Get behind the manager and club

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
My word we don't half have a bunch on moany self entitled brats in our fanbase. 4 wins from 8 isn't amazing but neither is it disastrous. We're 5pts behind Chelsea having played a game less than them and also above City.

We've lost 3 games. Okay not great but look at the context of them. 2 of the 3 defeats we've had you can easily put down to fitness. Palace (loss), Brighton (win) n Spurs (loss) were all far sharper than we were and it was clearly evident. We were fortunate to beat Brighton too of course. The PL did us no favours with the start to the season. Same applies to City. Only half of our squad even played a bleeding friendly ffs. How is that fair? I think Palace played 2 friendlies, 1 league game and 1 Carabao cup game before we played them. How is that fair in any world? We were massively up against it as I said we were going to be when I made the article about resting players in the Europa League in July. We'd already secured CL football at Leicester. We should have sent Bruno and a few other key players on their holidays and forgot all about the EL. Would have been nice to win but it wasn't a priority. You win the EL to get back in the CL not to parade down the streets.

And putting the schedule aside for a second....we've also had our captain arrested, players testing positive for Covid, Mason losing a close friend to suicide among other issues. And not only all that....Ed Woodward has once again messed up another window at the club. Seriously that guy has more lives than a cat. How on earth he still has his job is beyond me. People talk about Ole being out of his depth....Jesus christ. What does that make Woodward then? He's a disaster.

Has it been a great start? Not at all. But all things considered it's been far from the disaster some fans are painting it to be. We're already among the chasing pack for top 4 and we've barely got going so far this season. The best is yet to come for us. Win the next 2 and we'll be right up there and that's a lot earlier than we were up there last season.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Exactly, its not been pretty, but its been and going to continue to be a bloody weird season, and we are still in touch of the leading pack, its early days, no need to panic just yet!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've been far from happy with how things have started but we're 5 points off top 4 with a game in hand, for any dreamers we're 7 off top spot with a game in hand, this season definitely isn't a lost cause by any stretch.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Glad I'm not the only one. So many things have gone against us (as listed above) and we're still up there. We will get better.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Won't ever win a league title again under these owners. They are so incompetent it's a joke.
Don't give two hoots if he's crap or world class for France. No idea why people even bring that up anyway. He's absolutely average beyond words when he plays for us. That's all I care about.
5 and half PL games and zero goals. Just not good enough.

Rashford not playing great either although he has scored 7 goals so far this season in all comps including a CL hatrick.

And don't get me started on Mata. He should be playing MLS football. He's finished at this level. Doesn't do anything.
There's literally hundreds of players in Europe we could have got for less than £50m who are better than he is.

Being a brilliant slide tackler doesn't make you a brilliant player. He's got literally no other strings to his bow.

Awful signing.
Like you do? As i know, players and owners are club too, not just manager

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Like you do? As i know, players and owners are club too, not just manager
I get behind the club as in on the pitch. Nobody is behind us as a club off the pitch so you're clutching at straws massively there mate.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I get behind the club as in on the pitch. Nobody is behind us as a club off the pitch so you're clutching at straws massively there mate.
So you think disappointment in performances and managerial performance means we are't supporting the team week in week out? I'm confused by what you mean by "get behind the club" in that sense?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Isn't this just another thread destined to pit everyone against each other? Calling people who maybe don't share the same opinion as you as 'moany self entitled brats' is an immediately annoying thing in itself.

Ultimately, we've done ok over the last two seasons all things considering but things need to kick on. If that opinion means I am a 'moany self entitled brat' then so be it.

this season definitely isn't a lost cause by any stretch.
No it's not. Still all there for the taking and I want to see us taking a bite out of the apple of possibility!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So you think disappointment in performances and managerial performance means we are't supporting the team week in week out? I'm confused by what you mean by "get behind the club" in that sense?
There's quite a few valid reasons (stated above) for our stuttering start but it doesn't fit with the Ole out agenda. Do you not think Ole has had a lot go against him in the last few months? Never quite known a more turbulent off season and start to the season for us. He's been let down by the PL/schedule and some of his players.

Criticising individual performances is fine and of course Ole will make mistakes too. Every manager does. But our fans seem hell bent on having a permanent toxic cloud over the club. It needs to stop.

And as for somebody bringing Pogba up??? That guy wants out. I'm not defending players who don't even try and want to leave. Everyone else deserves a chance. He can go wherever he likes. We don't need him.

Zlatattack

This sort of "get behind the club" message is as lame as clapping for the NHS.

We are pretty stagnent as a team, we can't break down the low block, we have no attacking intent down the right and we have to choose our midfield to protect our defence and we keep buying players who are not quite right. This has been true for a long time. Criticism of this team, the manager and the way the club is run in general is fair.

Crashoutcassius

Oles time has been the best we have had in years in my view. We are under no pressure to replace him, fans try to create urgency say 'before it's too late' or whatever but it is rubbish. Many fans biggest fear is that we improve from here under ole, so their urgency is that he doesn't get time to improve.

There are outcomes this season that should get ole the sack - but in my book he has earned the right to go through the season and see if he can hit those targets

Kajus

You're making sense. That's not acceptable around here.

PE Teacher bwahh bwahhh bwahhhhh

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There's quite a few valid reasons (stated above) for our stuttering start but it doesn't fit with the Ole out agenda. Do you not think Ole has had a lot go against him in the last few months? Never quite known a more turbulent off season and start to the season for us. He's been let down by the PL/schedule and some of his players.
All of that is true.

Personally, I'd prefer a "cut the fecker some slack, this is not an ordinary season by any stretch" kind of thread, though.

Rather than the old "get behind 'em!" message - which is bound to simply piss off a considerable number of members (who have heard it all before - since Moyes).

romufc

We are pretty stagnent as a team, we can't break down the low block, we have no attacking intent down the right and we have to choose our midfield to protect our defence and we keep buying players who are not quite right. This has been true for a long time. Criticism of this team, the manager and the way the club is run in general is fair.
That is what a midfield should be though, protect the defence. I would be surprised if you can find me one successful team that had midfield and attack that didnt protect the defence.

Flexdegea

My word we don't half have a bunch on moany self entitled brats in our fanbase. 4 wins from 8 isn't amazing but neither is it disastrous. We're 5pts behind Chelsea having played a game less than them and also above City.

We've lost 3 games. Okay not great but look at the context of them. 2 of the 3 defeats we've had you can easily put down to fitness. Palace (loss), Brighton (win) n Spurs (loss) were all far sharper than we were and it was clearly evident. We were fortunate to beat Brighton too of course. The PL did us no favours with the start to the season. Same applies to City. Only half of our squad even played a bleeding friendly ffs. How is that fair? I think Palace played 2 friendlies, 1 league game and 1 Carabao cup game before we played them. How is that fair in any world? We were massively up against it as I said we were going to be when I made the article about resting players in the Europa League in July. We'd already secured CL football at Leicester. We should have sent Bruno and a few other key players on their holidays and forgot all about the EL. Would have been nice to win but it wasn't a priority. You win the EL to get back in the CL not to parade down the streets.

And putting the schedule aside for a second....we've also had our captain arrested, players testing positive for Covid, Mason losing a close friend to suicide among other issues. And not only all that....Ed Woodward has once again messed up another window at the club. Seriously that guy has more lives than a cat. How on earth he still has his job is beyond me. People talk about Ole being out of his depth....Jesus christ. What does that make Woodward then? He's a disaster.

Has it been a great start? Not at all. But all things considered it's been far from the disaster some fans are painting it to be. We're already among the chasing pack for top 4 and we've barely got going so far this season. The best is yet to come for us. Win the next 2 and we'll be right up there and that's a lot earlier than we were up there last season.

Couldnt have said it better.

Some folk carrying on like it's the end days of Jose or moyes rein which was totally shambolic. Either cant remember them times, too emotional or maybe an agenda

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It’s funny how so many of your fans manage to consider United the biggest club in the world, yet at the same time display the same ambition a club like Everton has.
You‘re too bad. Too bad for your investment, too bad for your history and too bad for your standing in the world. Stop defending people who put in a bad job and demand more.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Plenty of teams are struggling against the low block this season. Having no fans in stadiums is contributing to this a bit as well I reckon. The away wins are well up from usual across the league.

Nothing on the right? I agree. But didn't Ole want 2 players in the summer who can play there? Did he get either of them? Nope. And Mason who played there last season is having a bad time of it off the pitch through no fault of his own.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Get behind the club.. well.. not the club club, the club on the pitch, that club.
I'm not getting behind the Glazers or Woodward pal. No chance. They don't deserve any support so im not sure where you're going with that one. Just sound a bit pathetic there.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We try to get behind Ole and the club and then we come on here to vent about how futile it is. Obviously it hasn’t been an option this year but Old Trafford has never properly turned on any of the managers or the team, certainly not Ole. Even Woodward has gotten off lightly all things considered.

OleBoiii

I fully support every part of that topic.

But you're speaking to deaf ears. Nearly 50% in here want Ole out, with a large portion of them having changed their mind after our start to the season. Prepare for the following poor arguments:

"But the net spend!"
"But he's got more time than Moyes and Van Gaal now!"
"But he's only proved his worth with Molde and the United reserves prior to this!"
"But I can't see a clear philosophy!"

BlueHaze

It’s funny how so many of your fans manage to consider United the biggest club in the world, yet at the same time display the same ambition a club like Everton has.
You‘re too bad. Too bad for your investment, too bad for your history and too bad for your standing in the world. Stop defending people who put in a bad job and demand more.
And there's many of us who agree with what you said believe me..

The apathy from our fanbase is a worry in itself.

Too many constantly making excuses because their standards have dropped, sadly.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We don't play in a mickey mouse league like you lot where all the other clubs pull their pants down and say "all yours Bayern".

There's no quick fix to this mess as we've found out several times already. And what's funniest is the man a lot of these Ole outers want to come in, Poch, is kind of being shown up by the man we sacked right now. Spurs are sitting top of the league in case you hadn't noticed.

