Germany 13 : 1 Argentina Portugal France Brazil

Ysbergsla

They didn't play Spain.

Also Holland is 7 -1 vs Spain Chili and Argentina. Even more impressive right?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I know Brazil scored one but what was the second goal?

Edit: oh i see you changed the thread title to 1 goal against Germany. It's not even flattered by the way.

Last edited:

dinners85

My Bad for saying Spain for whatever reason.

13:1 was the stat they gave on the radio for Germany v Argentina / Brazil / France / Portugal

I guess you could add / remove other games to make it better or worse but I guess those 4 names (and the score) helped to drive home the point as they're teams people will know and respect as top teams.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
My Bad for saying Spain for whatever reason.

13:1 was the stat they gave on the radio for Germany v Argentina / Brazil / France / Portugal

I guess you could add / remove other games to make it better or worse but I guess those 4 names (and the score) helped to drive home the point as they're teams people will know and respect as top teams.
the score against argentina was 0-0

only in over time you scored one goal

anchan1989

This German team will go down as one of the best teams in the history of the game.
The legends of the names will only grow.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Well it was a deserved WC win, but this statistic is pretty useless. 11 of the 13 goals were against Brazil and Portugal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Germany and Holland were the 2 best teams. Argies can be proud obviously. Everyone else will be abit gutted with there performance (Apart from Costa Rica, USA etc)

Lyricist

Count the last 3 big tournaments ('10 '12 '14) and look at the big games Germany had to play:

Germany 4-1 England
Germany 4-0 Argentina
Germany 1-0 Portugal
Germany 2-1 Netherlands
Germany 4-0 Portugal
Germany 1-0 France
Germany 7-1 Brazil
Germany 1-0 Argentina

Germany 0-1 Spain
Germany 1-2 Italy

Last edited:

Eriksen

Oh god, here comes the irritating wankfest over Germany. It's going to be unbearable for a while. Last team most people in the UK wanted to win the tournament, surely?

insideman

amazingly bitter? ok

please point me to the posts were i'm acting that way
Maybe because you made like 100 posts since the end of the game complaining about the Neuer/Higuain incident?

It's actually funny, i was really surprised how many people were saying it should be a penalty and possibly a red card, until i realized it were only like three guys, including you, who were just writing dozens of posts about it one after another, making it appear like the majority would think that way ;)

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Maybe because you made like 100 posts since the end of the game complaining about the Neuer/Higuain incident?

It's actually funny, i was really surprised how many people were saying it should be a penalty and possibly a red card, until i realized it were only like three guys, including you, who were just writing dozens of posts about it one after another, making it appear like the majority would think that way ;)
now point me to the post were i said it was possible a penalty and a red card

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
This German team will go down as one of the best teams in the history of the game.
The legends of the names will only grow.
Only because they hammered a very poor fit Portugal and a very bad Brazilian team? The final had 2 teams and Argentina could had won the cup, actually they had more occasions, I saw Argentina playing like a team and that's the reason they went to the final, but yes the German team played better since they play as a team for 10 years and Argentina started playing as a team after the group stages.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

now point me to the post were i said it was possible a penalty and a red card
didnt think you would

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They won it fair and square. Kudos and congrats and all that.

But this is not one of the best teams in history. If so, Argentina were a hell of a sight better than most seem to give them credit for.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
anchan went a bit over board yesterday :lol:. I think he posted in pretty much every German player thread a 'one of the best of all time' comment, so it makes sense that he believes the team overall is up there as well. Still, it's an incredible achievement, beating Brazil and Argentina in the semifinal and final of a World Cup in South America is huge. Not sure if this German team gets the credit they deserve at the moment. Everyone is so busy criticising Messi and ridiculing Brazil. I really hope we can follow it up with an even better performance at the Euro in two years, so that this generation is seen in an even better light. It's an amazing team and they overcame a lot of problems on their way, including countless injuries to key players.

Zen

Until they beat Spain, I can't take them seriously.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Germany 11:1 Brazil/Portugal in a World Cup is as impressive as it gets. What the hell two 1-0 wins add to it? Any World Champion will need those.

Cantonarightboot

Count the last 3 big tournaments ('10 '12 '14) and look at the big games Germany had to play:

Germany 4-1 England
Germany 4-0 Argentina
Germany 1-0 Portugal
Germany 2-1 Netherlands
Germany 4-0 Portugal
Germany 7-1 Brazil
Germany 1-0 Argentina

Germany 0-1 Spain
Germany 1-2 Italy
thats an absolutely incredible line up of results!! :eek::wenger:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Adding France and Argentina makes it that little bit more impressive.
I don't think it does, particularly considering both were very tough wins for them, won by the smallest margin possible. It's a disservice to two teams who actually could deal with Germany to some extent to mix them with the trainwreck that Brazil and Portugal were. If it had bean a load of 3-0 I'd understand.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don't think it does, particularly considering both were very tough wins for them, won by the smallest margin possible. It's a disservice to two teams who actually could deal with Germany to some extent to mix them with the trainwreck that Brazil and Portugal were. If it had bean a load of 3-0 I'd understand.
I was trying to be kind to Portugal. :nervous:

But seriously, if you didn't know the results, other than Germany won the tournament, but you knew they beat those four teams scoring 13 goals and allowing one in the process you'd be fairly fecking impressed.

anchan1989

Only because they hammered a very poor fit Portugal and a very bad Brazilian team? The final had 2 teams and Argentina could had won the cup, actually they had more occasions, I saw Argentina playing like a team and that's the reason they went to the final, but yes the German team played better since they play as a team for 10 years and Argentina started playing as a team after the group stages.
Come on man. What else can a team do to become one of the best ever?
7:1 against Brazil, 4:0 against Ronaldo, beating Messi in the final.
And they did things like that in the 2010 WC with England and Argentina, they have this great run since 2008 and so on. And they have, as I mentioned, the big names.
They are one of the best teams ever.
I never said "the best".

anchan went a bit over board yesterday :lol:. I think he posted in pretty much every German player thread a 'one of the best of all time' comment, so it makes sense that he believes the team overall is up there as well. Still, it's an incredible achievement, beating Brazil and Argentina in the semifinal and final of a World Cup in South America is huge. Not sure if this German team gets the credit they deserve at the moment. Everyone is so busy criticising Messi and ridiculing Brazil. I really hope we can follow it up with an even better performance at the Euro in two years, so that this generation is seen in an even better light. It's an amazing team and they overcame a lot of problems on their way, including countless injuries to key players.
Haha, yes, the moment of greatness got to me. :D
But Lahm, Neuer, Kroos and Müller are well on course to become all time greats.
And Mario; what can I say.
I bet on him to be the next big thing.
I also think that this win gets Schweinsteiger and Co., the big names, a huge world wide boost. I think that they are rated as megaplayers now by most fans around the world.
And that is the best part of all. Such a nice bunch of players who deserve it.