German Football 21/22 | Gladbach sign Farke

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This is the lineup that will turn the tide in the title race. I can see it right before my eyes. All of Reinier's career up to this point has been in anticipation of this match and he will deliver.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This is the lineup that will turn the tide in the title race. I can see it right before my eyes. All of Reinier's career up to this point has been in anticipation of this match and he will deliver.
How does that even look as a lineup?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How does that even look as a lineup?
I have absolutely no idea.

If it wasn't Bayern I'd say
-------Can-------Akanji-------Zagadou
Wolf------Bellingham--Brandt----Guerreiro
-----------Reus---------sweet Jesus our savior
-------------------Haaland

But playing a 2 man midfield of Brandt and Bellingham sounds a bit crazy, so maybe it's just going to be a 4231, with Wolf at RB, Can in DM and Brandt, Reinier, Reus in some attacking midfield 3.

Leave it to Sky to choose Dortmund's 5th and 6th goal against Wolfsburg to try and show attacking patterns :lol:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I have absolutely no idea.

If it wasn't Bayern I'd say
-------Can-------Akanji-------Zagadou
Wolf------Bellingham--Brandt----Guerreiro
-----------Reus---------sweet Jesus our savior
-------------------Haaland

But playing a 2 man midfield of Brandt and Bellingham sounds a bit crazy, so maybe it's just going to be a 4231, with Wolf at RB, Can in DM and Brandt, Reinier, Reus in some attacking midfield 3.

Leave it to Sky to choose Dortmund's 5th and 6th goal against Wolfsburg to try and show attacking patterns :lol:
If i had to bet it would be your second option. 4231 all the way.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Absolutely amazing how often Bayern profits from refereeing mistakes against Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
A clear penalty overlooked by VAR. I never saw it coming.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern officially won the league again, 10th consecutive league victory or whatever.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Musiala is better than Havertz eh.
Possibly. Bayern is still going to miss out on the brightest German talent ;)

Not as if they need it to win another 10 or so in a row anyway

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I reckon they go to 15 in a row before another German team wins it.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Possibly. Bayern is still going to miss out on the brightest German talent ;)

Not as if they need it to win another 10 or so in a row anyway
I'm out of the loop, who's considered the brightest German talent now?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Florian Wirtz
Yes. But @do.ob might disagree. Wirtz still has a quiet game once in a while and do.ob loves consistency. Actually he loves consistency so much that he prefers players who are consistently shit to players who are occasionally great ;)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is it just me or are Augsburg one of the most unlikeable teams in Bundesliga in terms of style? All they ever seem to do is sit back and try to be solid and then Andre Hahn slips through or they get some random penalty just often enough to avoid relegation. It's one thing for Bielefeld to play that way, but Augsburg are in their 11th consecutive top flight season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is it just me or are Augsburg one of the most unlikeable teams in Bundesliga in terms of style? All they ever seem to do is sit back and try to be solid and then Andre Hahn slips through or they get some random penalty just often enough to avoid relegation. It's one thing for Bielefeld to play that way, but Augsburg are in their 11th consecutive top flight season.
It's not just you. Generally I don't like such statements, but I really like to say that Augsburg is just a useless team and I couldn't care less if they just stopped existing.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
They're one of my 3 relegation picks every year and yet they somehow always survive.
Don't know about being unlikeable but they definitely feel like they should be a classic yo-yo club that pays the 2. Bundesliga a visit every now and then.

Looks like they'll survive this season too though...which means the upcoming Hertha-Stuttgart match is going to be huge. I know some people in this forum would probably be very excited about a Hertha vs. HSV relegation battle for obvious reasons but I hope it won't come to that.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
They're one of my 3 relegation picks every year and yet they somehow always survive.
Don't know about being unlikeable but they definitely feel like they should be a classic yo-yo club that pays the 2. Bundesliga a visit every now and then.

Looks like they'll survive this season too though...which means the upcoming Hertha-Stuttgart match is going to be huge. I know some people in this forum would probably be very excited about a Hertha vs. HSV relegation battle for obvious reasons but I hope it won't come to that.
They somehow have gathered so much experience in relegation battles that it just doesn't scare them anymore. They know how to survive, and so they will always finish above clubs that get into panic mode as soon as they get into that fight (like Bremen last season)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They somehow have gathered so much experience in relegation battles that it just doesn't scare them anymore. They know how to survive, and so they will always finish above clubs that get into panic mode as soon as they get into that fight (like Bremen last season)
They are also somewhat stable, because they never ever try to build something with young players (aside from the legendary Ricardo Pepi, of course) or play progressive football.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
In a way they might be part of a bigger trend. Right now we have them in their 11th consecutive season, Mainz has 13 seasons in a row and Freiburg has been around for 12 of 13 seasons (with Union next in line to maybe perform such a feat).
Those types of clubs would usually fail to stay in the Bundesliga for more than 2 or 3 seasons but they've managed to become a regular member even though Leipzig and Hoffenheim should have made it even harder for them to claim a spot.
Just shows how poorly managed those bigger clubs have been that have not been as succesful.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
They are also somewhat stable, because they never ever try to build something with young players (aside from the legendary Ricardo Pepi, of course) or play progressive football.
Exactly.

They are not succesful with that style (unlike Union)
They don't try to build a team for the future (unlike Stuttgart)
They don't create epic drama (unlike Hertha)
They don't try to play entertaining (unlike Köln).
Just to compare to a few teams of similar status.

They are just useless.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
The only thing that needs to change is the BL should apply an equal share of TV broadcast revenue between all clubs, rather than the larger share going to the bigger clubs, similar to what it is in the EPL. That would go a long way to reduce disparity.

Another thing which the writer for some reason doesn't mention is that Covid hit the BL a lot more than other leagues because 1) They had lockdowns for longer than other leagues, it's only now that BL clubs have been allowed to have full capacity while the EPL had full capacity from the start of this season and 2) Due to 50+1, they can't get bailouts from their rich owners.
How is the TV money being shared in Bundesliga currently vs the EPL? Is there a chart that shows the different amount each Bundesliga team gets and the amount each EPL team gets at end of every season from TV rights

I brought this post from a different thread so it doesn't get drowned in their own discussion.

What I saw from swissramble a few years ago is shown below. The difference between the first and 4th is 20M. Where I think Bayern kills the commercial income

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
How is the TV money being shared in Bundesliga currently vs the EPL? Is there a chart that shows the different amount each Bundesliga team gets and the amount each EPL team gets at end of every season from TV rights

I brought this post from a different thread so it doesn't get drowned in their own discussion.

What I saw from swissramble a few years ago is shown below. The difference between the first and 4th is 20M. Where I think Bayern kills the commercial income

There is a big difference between 1st and 20th and by my knowledge I think the TV revenue is distributed equally within the EPL. It's thankfully not nearly as bad as the La Liga, where I think they negotiate themselves rather than jointly.

EDIT: The EPL is not actually fully equal but 50% of domestic and 100% of foreign revenue is, there is less disparity between the teams though compared to the BL