German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Find it a bit strange, that Coman is always mentioned for the fault in the german media . Yeah he was to be substituted and meant. But what about Sabitzer? There is this very difficult rule: One player comes off and you can come in. In the lowest leagues, everybody understands this.
And you're also totally fecked and hammered if you step on the pitch too soon.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It doesn't matter how big of an impact it had on the game. We had 12 guys on the pitch, and this is obviously not allowed. I fully expect the result to be overthrown, and rightfully so.
The fourth official let a player onto the pitch without one leaving it. If there is anyone to blame then him.

Foxbatt

I do also do not understand this. Why on earth is Bayern to blame for an officiating cock up? Player comes off and the other player gets on. Not only that the player coming off has to be off the pitch for the other player to get on. It does not matter whose number was held up. One player has to come off before a player can get on.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
It doesn't matter how big of an impact it had on the game. We had 12 guys on the pitch, and this is obviously not allowed. I fully expect the result to be overthrown, and rightfully so.
Um no?
The rules are quite clear: the player that stepped on to early should get a yellow card and the opponent should get a free kick. Nothing else.

It's not a "Wechselfehler" like many fans argue and that use rule paragraphs about players are "not eligible" to play. Those paragraphs are about players who are out with a red card or in former times too many youth players or too many non EU foreigners.

What happened is basically nothing more than when a player warms up and steps on the field for a few seconds or a player gets on the pitch a moment too early.

I also wonder why the media almost only talks about Bayerns fault.
Isn't it THE job of the 4th official to manage substitutions and only let a new player on the pitch AFTER another left?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Um no?
The rules are quite clear: the player that stepped on to early should get a yellow card and the opponent should get a free kick. Nothing else.

It's not a "Wechselfehler" like many fans argue and that use rule paragraphs about players are "not eligible" to play. Those paragraphs are about players who are out with a red card or in former times too many youth players or too many non EU foreigners.

What happened is basically nothing more than when a player warms up and steps on the field for a few seconds or a player gets on the pitch a moment too early.

I also wonder why the media almost only talks about Bayerns fault.
Isn't it THE job of the 4th official to manage substitutions and only let a new player on the pitch AFTER another left?
Yep. Shouldn't be too hard of a job either.

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
Yep. Shouldn't be too hard of a job either.
Every weekend thousands of amateur clubs do substitutions correctly without a "Team-Manager", shouldn't be too hard of a job either....
Maybe the DFL should appoint a overseer of the Bayern in-game operations as they can't handle these by themselves. For a club and its fans that pride themselves as being the most professional in Germany it is embarassing to now shift the blame to the officials (and they are not faultless).
You (Bayern and and a major part of its fans) act like a 6 year old that broke the family TV and now cries: "But mommy didn't stop me!"

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Every weekend thousands of amateur clubs do substitutions correctly without a "Team-Manager", shouldn't be too hard of a job either....
Maybe the DFL should appoint a overseer of the Bayern in-game operations as they can't handle these by themselves. For a club and its fans that pride themselves as being the most professional in Germany it is embarassing to now shift the blame to the officials (and they are not faultless).
You (Bayern and and a major part of its fans) act like a 6 year old that broke the family TV and now cries: "But mommy didn't stop me!"
ok..

do.omb

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tell me you are envious of Bayern's success without telling me.

Blackwidow

Funny, that always when it is Bayern everybody jumps on the wagon to punish them somehow...

If it would have been Freiburg with a lead and that mistake the same persons would downplay that now and blame Bayern bigly if they would claim something for that...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Glad you got that off your chest.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

It appears that the foreclosure can be stopped via an out of court settlement at any point and that's what Windhorst's lawyer seems to be hinting at in a tweet deeper in the thread. But according to this (German) summary of the original, sources from within the club stated that pawning the club shares could constitute bad faith, whatever that means in this context. In any case, with an agm coming up at Hertha, this should yield some entertainment whichever way it shakes out.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

