German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Marton Dardai looked genuinely promising when he played though?!
Yeah, last season...he's been rather terrible this season. Might be a case of dealing with injuries or his weaknesses become apparent when they only play with two CBs...3-5-2 might suit him better.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It just looked a bit incoherent, that's it. I guess that evens out when it grows a bit and might just be caused by the process of laying it down.
I don't know man. As far as newly laid pitches go, this one doesn't look great to me.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I realize we are leading and dominating but still I think Sané should do the right foot shooting practice in training, not during a game.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Hard to believe Hertha was consistently making life difficult for Bayern between 2017 and 2021...what a difference a year makes. ^^

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Honestly, I'm not happy at all with this. This is annoying, worrying. Top opponents will kill us off if we recklessly squander literally dozens of chances and situations like that. A 2-0 is not good enough after a game like that. This is making me angry.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Finally 3...feel a bit for Schwolow, he saved everything he could

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Oh well.
Should have been higher, shouldn't have conceded. Too lax.

Meanwhile, Florian Kohlfeldt, after another loss and one point in 8 games, is "convinced" that Wolfsburg "will win against Greuther Fürth" in two weeks time. Oh, ok, that's alright then.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I like classical music - but it was a program including a symphonic medley of Wagner Rheingold themes and the "Alpensinfonie" by Richard Strauss.. bizarre, backward stuff. 15 minutes of Alban Berg did little to serve as a counterweight. That's why the bad review.
It's also a socio-cultural observation of these events - 2000 people and I looked hard for one single person of colour among the crowd, to no avail, for example.
Nothing wrong with that, it's Germany, if people of color don't enjoy classical music, it's their problem tbh, nothing you can do about it.
Stop getting americanized, and don't be obsessed with race.
I'm not european, and im a a person of color, but i hate the americanization of things, like being obsessed with race and stuff, it's not healthy, United States isn't a healthy country, they never were.

In related to people not wearing a mask, it's just that events that include very wealthy people don't require masks(i wonder why), it's the same thing in my country : actors conferences, celebrities reunions, and in every event that gathers wealthy people, you won't see a single one of them wearing a mask...but the waiters and other employees do.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Meanwhile, Florian Kohlfeldt, after another loss and one point in 8 games, is "convinced" that Wolfsburg "will win against Greuther Fürth" in two weeks time. Oh, ok, that's alright then.
Right... let's see, Wolfsburg got 1 point from their last 5 games, Fürth got 6.

The way things are going Fürth finally arrived in the league - too late to save themselves, but they are not hopeless losers like at the beginning of the season any more, while Wolfsburg are just in free fall.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Nothing wrong with that, it's Germany, if people of color don't enjoy classical music, it's their problem tbh, nothing you can do about it.
I'm not european, and im a a person of color, but i hate the americanization of things, like being obsessed with race and stuff, it's not healthy, United States isn't a healthy country, they never were.

In related to people not wearing a mask, i think events that include very wealthy people don't require masks(i wonder why), it's the same thing in my country : actors conferences, celebrities reunions, and in every event that gathers wealthy people, you won't see them wearing a mask...but the waiters and other employees do.
I wasn't complaining, it was just a funny observation - 2000 plus people in a room and not one POC. At least if we don't count Asians, quite a few Asians involved both on the stage and in the auditorium. It's simply testament to the strong way the classical music scene is reserved to a certain milieu, and that milieu is very white. It's not an Americanization to bring it up either, in the face of having Wagner and Strauss played some basic political reflection is called for.

And the audience was wearing masks, so that was all fine.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City

In related to people not wearing a mask, i think events that include very wealthy people don't require masks(i wonder why), it's the same thing in my country : actors conferences, celebrities reunions, and in every event that gathers wealthy people, you won't see them wearing a mask...but the waiters and other employees do.
:lol:
I'd rather have the "lol Bayern will win it, this league sucks" posts back.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Right... let's see, Wolfsburg got 1 point from their last 5 games, Fürth got 6.

The way things are going Fürth finally arrived in the league - too late to save themselves, but they are not hopeless losers like at the beginning of the season any more, while Wolfsburg are just in free fall.
Fürth, I think, have a horrible away record so his team might indeed beat them - it just strikes me as a very nonsensical and desperate thing to say in a post-match interview of another defeat.

As if beating Fürth after like 7 defeats in 8 games would somehow make it alright for Wolfsburg.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
:lol:
I'd rather have the "lol Bayern will win it, this league sucks" posts back.
Sorry, i had to write that.

I dislike countries getting culturally americanized, wether mine or others.

P.S Bayern will win it, this league sucks...nah not really, i like Bundesliga, despite the lack of competition for Bayern.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I wasn't complaining, it was just a funny observation - 2000 plus people in a room and not one POC. At least if we don't count Asians, quite a few Asians involved both on the stage and in the auditorium. It's simply testament to the strong way the classical music scene is reserved to a certain milieu, and that milieu is very white. It's not an Americanization to bring it up either, in the face of having Wagner and Strauss played some basic political reflection is called for.

And the audience was wearing masks, so that was all fine.
Classical music it's a western european thing at the end of the day, nothing wrong with that tbh, it's normal that most people interested in it are european or have european roots, its just common sense.
I enjoy some classical musical sometimes, even though it isn't my favorite, but i definitely enjoy it.

