German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
the wuf is Wolfsburg doing.
It was quite the Brazilian game. I wouldn't even say Dortmund played particularly well, but a 17 year old debutante scored from a corner (what a fairy tale for Rothe) and they just rolled with it from there. Fair play to Wolfsburg's players in some respect though. After final whistle no one hid in the catacombs, they all went straight to the fan block and Arnold/Baku hopped over the ad boards to listen to the fan's grievances, didn't necessarily expect that from a plastic club.

Blackwidow

Yes, 5 goals in 12 minutes - the xG on understat just says 3.32 to 1.96.

The derby between Gladbach and Cologne was already 0:3 after 34 minutes, too - no goals since then until half time. I do not really see Hütter to survive that season...

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Gladbachs defense might just be the worst in the whole league. No shape whatsoever.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yes, 5 goals in 12 minutes - the xG on understat just says 3.32 to 1.96.

The derby between Gladbach and Cologne was already 0:3 after 34 minutes, too - no goals since then until half time. I do not really see Hütter to survive that season...
I'd still argue that Eberl is responsible for a ton of their problems and Hütter is just the unfortunate coach, who took over right before the whole thing imploded (well, actually it already started under Rose). But at some point that won't matter anymore:

Man Utd Koné: "I think they were set up better than us tactically than us. Both defensively and offensively."

https://www.gladbachlive.de/news/gladbach-polizei-verhindert-kabinen-sturm-der-borussia-ultras-94163

Gladbach fans made their way to the team buses to have a chat. Others made their way into the player's tunnel. The situation was resolved peacefully after a few of the senior players and the CEO and DoF talked to them. But still, that's the kind of thing which makes a dent in the inner atmosphere.

A list that compares how the prices for a season ticket (cheapest seat) + 1 beer and 1 Stadionwurst each match day have changed between 11/12 and 19/20.

To lighten the mood, here's a video of Julian Brandt realizing he's actually Julian Brandt mid-turn:

Last edited:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'd still argue that Eberl is responsible for a ton of their problems and Hütter is just the unfortunate coach, who took over right before the whole thing imploded (well, actually it already started under Rose). But at some point that won't matter anymore:

Man Utd Koné: "I think they were set up better than us tactically than us. Both defensively and offensively."

https://www.gladbachlive.de/news/gladbach-polizei-verhindert-kabinen-sturm-der-borussia-ultras-94163

Gladbach fans made their way to the team buses to have a chat. Others made their way into the player's tunnel. The situation was resolved peacefully after a few of the senior players and the CEO and DoF talked to them. But still, that's the kind of thing which makes a dent in the inner atmosphere.
:lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leverkusen to choke on the finishing line?! Is it really possible?

Freiburg are still in the race.

Bielefeld look increasingly hopeless.

Schalke have continued their run against Darmstadt and Hamburg have an outsider's chance at top 3 again.

Last edited:

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Losing against the most in form team in the country by a small margin in an even game with our injury problems wouldn´t be my definition of choking. Next two games against Fürth and Frankfurt, who play us inbetween their matches against West Ham, are entirely winnable. Lets see how the table looks in two weeks time.

Reactions: oates

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Losing against the most in form team in the country by a small margin in an even game with our injury problems wouldn´t be my definition of choking. Next two games against Fürth and Frankfurt, who play us inbetween their matches against West Ham, are entirely winnable. Lets see how the table looks in two weeks time.
I put it as a question, because i still think it's more likely that Leverkusen will be able to fend off mighty Freiburg. But on the other hand their attack looks pretty mediocre since Wirtz' injury and they couldn't score in 4/5 of their last games. I think it's up to Freiburg, if they can tap in to their peak level, then they will get top four.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Sacking Van Bommel in October to install the hapless nobody whose only career achievement had been to have Bremen relegated after 40 years of Bundesliga football indeed was a brilliant move by Schmadtke!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Poor Hamburg started with so much energy and then they concede such a silly goal from a corner.

Oh poor Hamburg :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Poor Hamburg started with so much energy and then they concede such a silly goal from a corner.

