Gerrard’s Slip or Karius tonight?

RD76

Both stopped horrible things from happening, but the slip was absolutely beautiful justice.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Karius. What gives last nights debacle the edge over Gerrard is that after the final whistle, we then saw the guy left entirely own his own for a good ten minutes before ANY of his Liverpool "You'll never walk alone" teammates or coaching staff went near him.

He then wandered around the pitch, guess what? ALONE for 15 minutes more.

I can't believe they have been singing that song for 50 years or whatever and it turns out it was all bullsh1t.
That's just sad, funnily enough I don't think that you can compete at that level on a consistent basis with that type of attitude. You can't leave a teammate alone.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
As mentioned in another thread I found the Gerard slip funny/good banter.

Karius touched me on a sports athlete level on some of the harsh realities of sport. Part of me wished he made some incredible saves to follow it up or something

rotherham_red

Gerrard. And so easily too.

His chest thumping and great leader act in the build up made that moment all the sweeter. Plus his history of being an absolute cnut on and off the pitch who never took responsibility for his actions meant that he could have lost his firstborn on the pitch and barely any of us would have given a shit.

Karius, on the other hand, was just an earnest idiot. You knew the moment was coming where he'd feck up, you just didn't know when it would be. It's a personal shame and dare I say, a tragedy for him that it came on the highest of stages and if anything I genuinely feel sorry for him.

Liverpool don't really have any really dislikeable players now with the possible exception of Henderson or maybe Firmino who has a little undercurrent of annoying fanny coarsing through his veins but nothing objectionable.

The rest just seem a little vanilla, and the likes of Mane and Salah are genuinely humble guys who are damn good players, and who I would genuinely have loved us to get in the case of the former, and in hindsight, the latter too.

Josep Dowling

Karius’s mistakes tops it. To make two awful mistakes in the biggest game of his career.

I can’t believe he just rolled the ball straight at Benzema.

Even more hilarious that everyone has been saying they need a new goalkeeper. He then had a ok run at the end of the season and all the Liverpool fans were trying to convince us he was good enough :lol:. I can’t see him every recovering from that. He will be back to Germany in the summer. Unfortunately that’s means Liverpool will finally address their biggest weakness.

Josep Dowling

Gerrard without doubt.

For him to have his little camera moment at the end of the City game, gathering all the players on the pitch, and actually using the words "We don't let this slip!"..........only for him to literally go and fecking slip and land on his arse.... you can't write that. He could have said "We have to keep going" or "We'll win this".....but he actually said slip. I still laugh thinking about it.
The more you think about it the funnier it gets. :lol:

LInkash

I never watched that league game so it's Karius by default for me, funniest football moment I've ever seen live.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think that Karius, Bale and Ramos have all joined Slippy G in the RedCafe Hall of Fame now.

Rameses

Gerrard without a doubt - for many reasons.

Gerrard lost Liverpool the title - Real would have won this game anyway

I don't mind Karius - and he didn't deserve this. Noone in Liverpool really blåmes Gerrard for that slip - everyone will blame Karius for these mistakes

And it's just the ironi - "da MAN" as Carragher called him - cost them the title. Priceless - yesterday was just funny.
The build up to the Gérard game was enormous, with Liverpool having won eleven games in a row, all the media running several nostalgic articles, and the Pool fans at their snobbiest since the invention the Web. Karius was funny when it happened but after the match it feels tragic

Red Royal

Gerard for sure, the hype around the game, 1st league title for 100 years, the day Moysey was banished from our club ..even that You was involved. It was beautiful.

Karius was of course great to see but I think Real would ha e done them anyhow. :lol:

hobbers

Had Karius delivered a rousing team speech caught on camera where he said something like "WE WILL NOT DROP THE BALL HERE", then maybe.

Otherwise, slippy G all day every day :lol:

Could have been a pro

The slip still haunts Gerrard every day apparently, which is nice.

