German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
What I don't get is why Union were dismantled by Feyenoord so easily (from what I read) earlier this week? On paper, a cohesive defensive team like Union should be a nightmare to play against for Dutch clubs. Anyone seen the match? (@KirkDuyt , for good measure)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What I don't get is why Union were dismantled by Feyenoord so easily (from what I read) earlier this week? On paper, a cohesive defensive team like Union should be a nightmare to play against for Dutch clubs. Anyone seen the match? (@KirkDuyt , for good measure)
Only seen a part of it, but that looked a lot like a game were simply one team used the few chances it had, and the other team did not. Not very much to learn from that games in terms of team strength I guess.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We scored early which resulted in them having to try and create, which I don't think they're very good at. We also played really well, which we've done a few time under Slot. We peak quite high so far this season. Still inconsistent though and a smalls quad, which was evident by today's narrow victory over Cambuur.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Only seen a part of it, but that looked a lot like a game were simply one team used the few chances it had, and the other team did not. Not very much to learn from that games in terms of team strength I guess.
We scored early which resulted in them having to try and create, which I don't think they're very good at. We also played really well, which we've done a few time under Slot. We peak quite high so far this season. Still inconsistent though and a smalls quad, which was evident by today's narrow victory over Cambuur.
Thanks both. Makes sense then.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Who do you expect to beat them in the league table? I am convinced Leipzig will surpass them, but they way things are going at the moment I do not see any other team where I would say "they will definitely beat Union".
Well yes, but a lot of that statement is down to the fact that a lot of the designated top teams aren't stable at the moment.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Bild report that Wolfsburg and Kohfeldt have reached an agreement, though contracts haven't been signed yet. Sky concurs.

I'm genuinely a bit excited to see how well he does there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Bild report that Wolfsburg and Kohfeldt have reached an agreement, though contracts haven't been signed yet. Sky concurs.

It's been made official recently.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by the appointment given how his Bremen teams have collapsed in the past, but maybe this Wolfsburg team's better suited to his system. He demands a good amount of effort from his players, and this team seems to be able to cover more ground than his Bremen teams.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by the appointment given how his Bremen teams have collapsed in the past, but maybe this Wolfsburg team's better suited to his system. He demands a good amount of effort from his players, and this team seems to be able to cover more ground than his Bremen teams.
Bremen have the worst DoF in the league. I rate Kohfeldt and actually think it was quite good how long he kept Bremen in the first league. It created a false sense of security that was ultimately costly for the club, but I don't think much of that is his fault. Just look at how horrendous they are in the second league now...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bremen have the worst DoF in the league. I rate Kohfeldt and actually think it was quite good how long he kept Bremen in the first league. It created a false sense of security that was ultimately costly for the club, but I don't think much of that is his fault. Just look at how horrendous they are in the second league now...
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess he wasn't getting the players who'd fit his system, and in that sense, he definitely did the best that he could. I do look forward to watching him coach that Wolfsburg team.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

In his first season he stepped in for Nouri early and steadied the ship, in his second season they placed 8th with some genuinely encouraging football. In his third season is when arguably when the collapse occured: glass half full is stating that they sold Kruse, Füllkrug (their designated goal getter) got injured very early into the season and Rashica just checked out halfway through, leaving them with a terrible lack of individual quality in attack, glass half empty is stating that the team wasn't just blunt upfront, but genuinely unstable the longer the season went on, while he also abandoned his positive football principles - unlike for example Nagelsmann, who turned Hoffenheim around in style. In his final season the management had to sell of Klaassen and let go players such as Bartels, Sahin and Pizarro, who I imagine were important to the dressing room at the very least - even though the team only stayed in by the smallest of margins the year before. I wouldn't necessarily hold the relegation against him, the club as a whole was simply a mess.

He's very charismatic, the big question is whether he can play and improve the football of his first two seasons at a better club, how much of the mess of his last two seasons were down to Bremen's problems as a club and how much were his own mistakes. It's a surprising appointment in the sense that I probably would have expected his next club to be more around lower midtable, but on the other hand Wolfsburg have one of the league's worst ever coaches as their caretaker and so early into the season they probably don't have a lot of candidates to choose from.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

He will be mediocre accumulating to a flop, what else?
Laughable how these coaches keep failing upwards.
Also I'm a bit puzzled why he is so overrated by so many.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He will be mediocre accumulating to a flop, what else?
Laughable how these coaches keep failing upwards.
Also I'm a bit puzzled why he is so overrated by so many.
Who else does keep failing upwards? He's (over)rated, because he's charismatic and his team played good football for 1.5 years and Werder's financial problems and general state give put the benefit of the doubt on the table regarding what followed.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Will be difficult to see with a Wolfsburg badge :(

Of course he had his fault here too, but the problems were much bigger at Werder.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
He's very charismatic, the big question is whether he can play and improve the football of his first two seasons at a better club, how much of the mess of his last two seasons were down to Bremen's problems as a club and how much were his own mistakes. It's a surprising appointment in the sense that I probably would have expected his next club to be more around lower midtable, but on the other hand Wolfsburg have one of the league's worst ever coaches as their caretaker and so early into the season they probably don't have a lot of candidates to choose from.
Yeah, and now we're being deprived of another display of his dark arts entirely, what a shame. I got really excited, thinking about how much further he'd be able to scuttle them in those assumed weeks. Oh well, at least this Kohfeldt appointment has potential, too.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Have Schalke fallen so low, we don't even make jokes about them falling victim to 1860 anymore?!
With Leverkusen and Berlin currently trailing against KSC and Mannheim this could turn out to be quite a juicy set of results.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Have Schalke fallen so low, we don't even make jokes about them falling victim to 1860 anymore?!
With Leverkusen and Berlin currently trailing against KSC and Mannheim this could turn out to be quite a juicy set of results.
And Berlin equalised... :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Can't get them all. Schalke and Leverkusen will have to suffice.
Assuming Leverkusen lose this is the end of Seoanes honeymoon period I think. Has to prove himself now.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
You sound as if that was some kind of upset or shock result :wenger:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Assuming Leverkusen lose this is the end of Seoanes honeymoon period I think. Has to prove himself now.
45 minutes is a very long time still, especially against a 2nd division side. But it seems like their attacking output has gone back to normal and the (quasi) own goals have dried up as well. ;)
But it's not like they are showing glaring weaknesses in their structure. Aside from the Bayern game of course.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
KSC are of course a massive club, but Leverkusen get to play at home, so I give them a slight advantage.
You know what I want to hear :drool:

Great chance to go up 2-0 as well. Leverkusen are playing alright, but I'm surprised at the lack of clear cut chances vs 36 year old Gordon.

And of course it's 1-1 straight after saying that

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's the quality of KSC, their opponent equalizes and then they just turn on their class and force the lead again within 10 minutes.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Second year in a row that Hradecky has blundered Leverkusen out of the cup?

One upset and the other three games looking like extra time. :drool:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Second year in a row Hradecky has blundered Leverkusen out of the cup?

One upset and the other three games looking like extra time. :drool:
Entertaining round this time, quite lot of interesting games yesterday and today as well.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Our game has barely started, so until something noteworthy happens there's plenty time to congratulate @hellhunter on this wonderful KSC victory

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Holy crap we're stinking up the place. Gladbach making us look like Barca.. current Barca.