Oh poor Hamburg :lol:
Freiburg shows no mercy. Looks like they don't want to repeat the ridiculuous games and extratimes they had in the cup so far. :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Freiburg shows no mercy. Looks like they don't want to repeat the ridiculuous games and extratimes they had in the cup so far. :lol:
It's kind of hard not to score when the opposition's GK sets up your striker with a header on open goal and then plays a build up pass into a pressing attacker, who then gets his shot deflected around the keeper.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Add a silly penalty to the mix. :lol:

If we conveniently ignore the score line I wouldn't necessarily say Freiburg are the better team. Yet they are about to go up 3-0.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Add a silly penalty to the mix. :lol:

If we conveniently ignore the score line I wouldn't necessarily say Freiburg are the better team. Yet they are about to go up 3-0.
Amazing scene indeed. Schlotterbeck slips, misplaces his pass into the heels of his teammate... it bounces back and the Hamburg defender routinely tries to play the ball. Only that Schlotterbeck sits on the pitch and his head is right where the ball should be :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I feel like every time I see Schweinsteiger on TV I appreciate Loddar a little bit more.

Amazing scene indeed. Schlotterbeck slips, misplaces his pass into the heels of his teammate... it bounces back and the Hamburg defender routinely tries to play the ball. Only that Schlotterbeck sits on the pitch and his head is right where the ball should be :lol:

It's an unfortunate situation, but I think the Hamburg player had plenty of time to realize Schlotterbeck's position, so kicking him in the neck was very much avoidable.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I feel like every time I see Schweinsteiger on TV I appreciate Loddar a little bit more.
Not only you... Loddar at least has opinions, Schweinsteiger is just so boring. The love child of Captain Obvious and Mister Nice Guy...

It's an unfortunate situation, but I think the Hamburg player had plenty of time to realize Schlotterbeck's position, so kicking him in the neck was very much avoidable.
It was avoidable, but still a funny scene that Freiburg got the penalty essentially as reward for a total slapstick scene without any Hamburger interfering (until the foul)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
https://www.kicker.de/arminia-bielefeld-trennt-sich-von-trainer-kramer-898877/artikel

Biefeld have sacked their coach, according to Kicker. The timing looks a bit desperate, but maybe they got inspired by Magath's heroics.
Their remaining games look interesting:
- Köln (away) might be the toughest, Köln is fighting to reach the EL
- Hertha (home) must win against a direct rival
- Bochum (away) if nothing surprising happens, the season could be over for Bochum, which might be a chance for Bielefeld
- Leipzig (home) same as Bochum, just that Leipzig might also be focused on EL and cup final

It might be late in the season, but they still have a chance to survive.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Gives me a glimmer of hope that Hertha might actually go down which would be hilarious.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Anti-Schweinsteiger hate crimes are on the rise again:

"DFB Cup evenings and a pundit with analytical intellect and backgrund knowledge belong together. But sometimes there's just Bastian Schweinsteiger standing there."

"There are house plants, which stand there more interestingly than his talking."

"Apparently he's earning five figures with every show, and one has to ask themselves, why the people, who are paying him for it, hate television so much. And I'm also asking myself why I didn't mute him instantly, when the director cut to Schweinsteiger; probably, because I already switch off internally at that point."

https://taz.de/Fussballexperte-der-ARD/!5846568/

Their remaining games look interesting:
- Köln (away) might be the toughest, Köln is fighting to reach the EL
- Hertha (home) must win against a direct rival
- Bochum (away) if nothing surprising happens, the season could be over for Bochum, which might be a chance for Bielefeld
- Leipzig (home) same as Bochum, just that Leipzig might also be focused on EL and cup final

It might be late in the season, but they still have a chance to survive.
I wouldn't be surprised if they win either of these games, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they lose all of them. It's down to momentum and luck at this point.

Last edited:

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Sooo...Leipzig vs. Freiburg it is.

