is shit. Bayern are winning their 10th title in a row this year.
Bayern are going for their 10th consecutive Bundesliga. What a shite league! And German fans try to argue it’s an exciting competitive league :lol::lol:
[
I just have the opinion the quality of the league is crap. But that makes for entertaining football.

Sylar

It's so weird to think that Lewandowski has been at Bayern much longer than he was at Dortmund

While the latter part is true, I believe the position does matter. He had his YPOTY season at City glued to the left side.

It certainly is weird seeing him on the right

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
People talking about Dortmund not being to defend, it should be said they have a ton of injuries in defense right now.

Hummels, Zagadou, Guerreiro, Meunier, Morey, Can, Coulibaly (17 yr old signed from PSG this season) are all injured. It is their third choice RB, fourth choice CB and second choice LB playing today.

Not to say they would've been shit even with their first choice players.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
People talking about Dortmund not being to defend, it should be said they have a ton of injuries in defense right now.

Hummels, Zagadou, Guerriero, Meunier, Morey, Can, Coulibaly (17 yr old signed from PSG this season) are all injured. It is their third choice RB, fourth choice CB and second choice LB playing today.

Not to say they would've been shit even with their first choice players.
Not just a 4th choice CB but a CDM/CM in Witsel! Even then, I wouldn't say that he did so badly in that role in the past two games.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich

For Schalke and some national team matches he really shined as a inverted right winger, basically a Robben light.

I was really happy when we signed him, but it hasn't worked out at all until now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think that's Nagelsmann's first win with Bayern Munich, right? Let's see if this is the start of a good spell for Bayern, now.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's so weird to think that Lewandowski has been at Bayern much longer than he was at Dortmund

It certainly is weird seeing him on the right
He scored a couple of great Robben-esque goals early in his Bayern time that way, being able to come in from the right, but his dribbling has been pretty bad since joining (since his ACL injury?).
The most shocking part in my opinion is however how poor his passing has been.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Oh well.. an entertaining game, but it showed that Dortmund aren't used to a midfield diamond and that they played with their second string at the back. Passlack in particular got exposed badly. Bayern will probably be a different beast later into the season as well. Malen hasn't been particularly impressive in any of the minutes he's gotten this far. It's still early days, but he will have to do a lot more to get ahead of Hazard or even Moukoko.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
You're right, I'm still waiting for this double agent to show his true nature and lose Bayern games. But he's a devious one, playing the long game!