Everything about that was beautiful. The whole buildup with the nauseating media lauding the champions elect. The Gerrard huddle where he wanted the cameras on his little team talk about not letting it slip. Liverpool just needing to draw against a defensive Chelsea that were quite happy with a draw too. Literally slipping after specifically stating that they shouldn't slip :lol: Then Crystanbul was a spectacular failure having been 3 nil up, ending with a crying Suarez and Gerrard pushing the camera away, not wanting the limelight then huh?

Ah, memories.

Camilo

Gerrard by a mile. Utterly hilarious.

I just feel sorry for Karius - he was never good enough and should never have been playing for a team like Liverpool.

JPRouve

Scout
[QUOTE="JPRouve, post: 22589220, member: 84732"You can't leave a teammate alone.

I doubt he'll be a teammate for long.
That's not the point and that's not their decision. They live and work with him every day, there is a minimum to expect, not every players have to be good with each others but out of +20 players in a good locker room at least a couple would have come to him.

Camilo

That's not the point and that's not their decision. They live and work with him every day, there is a minimum to expect, not every players have to be good with each others but out of +20 players in a good locker room at least a couple would have come to him.
And I'm sure a couple did, but I wouldn't blame any player who wanted nothing more to do with him after such amateurish display in the biggest match any of them had ever played. There's a point where everyone just thinks "feck this".

Schneckerl

Think you might be the only United fan thinking that !
Cool so I might be the only United fan actually thinking at all.

It's more likely that they keep him (that's what United should want right) if he just fecks up once, so what was the 2nd one good for if they lost anyways?

Gerrard's also a dick, don't mind Karius and he won't be a Liverpool player for life that's a given.

JPRouve

Scout
And I'm sure a couple did, but I wouldn't blame any player who wanted nothing more to do with him after such amateurish display in the biggest match any of them had ever played. There's a point where everyone just thinks "feck this".
Your support for Liverpool disgusts me, it's a terrible club just accept it.:D

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Gerrard, simply because in the previous game he organised a huddle and told everyone one not to let the title slip in front of millions of viewers, only for him to then slip, it was a truly magical moment.

Karius was funny in his own right of course and I laughed my ass off at both, but Gerrard will always have to relieve that moment every time he goes to sleep knowing that was his biggest chance at taking his league title count from 0 to 1, he truly and immeasurably fecked it.

Toni's Left Foot

The slip because.......................................................................................Gerrard!

Any gifs about including both? Need to wind up some scousers on twitter.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
You know karius is going to leave, and whoever he joins Liverpool will eventually meet up with in the final and he'll have the game of his life.

SER19

Can somebody combine these two magical moments in a gif, where Benzema is removed and Karius throw out hits the slipping Gerrard on the head, who then does his hilarious scramble after it.

jem

Gerrard without doubt.

For him to have his little camera moment at the end of the City game, gathering all the players on the pitch, and actually using the words "We don't let this slip!"..........only for him to literally go and fecking slip and land on his arse.... you can't write that. He could have said "We have to keep going" or "We'll win this".....but he actually said slip. I still laugh thinking about it.
My favourite non-United moment :lol:

Robertd0803

Gerrards because its Gerrard and he deserved the misfortune and it was karma for his blatant giving the ball away to Drogba a few years earlier.

Karius besides playing for Liverpool I dont really have much reason to dislike while Gerrard is Gerrard and you know it haunts him to this day. Watching him slumped in his chair last night just made it sweeter.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If Karius and said last week
"Lads, we do not throw this against Benzema legs and let him score and we do not let Bale's shot go through my flappy wrists."

Then it might match
"Lads, we do not let this slip."
:lol: + the last Karius flapp was unnecessary and it became just sad, they would have lost with just the one. The slip however was perfect humor all the way

JeffBoomTetris

G E R R A R D

Karius is just a kid whose mistakes won't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Liverpool slipping up, literally, thanks to Mr. Liverpool is something that shall be written in the history books in golden letters

BarcaSpurs

Liverpool win the league without that slip whilst Real would still probably have beaten a salah-less Liverpool anyway