Funny how that goes sometimes. 4 months ago Leipzig was the biggest disappointment of the season, now they're the best German team in 2022 and could win 2 titles before the season is over.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Odds are they would have won anyway, but how they produced that VAR penalty is beyond my comprehension. That was never a clear mistake, especially since Nkunku initiates his fall before contact is even made.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Odds are they would have won anyway, but how they produced that VAR penalty is beyond my comprehension. That was never a clear mistake, especially since Nkunku initiates his fall before contact is even made.
I thought I saw another contact from another angle that started his fall.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sooo...Leipzig vs. Freiburg it is.

Funny how that goes sometimes. 4 months ago Leipzig was the biggest disappointment of the season, now they're the best German team in 2022 and could win 2 titles before the season is over.
Maybe the hype around Tedesco, when he joined Schalke, was true and Schalke were just really a horrible club to manage.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I thought I saw another contact from another angle that started his fall.
There was some slight contact with Nkunkus right foot, but he kept on moving for another step or two after it and if I remember correctly VAR gave Brych the other angle for review.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Just saw this stat, it's a bit mind blowing to me. Points per game of all Leipzig managers in the Bundesliga:

Tedesco 2.27
Nagelsmann 1.94
Rangnick 1.93
Hasenhüttl 1.69
Marsch 1.25

Both their worst and their best manager during the same season, didn't expect the difference to be that big :eek:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Just saw this stat, it's a bit mind blowing to me. Points per game of all Leipzig managers in the Bundesliga:

Tedesco 2.27
Nagelsmann 1.94
Rangnick 1.93
Hasenhüttl 1.69
Marsch 1.25

Both their worst and their best manager during the same season, didn't expect the difference to be that big :eek:
Tedesco is obviously doing much better, but it's also heavily skewed because of the low sample size. Jesse Marsch for example has 4 CL games against City and PSG in his stats, Tedesco on the other hand has a bunch of EL games and cup games against Rostock, Hannover and Berlin.

Last edited:

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wolfsburg, 5:0 behind at half time last week in Dortmund, now 5:0 ahead at half time against Mainz. Funny old game.

Blackwidow

Wolfsburg, 5:0 behind at half time last week in Dortmund, now 5:0 ahead at half time against Mainz. Funny old game.
In this league about everything seems to be possible...

The team with all "nearly" good teams that none is really consistently performing on the same level all through the season. And that is not about injuries (even if they sometimes play a role, too)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The promotion race in the second division :drool:

:drool:
4:1 in the end. That's a return to the top in style.

Meanwhile some early goals in the Bundesliga.

Köln against Bielefeld, Gladbach in Freiburg and Fürth against Leverkusen.

The latter two are a surprise I'd say.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

;) I'm aware that Leverkusen will still win this

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
4:1 in the end. That's a return to the top in style.

It's all so tense: Darmstadt:St. Pauli, St. Pauli: Nürnberg, Schalke:St . Pauli, Nürnberg:Schalke are still to be played. Only Hamburg and Bremen have relatively easy fixtures. The scoreline looks terrible for Schalke, but they actually showed some morale even at 0:4, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to brush this off.

Meanwhile some early goals in the Bundesliga.

Köln against Bielefeld, Gladbach in Freiburg and Fürth against Leverkusen.

The latter two are a surprise I'd say.
Freiburg losing would indeed be disappointing, but if there's a team I could see drop a two goal lead it's Gladbach.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I have sympathy for Freiburg but if they qualify for the CL it's not going to be pretty. They will lose Schlotterbeck and teams like this always tend to struggle a lot if they have the distraction of the CL. Leverkusen is in a much better position to handle the CL somewhat decently.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I have sympathy for Freiburg but if they qualify for the CL it's not going to be pretty. They will lose Schlotterbeck and teams like this always tend to struggle a lot if they have the distraction of the CL. Leverkusen is in a much better position to handle the CL somewhat decently.
Well yes, but they are Leverkusen, so who cares. I'd much prefer to see a club like Freiburg be rewarded with some CL nights for decades worth of consistency, rather than see Leverkusen limp over the finishing line, after every other competitor imploded. It's not like the nation ranking matters these days.

Last edited: