Get there early tonight...

didsbury1982

Everyone is being searched before they go in tonight apparently. Obviously this won't happen but I'd imagine the turnstiles will be busier than normal close to kick off.

AgainstAllOdds

Planning to get there around 6. Hopefully there'll be some scarves too, those people at sportingkicks failed to deliver :mad:

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
I would imagine it would be immpossible to fully search 77,500 people.

They have queues at the turnstile on a normal matchday.

What's the point in searching ST2 for anything other than anti-glazer propagander?

I don't think I would get my sniper rifle past them will a normal search.

Devilton

Only the dodgy looking feckers will get searched...

so basically the entire away support. All 50 of them.

ralphie88

They have queues at the turnstile on a normal matchday.

What's the point in searching ST2 for anything other than anti-glazer propagander?

I don't think I would get my sniper rifle past them will a normal search.
I don't think they'll be doing anything more than the search you got on Saturday Imps.

busbysaces

Yeah, you'd need a healthy arm to dart the bitters from ST2.

Can't concentrate.

EDIT: delete "...giddy as feck today" as sound like one of them.

Ixion

Bit of a tangent but its always surprised me they don't search people more going into the ground, on most weeks it wouldn't be that difficult to sneak something into the ground. Probably impractical to search everyone I know.

busbysaces

Bit of a tangent but its always surprised me they don't search people more going into the ground, on most weeks it wouldn't be that difficult to sneak something into the ground. Probably impractical to search everyone I know.
Makes me laugh how they have someone checking tickets before you get to the tunrstile.

Waste of time and effort all round.

Sir A1ex

I wonder if their bag searches will be improved from the usual "let's checkt hat you haven't packed anything dodgy at the top of your bag, where it's the onyl thing we can see". I've got in with 8 cans of lager in my bag before, due to their being a jumper on top of them!

Sir A1ex

hardly reason to get there early it takes what, an extra 10 seconds with everyone?
Very lacking in understanding of queue theory there PS. I wouldn't be surprised if a genuine extra 10 seconds on everybody had a catastrphic effect on trying to get in.

Still, I wouldn't worry too much about it taking ages to get in, I doubt there'll be much extra searching going on in the home stands in reality. As somebody said, you're hardly giong to hit a bitter with a dart from the Stretty...

phelans shorts

Very lacking in understanding of queue theory there PS. I wouldn't be surprised if a genuine extra 10 seconds on everybody had a catastrphic effect on trying to get in.

Still, I wouldn't worry too much about it taking ages to get in, I doubt there'll be much extra searching going on in the home stands in reality. As somebody said, you're hardly giong to hit a bitter with a dart from the Stretty...
10 second with the amount of people is like an extra 3 hours
i understand it i have been searched at games enough times to know that it makes very little different, they search 2 or 3 at a time

George the Giraffe

i understand it i have been searched at games enough times to know that it makes very little different, they search 2 or 3 at a time
There is a big difference between searching just away fans and searching a whole stadium.

As well as the actual search you have to add on the time taken for when people are stopped for some reason. Searching everyone is undoubtedly going to cause delays.

It will of course also be the case that the Club and Police want those with tickets to be in the ground as soon as possible to minimise any trouble outside the ground.

They're checking tickets on the way to the ground?

What if you're meeting a friend who has your ticket at the ground?
He's talking about the check they do immediately before the turnstyle.

phelans shorts

There is a big difference between searching just away fans and searching a whole stadium.

As well as the actual search you have to add on the time taken for when people are stopped for some reason. Searching everyone is undoubtedly going to cause delays.

It will of course also be the case that the Club and Police want those with tickets to be in the ground as soon as possible to minimise any trouble outside the ground.
I'm next to the away lot, but as has been said they wont be likely to do stretty so it shouldn't take long

busbysaces

They're checking tickets on the way to the ground?

What if you're meeting a friend who has your ticket at the ground?
No, there's guys checking tickets as you go into the turnstiles. Literally seconds before the machine validates them anyway.

...supposedly checking for the word concessions, but I'm pretty sure you'd get away with flashing a blockbusters card for all the notice they take.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Huh?

I went to Ann Arbor to watch an American college football game, there were over 100,000 people there, and we all went through an extensive search and the gates were opened 2 hours before the game, amazing pace and professionally done.