Well, here ends the off-topic.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
If we end up signing Ginter as Süle replacement, I'll be pretty mad.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Toin coss for a meltdown, I'd say:lol: My money is on Christensen, though. A solid, BuLi-proven choice.
I‘d be okay with Christensen but not Ginter. Would prefer Rüdiger over both. But offering Rüdiger more money than Süle would be strange. And Rüdiger is not signing for €10m p.a.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I‘d be okay with Christensen but not Ginter. Would prefer Rüdiger over both. But offering Rüdiger more money than Süle would be strange. And Rüdiger is not signing for €10m p.a.
Pretty much.
I also think that Chelsea will get Rüdiger to extend after all. Christensen will be fine, but it's certainly not a squad improvement as a bottom line.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Major news from Germany:
What does this mean for Gladbach's direction? After the past couple of years, it did seem like they needed a change in direction or some sort of freshness, but I'd never have thought that Eberl would get the axe. Has there been any speculation on where Eberl can end up or who'll succeed him at Gladbach?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What does this mean for Gladbach's direction? After the past couple of years, it did seem like they needed a change in direction or some sort of freshness, but I'd never have thought that Eberl would get the axe. Has there been any speculation on where Eberl can end up or who'll succeed him at Gladbach?
Here's some background from Sport1:
https://www.sport1.de/news/fussball...rm&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharing_app

• this is driven by Eberl himself
  • it's all but certain he will leave in the summer, possibly after the winter window even
  • Eberl first broached this before Christmas
  • he doesn't feel like he can develop the squad further
  • the club has already contacted candidates for the job
  • the article kind of suggests that his health may be a factor (he's also currently on sick leave)
  • it claims that people, who have been around Eberl for a long time, believe that he has deviated from his "straight path"
  • it mentions that the stubborn Eberl has had more and more tensions with the rest of the club's management
  • one of them being that the club hired a "team manager", who was (or became?) involved with Eberl and left the club soon after joining
  • first rifts appeared because of Eberl's decision not to sack Rose last year
  • and of course this season's issues are mentioned, apparently Hütter wasn't everyone's favourite choice either
  • in closing the article also mentions that players are doubting whether Hütter can turn things around and they aren't happy about how he axed some of the squads stars

I think before this season Eberl and the club were basically the same thing. His transfers weren't always spectacular, but he had an extremely good success rate and with it the club grew from a messy relegation candidate into a top 6 regular, him leaving would have been seen as a devastating blow. I think a proven DoF is more important than any short term trend.
But what happens now is anyone's guess, I assume the structures (e.g. scouting team) he leaves behind will be quite a good foundation for his successor and the rest depends on how good or bad a job the next guy does.

Given that health problems are mentioned Eberl himself might take an extended break for now and someone else also reported that Gladbach don't intend to release him from his contract either, so they can collect a fee if he decides to work again.

As for a successor: Mislintat, Reuter or Schmadtke are experienced candidates that could be on the market in the summer. Though on the other hand their teams currently occupy the 15th to 17th rank :lol:

Or maybe Jonas Boldt: he worked at Leverkusen previously and seems to have finally managed to steady the ship at Hamburg. Maybe Rangnick as a hot take.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here's some background from Sport1:
https://www.sport1.de/news/fussball...rm&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharing_app

• this is driven by Eberl himself
  • it's all but certain he will leave in the summer, possibly after the winter window even
  • Eberl first broached this before Christmas
  • he doesn't feel like he can develop the squad further
  • the club has already contacted candidates for the job
  • the article kind of suggests that his health may be a factor (he's also currently on sick leave)
  • it claims that people, who have been around Eberl for a long time, believe that he has deviated from his "straight path"
  • it mentions that the stubborn Eberl has had more and more tensions with the rest of the club's management
  • one of them being that the club hired a "team manager", who was (or became?) involved with Eberl and left the club soon after joining
  • first rifts appeared because of Eberl's decision not to sack Rose last year
  • and of course this season's issues are mentioned, apparently Hütter wasn't everyone's favourite choice
  • in closing the article also mentions that players are doubting whether Hütter can turn things around and they aren't happy about how he axed some of the squads stars

I think before this season Eberl and the club were basically the same thing. His transfers weren't always spectacular, but he had an extremely good success rate and with it the club grew from a messy relegation candidate into a top 6 regular, him leaving would have been seen as a devastating blow. I think a proven DoF is more important than any short term trend.
But what happens now is anyone's guess, I assume the structures (e.g. scouting team) he leaves behind will be quite a good foundation for his successor and the rest depends on how good or bad a job the next guy does.
Huh, I thought the break-up was more amicable, but yeah, I guess this + the last year definitely made things more difficult for Eberl. All good things come to an end.

I don't know how Eberl would start to deviate away from what Gladbach was building towards. What was his end goal, and how does it differ from rest of the team?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Huh, I thought the break-up was more amicable, but yeah, I guess this + the last year definitely made things more difficult for Eberl. All good things come to an end.

I don't know how Eberl would start to deviate away from what Gladbach was building towards. What was his end goal, and how does it differ from rest of the team?
Are you referring to the "straight path" stuff? I think that was meant more on a personal level, rather than some long term vision. E.g. getting involved in a relationship with his subordinate. As far as I remember he also got divorced last year, so I guess the implication is that his personal life or health problems may have taken a toll on his management style a bit.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Are you referring to the "straight path" stuff? I think that was meant more on a personal level, rather than some long term vision. E.g. getting involved in a relationship with his subordinate.
Both that + the tensions with the rest of the management, unless it's all based on that team manager...