It appears that the foreclosure can be stopped via an out of court settlement at any point and that's what Windhorst's lawyer seems to be hinting at in a tweet deeper in the thread. But according to this (German) summary of the original, sources from within the club stated that pawning the club shares could constitute bad faith, whatever that means in this context. In any case, with an agm coming up at Hertha, this should yield some entertainment whichever way it shakes out.
The gift that keeps on giving :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Another massively important 2:1 win for Augsburg in their rescheduled match against Mainz tonight. 32 points with 6 games to go means they are all but saved already.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Incredible how VAR didn´t intervene for that Augsburg penalty.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Incredible how VAR didn´t intervene for that Augsburg penalty.
I just watched it, incredible! Usually the refs can bullshit around a bit with clear and obvious mistake, high intervention threshold, because the ref had a clear view, yada yada... but for the life of me I can't even think about some flimsy technicality to justify that call.

And so perhaps it's not surprising that the ref himself said he apologized to Svensson and would have liked to be corrected by VAR.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why is Malen not in the squad? Injury or some disciplinary matter?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Seriously, what's wrong with Dortmund's fitness, physio, and medical department? What are these amateurs doing? How can Reyna have a muscle injury 2 minutes into the game after having been injured multiply and recently? Aren't they warmed up?
Reeks of Körperverletzung to me, way to ruin a fantastic young player.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Seriously, what's wrong with Dortmund's fitness, physio, and medical department? What are these amateurs doing? How can Reyna have a muscle injury 2 minutes into the game after having been injured multiply and recently? Aren't they warmed up?
Reeks of Körperverletzung to me, way to ruin a fantastic young player.
Absolutely ridiculous. Someone really needs to be fired there for this shitshow

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How is that an offside? Haaland was on.

Edit: Nevermind they overturned it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Absolutely ridiculous. Someone really needs to be fired there for this shitshow
The other day it was reported that one of the physios will be replaced after the season. Three injuries in the first half alone is absurd, but Reyna's injury looked like it was a bad movement from the player, Dahoud seems to have hurt his shoulder. I missed what happened to Hummels.
It's really been a tragic season for Reyna. He picked up his first injury playing some shitty game for the US, it sounded minor at first, but took him out several months, then he got sick after his first little cameo and then when he finally started his first game in four months he immediately pulled something within 30 minutes, afterwards Rose slowly eased him back into the team, he only started one game in the last month and then today this.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The other day it was reported that one of the physios will be replaced after the season. Three injuries in the first half alone is absurd, but Reyna's injury looked like it was a bad movement from the player, Dahoud seems to have hurt his shoulder. I missed what happened to Hummels.
It's really been a tragic season for Reyna. He picked up his first injury playing some shitty game for the US, it sounded minor at first, but took him out several months, then he got sick after his first little cameo and then when he finally started his first game in four months he immediately pulled something within 30 minutes, afterwards Rose slowly eased him back into the team, he only started one game in the last month and then today this.
Dahoud was just an unfortunate dislocation, not much you can do to prevent that.

Gio Reyna on the other hand, it's either genetic and/or poor preparation from the physios.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Gio Reyna on the other hand, it's either genetic and/or poor preparation from the physios.
Looked to me like he overstretched while fighting for the ball. I'm not sure that's something for the physios. He only played 16 minutes against Leipzig, it's not like he was criminally overplayed either.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The fact is we are playing like crap and have been, but for a couple of exceptions, all year.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Having to cut down to 11 players was always going to be a difficult transition for Nagelsmann, but I feel like he found an interesting approach to quickly adapt to this new reality. He also had a plan to neutralize Ricardo Pepi, who is called the Tom Brady of Soccer for good reason, so all in all I think it was an inspiring match on the tactical side.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Cologne turning a 0:2 to a 3:2 at home. :)
Great work. Definitely one of the most resilient teams in the league. The chance to play in Europe is still real, which is just amazing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It keeps cracking me up how - with everything on the line for them - Hertha are playing a keeper they are already set lose to Dortmund's u23 for free.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
It keeps cracking me up how - with everything on the line for them - Hertha are playing a keeper they are already set lose to Dortmund's u23 for free.
Yeah, that's the most Hertha thing to happen. But he's pretty good so it is what it is.
It's really frustrating cause they bought the Danish U21 keeper but every time there was an opportunity he was injured so now it's Lotka time.

I'm more annoyed by Magath's lineups. Great idea to give a random start to a 18-year-old who hasn't even played for the reserve team yet..let's put him on a position he's not even used to to make it more fun. ^^

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah, that's the most Hertha thing to happen. But he's pretty good so it is what it is.
It's really frustrating cause they bought the Danish U21 keeper but every time there was an opportunity he was injured so now it's Lotka time.
It's also a weird situation, because it's getting harder to imagine him going back to third division football with every decent game under pressure he delivers for Hertha. Is there actually a chance that Hertha might try to sell Schwolow and sign/loan him back?

I'm more annoyed by Magath's lineups. Great idea to give a random start to a 18-year-old who hasn't even played for the reserve team yet..let's put him on a position he's not even used to to make it more fun. ^^
It seems like the narrative for Hertha this year is all about mentality: even as early as the beginning of the season, Bobic explained his gutting of the squad that way. So bearing that in mind it's not that illogical that Magath is trying fresh and motivated players instead of established ones. Even if it's obviously quite a desperate attempt.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
It's also a weird situation, because it's getting harder to imagine him going back to third division football with every decent game under pressure he delivers for Hertha. Is there actually a chance that Hertha might try to sell Schwolow and sign/loan him back?
I have no idea but he seems to be too good to end up playing for Dortmund II. I'd be more interested in what Dortmund's plans with him are now that they've seen what he's capable of.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

It seems like the narrative for Hertha this year is all about mentality: even as early as the beginning of the season, Bobic explained his gutting of the squad that way. So bearing that in mind it's not that illogical that Magath is trying fresh and motivated players instead of established ones. Even if it's obviously quite a desperate attempt.
Meanwhile Union is up 3-1 and Hertha's free fall continues.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I have no idea but he seems to be too good to end up playing for Dortmund II. I'd be more interested in what Dortmund's plans with him are now that they've seen what he's capable of.
It's not like he has a chance of displacing Kobel, so the best perspective they could offer him with regards to the first team is that he'd compete with Hitz, who will likely leave in 2023, for the backup role.

I assume they'd be willing to sell/loan him if he got a good offer. Blocking the career of a young player for the sake of their second team doesn't sound beneficial to them either.

1-4 even in the end. Though maybe a bit harsh as a result. The game felt fairly even for most of the time, neither team really impressing, Union just scored a bunch of crosses and counter attacks. On the other hand Hertha's attacking attempts were so feeble, you have to wonder how many goals they hope to score in the remaining games.

Last edited:

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I mean the good thing is they have the worst goal difference anyway, so 1:2, 1:4, 1:10, same thing really...
It's weird that they still have a relatively good chance to somehow save themselves. I still believe Bielefeld will finish 17th and Hertha 16th which could set up a juicy battle with the likes of Bremen or Schalke.

CraftySoAndSo

Watched the derby today but haven't really had the chance to watch either team this season and was very impressed with Union. Quite solid defensively and their two striker cause Hertha all sorts of problems. Hertha on the other hand were an absolute shambles, they remind me of Everton in a lot of ways.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Lotka the first to do an interview, that's also a bit telling. And it seems like Hertha's fans persuaded some players to lay down their jerseys. :drool:

I mean the good thing is they have the worst goal difference anyway, so 1:2, 1:4, 1:10, same thing really...
It's weird that they still have a relatively good chance to somehow save themselves. I still believe Bielefeld will finish 17th and Hertha 16th which could set up a juicy battle with the likes of Bremen or Schalke.
At this point it's anybodies guess. Stuttgart have been looking a class above the other bottom teams lately, so they will probably gain some distance on 16th place soon. But I don't really see a lot of reasons to believe Hertha have an edge over Bielefeld, other than the fact that the latter still face Bayern and Leipzig. I think both clubs are a bit hopeless in attack and have shown some cracks in their resolve lately, but if anything Bielefeld have looked less dysfunctional over the course of the season.

Last edited: