German Football 22/23 | 2. Bundesliga returns | Hamburg vs Schalke 20:30 |

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Brandt is so underrated
You need to watch the whole 90 minutes with Brandt, not just the highlights.

Even journalists mock Hoffenheim fans...

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Dumb action by Kabak, should probably have been a penalty.

avgp_1

Calm down a bit. He clearly is a great talent, but keep in mind that Viktoria Köln is a third-division team (and somewhere mid table level there) and not the level of competition a "next Mbappe" would need to play against to prove himself.
Yeah ofcourse Its hyperbole, only seen his YouTube comps tbh but he has some serious talent this fella. Has it all to prove as you rightly say

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This ref is losing the plot. Wild calls in both directions.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You need to watch the whole 90 minutes with Brandt, not just the highlights.
Why? Isn't he often the start for an opposition highlight and therefore included? :devil:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why? Isn't he often the start for an opposition highlight and therefore included? :devil:
Fair point, but he also likes to kill attacks as they are just about to reach the highlight level. :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

How? They actually looked at it for about a minute.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
The league leaders travel to the second placed club with an exceptional home record and it doesn't even make the thread title?

Union deserve a bit more credit than that. :)
This is going to be a good test for them to see how mature they are at this point. They obviously are several tiers below Bayern player-wise but if Munich doesn't take an early lead this could turn into an interesting game.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I honored Union's achievements by not predicting my usual 4:0 Bayern win but going down to a mere 3:0. Lets see if they can do me proud...

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I honored Union's achievements by not predicting my usual 4:0 Bayern win but going down to a mere 3:0. Lets see if they can do me proud...
On a weird note, Union have lost 3 of their last 40 home games: Bayern, Dortmund aaaaand....Augsburg? All the way back in September 2020 though so I'll blame that one on Covid. ^^

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I know they set the bar very low for themselves, but Dortmund have already kept one more clean sheet this year than in the entire first half of last season. Only four more to go to equalize last season's overall record. :nervous:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I guess I wronged them here :)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's the point of this league, when Union are so much better than anyone else?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's going on here? :lol:

Freiburg and Union stay on top of the table.
Bayern keep struggling to score.
Bochum keeps going for the Schalke award, yet even after 0 points from 5 games they are still within 3 points of midtable.
Leverkusen "somehow" keep conceding buckets of goals, despite their highly rated defense.
Bremen with the late goals again.
Wolfsburg are trying to vindicate Kohfeldt.

avgp_1

Union did a great job there. Today Bayern did look like missing Lewa, no focal point upfront?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
17-3 goals, but only 3 wins out of 5 :lol:
Today was pretty much what i expected us to look like for quite a bit after Lewandowski, but we already have seen we can do better. Too much rotation today, especially leaving out Müller from the front 4.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm beginning to think this Götze lad might be a good footballer. Kolo Muani has shown some nice stuff, too - especially considering he came on a free.

Today was pretty much what i expected us to look like for quite a bit after Lewandowski, but we already have seen we can do better. Too much rotation today, especially leaving out Müller from the front 4.
They need Dortmund's winning mentality. 8-4 goals, 4 wins out of 5!

Blackwidow

In my eyes the mix of the offensives is important especially without dedicated striker. Gnabry, Müller, Mane and Musiala from the first weeks was ideal without dedicated box-to-box player.

Eintracht leading 2:0 is fine. I hope it stays like this.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I see my boy got himself an assist 4 minutes after being subbed on. Shame Leverkusen do not know how to defend properly. Going to be fun following this team this season.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think we're finally seeing Tedesco's hand writing with this Leipzig side. Good stuff.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Can we stop this meaningless talk about Leipzig and Frankfurt and focus instead on the top match in Germany's best league?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leipzig 11th
Leverkusen 13th
Wolfsburg 16th

Now all that's missing is Hoffenheim getting recycled down from their 6th place and wel'll have a clean top half.

Tedesco just said that when you're playing three different systems [during this match] and it's still not working then the problem has to be mentality and (lack of) basics. Let's hope he doesn't lose the dressing room with talk like that.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

I know they set the bar very low for themselves, but Dortmund have already kept one more clean sheet this year than in the entire first half of last season. Only four more to go to equalize last season's overall record. :nervous:
Two of those three included Özcan as DM. Might be coincidence, but I feel like he could really prove to be the missing piece in Dortmunds midfield to control games. Is a true fighter there and has the awareness to allow someone like Bellingham to go on a run without losing the tactical shape.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Two of those three included Özcan as DM. Might be coincidence, but I feel like he could really prove to be the missing piece in Dortmunds midfield to control games. Is a true fighter there and has the awareness to allow someone like Bellingham to go on a run without losing the tactical shape.
I don't think he's been doing spectacular stuff individually and it's only been 2 games, but you're right that he's filling a role that has been sort of missing, ever since Witsel tore his achilles tendon and lost whatever pace he had left. Only Dahoud comes close, but in the end he's more of a box2box player, than a real holding midfielder.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't think he's been doing spectacular stuff individually and it's only been 2 games, but you're right that he's filling a role that has been sort of missing, ever since Witsel tore his achilles tendon and lost whatever pace he had left. Only Dahoud comes close, but in the end he's more of a box2box player, than a real holding midfielder.
Exactly, Özcan is rarely doing flashy stuff, but he does what is necessary. Something a lot of Dortmund players seem to miss at times. And it looks like he dares to remind them of this as well. Quite happy to see that as he really impressed me last season and I feared he wouldn't be able to replicate his performances in Dortmund

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I thought it wasn't allowed for refrees to officiate teams from their own state, let alone someone from a rival city?
Commentary mentioned he's from Maichingen (where I worked recently). It's like 15km to Stuttgart downtown

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I thought it wasn't allowed for refrees to officiate teams from their own state, let alone someone from a rival city?
That rule was temporarily canceled during covid to avoid unnecessary travel and as far as I know they want to keep it that way. It's unclear whether that would also allow refs to officiate games in their home town or if it'll only be on a state level.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He seems like a twat, but Heuer Fernandes is a very interesting keeper. Sweeping all game, good shot stopping, decent control of his area and an excellent passer of the ball. Still 'only' 29

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That rule was temporarily canceled during covid to avoid unnecessary travel and as far as I know they want to keep it that way. It's unclear whether that would also allow refs to officiate games in their home town or if it'll only be on a state level.
There are so many refs around, sounds strange to me that they wouldn't keep it that way. I'm not saying these guys can't be objective at work, but it still leaves a bad taste in your mouth, when you have a referee, who screws you over and then you look him up and you have to assume he's a rival fan.

arthurka

Loved Freiburgs comeback today, they are seriously good at set pieces. Top of the table, got to love it.