Ole deserves the season. He finished 3rd in his fist full season and nobody could have expected more. If we come 5th or lower then fair enough. Then there's a decision to be made. But we're 8 games in and right among the pack.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm not getting behind the Glazers or Woodward pal. No chance. They don't deserve any support so im not sure where you're going with that one. Just sound a bit pathetic there.
I'm curious as to why you mention the manager, the club, but not the players?

Shouldn't we get behind them too?

After all they're the ones on the pitch letting Ole down (cause it's not his fault after all) so maybe if they did their damn jobs properly our blameless leader wouldn't be in this situation!

BlueHaze

Btw something highly irritating with this forum is when supporters go against each other and say "your not a real fan" and other rubbish statements along those lines.

These past 8 seasons have been the worst period in decades for the club.

Every single person on here that constantly posts regardless of opinion is a true fan.

People are opinionated because they care, because they love the club.

So drop that bs, it's tedious and embarrassing.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
We don't play in a mickey mouse league like you lot where all the other clubs pull their pants down and say "all yours Bayern".

There's no quick fix to this mess as we've found out several times already. And what's funniest is the man a lot of these Ole outers want to come in, Poch, is kind of being shown up by the man we sacked right now. Spurs are sitting top of the league in case you hadn't noticed.

Ole deserves the season. He finished 3rd in his fist full season and nobody could have expected more. If we come 5th or lower then fair enough. Then there's a decision to be made. But we're 8 games in and right among the pack.
The absence of a quick fix is not a valid reason to keep employing personal that’s not up to the task and keep giving them time. Longterm planning with bad personal is the worst thing you can do.

romufc

Too many constantly making excuses because their standards have dropped, sadly.
So what you are doing about it? coming onto this forum to voice your displeasure? have a go at people who want to support the manager?

Standards have not dropped, quality has and it takes guts to say, we are not where we want to be right now but this is how we can change

Instead of saying "But we are Manutd?" what does that mean? We are not the same club we were 8 years ago.

People need to realise this is the PL, not any mickey mouse league where only one teams wins regardless of manager / players.

romufc

The absence of a quick fix is not a valid reason to keep employing personal that’s not up to the task and keep giving them time. Longterm planning with bad personal is the worst thing you can do.
Did you think Hansi Flick was the long term option before Kovac was sacked?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I mean, you can argue that Ole has the same difficulties as everyone else in the league, and the likes of Mourinho, Rodgers, Bielsa, Lampard etc. have all coped better.
No one is saying that this season isn't turbulent, but they are disappointed with managerial performances in spite of that. Why is this "toxic"? We shouldn't be happy for the sake of it.
Criticising individual performances is fine and of course Ole will make mistakes too. Every manager does. But our fans seem hell bent on having a permanent toxic cloud over the club. It needs to stop.
What needs to stop, evaluating the manager? Ole was praised to no end vs PSG, vs Leipzig. He's then crticized after swinging the other way. And it's happened on/off for 2 years, not just this season. It's not toxicity, it's the level where posters think inconsistency is too much for a club like ours.
And as for somebody bringing Pogba up??? That guy wants out. I'm not defending players who don't even try and want to leave. Everyone else deserves a chance. He can go wherever he likes. We don't need him.
I didn't bring up Pogba?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm curious as to why you mention the manager, the club, but not the players?

Shouldn't we get behind them too?

After all they're the ones on the pitch letting Ole down (cause it's not his fault after all) so maybe if they did their damn jobs properly our blameless leader wouldn't be in this situation!
The players definitely deserve criticism. I criticise them regularly. Don't call for their heads though.

The only player I want gone is Pogba because he doesn't try and he doesn't want to be here. If he did he wouldn't be an issue either.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The players definitely deserve criticism. I criticise them regularly. Don't call for their heads though.

The only player I want gone is Pogba because he doesn't try and he doesn't want to be here. If he did he wouldn't be an issue either.
So why didn't you say we should get behind the players too?

it's interesting that the players deserve criticism but the manager doesn't, isn't it?

BlueHaze

So what you are doing about it? coming onto this forum to voice your displeasure? have a go at people who want to support the manager?

Standards have not dropped, quality has and it takes guts to say, we are not where we want to be right now but this is how we can change

Instead of saying "But we are Manutd?" what does that mean? We are not the same club we were 8 years ago.

People need to realise this is the PL, not any mickey mouse league where only one teams wins regardless of manager / players.
Never had a go at anyone supporting any manager. I respect all opinions. And yes I use this place to voice my displeasure about many things and will carry on doing so in a respectful manner because many things are wrong with this club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I mean, you can argue that Ole has the same difficulties as everyone else in the league, and the likes of Mourinho, Rodgers, Bielsa, Lampard etc. have all coped better.
No one is saying that this season isn't turbulent, but they are disappointed with managerial performances in spite of that. Why is this "toxic"? We shouldn't be happy for the sake of it.

What needs to stop, evaluating the manager? Ole was praised to no end vs PSG, vs Leipzig. He's then crticized after swinging the other way. And it's happened on/off for 2 years, not just this season. It's not toxicity, it's the level where posters think inconsistency is too much for a club like ours.

I didn't bring up Pogba?
No, i know you didn't. As for the somebody who brought him up was what I meant.