Ghostbusters 3

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Way to go, Dan ! Time to drown another cult franchise in a steamy pile of liquid shit.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Confirmation of McCarthy and Wiig were about as surprising as Tim Burton confirming Depp, Bonham Carter and Elfman for his remake of The Phantom of the Opera.

I'm fine with the gender switch, and I love Wiig, but I find McCarthy extremely grating and just hope it's not a vehicle for her usual schtick.

This should be the litmus test. It's the first thing Feig has written in a while, and presumably what helped him land the gig.

It looks fecking awful.

Last edited:

Member 39557

I googled Melissa Mccarthy Slimer. Shitlord google corrected it to melissa mccarthy slimmer! :lol:

I think she should be slimer though, it's made for her. I wonder if the female Winston Zeddemore gets as many lines as he did?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I can already picture it. Melissa McCarthy screaming and making a funny face as she haphazardly tries to capture Slimer using her proton pack - the beam swinging about the room destroying everything. Then she'll fall over the slime and she won't be able to get up no matter how many times she attempts to. Then one of her colleagues will say something about how clumsy she is and everyone else will laugh.

Except the audience. No. They won't be laughing. They'll never laugh at anything ever again.

Member 39557

I can already picture it. Melissa McCarthy screaming and making a funny face as she haphazardly tries to capture Slimer using her proton pack - the beam swinging about the room destroying everything. Then she'll fall over the slime and she won't be able to get up no matter how many times she attempts to. Then one of her colleagues will say something about how clumsy she is and everyone else will laugh.

Except the audience. No. They won't be laughing. They'll never laugh at anything ever again.
No, It'll be the token pretty/girly one who faces slimer. She'll get her hair and make-up trashed and be in tears, whilst McCarthy makes a sarcastic unsympathetic "humerous" comment and everyone else will laugh.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
No, It'll be the token pretty/girly one who faces slimer. She'll get her hair and make-up trashed and be in tears, whilst McCarthy makes a sarcastic unsympathetic "humerous" comment and everyone else will laugh.

:lol:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Ghostbusters 2 was pretty shit. Actually I watched the first one the other day and it wasn't much either. Take Murray out and they're downright unfunny.

As for this re-boot, Kristen Wig so fecking annoying, everything I've seen her in she's played basically the same character. And don't get me started on the mess that is Melissa McCarthy. She probably fancies herself as a female John Belushi when in fact she's just unfunny trash.

Ugh.

GBBQ

Not surprised by the line up (McCarthy, Wiig and 2 SNL cast members is hardly revolutionary).

Dunno how I feel about it. I didn't hold out much hope for a sequel with an ageing Akroyd and Murray (and minus a dead Ramis) in the first place. Feig will probably make it a slick movie with some decent laughs. It'll probably be a car crash but still a notch above Seth Rogen and co becoming the new Ghostbusters.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It'll probably be a car crash but still a notch above Seth Rogen and co becoming the new Ghostbusters.
Exactly. A male reboot of Ghostbusters served no purpose at all. That's been done, would only invite unfavorable comparisson, and there are far too many sequels, reboots and reimaginings made without an original take as it is. A female effort is a perferctly cromulent idea, especially with the SNL link, and even for those who hate it, it's inherent difference will make it much easier to disconnect from the classics if you so wish.

My only concern is Feig's apparent belief that Melissa McCarthy is the great comic performer of our time. And that the trailer for their recent collaboration looks ball shrinkingly terrible. If it was Tina Fey & Amy Phoeler instead, I'd be all over it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Is it just me or when a comedy main lead is a woman its less funny and more cringe funny, as for this it can feck right off its more like nob buster than ghostbusters with this cast.

Gorefest

How about - and this may sound a crazy concept to some - thinking up a novel story idea instead of mutilating an all-time classic to wring some extra cash out of its iconic name?

(Ma)Scar(a)face with Meryl Streep as Antonia Montana? Blues Sisters (They're putting the book circle back together)? Commanda?

Dante

Average bang
I like McCarthy but hate Wiig.

Wiig, Zooey Deschannel and Jennifer Aniston play exactly the same character in every single movie they do. It's always the same quirky, slightly damaged, melancholic outsider but with a slightly different face.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sigourney Weaver and Bill Murray are the essence of Ghostbusters. I really have no idea how they'll resurrect this with such unfunny cast.

This shouldn't be even called Ghostbusters. It should be a spin off story under different name trying to create something on it's own rather than just leeching on the old franchise for the sake of another cynical cash grab.

It's probably gonna be the next Blues Brothers 2000... Pointless production, you watch this and just asking yourself every 10 minutes, why this is called Blues Brothers and why Dan Aykroyd looks so sad through entire movie.

Sweet Square

Sigourney Weaver and Bill Murray are the essence of Ghostbusters. I really have no idea how they'll resurrect this with such unfunny cast.

This shouldn't be even called Ghostbusters. It should be a spin off story under different name trying to create something on it's own rather than just leeching on the old franchise for the sake of another cynical cash grab.

It's probably gonna be the next Blues Brothers 2000... Pointless production, you watch this and just asking yourself every 10 minutes, why this is called Blues Brothers and why Dan Aykroyd looks so sad through entire movie.
It's been years since I've seen the movie, so it's all a bit blurry but was there a scene with a topless Sigourney Weaver. Seem to remember that was a very odd but 80's moment in the film.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I can only assume this is going to be horrible. It looks very much like it is just a money grab, using the Ghostbuster name to get people to watch it. The cast doesn't look great either. A few people that are just annoying to watch, and not funny at all.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Gorefest

It's been years since I've seen the movie, so it's all a bit blurry but was there a scene with a topless Sigourney Weaver. Seem to remember that was a very odd but 80's moment in the film.
I think you are confusing Ghostbusters with Alien.