Film Ghostbusters III (Not the crappy reboot one)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Produced by Ivan Reitman, the original director of Ghostbusters I and II.

Directed by his son, Jason Reitman. This guy has also made Juno, Thank you for Smoking, a couple of U.S. Office episodes.

I like that it's not looking like some lazy slapstick continuation and that they don't give much away. It looks like Egon's kids are the one's in the film, which is nice because they seem to pay some tribute to the late actor.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looks brilliant, I’m all in :)

OleBoiii

I wonder if there is a collective term for: reboot, sequel, prequel or superhero/comic book movie.

I swear that 90% of the movies in the cinema fall under one of these 4 categories :p

EDIT:
I'm coining the term 'brand-baiting'.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The 2016 reboot was alright, bar the schmaltzy ending. And Kate Mackinnon is great in anything she's in.

I'm less enthused about this film from the trailers so far, but Paul Rudd will probably be enough to make me check it out.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
i mean, it looks absolutely nothing like a Ghostbusters film… but then all the very worst people in the world complained so much about the high treason of some SNL performers doing a knockabout comedy (go figure!) that we now have to pretend that the real legacy of Ghostbusters was… Stranger Things, I guess?

‘Cos if Ghostbusters was about anything guys, it was about finding yourself, and family…. Ghostbusters….Yup.

Last edited:

Adamsk7

I’d watch anything with Paul Rudd in it. Ghostbusters is one of my favourite movies and I reckon I’ve watched the original over 50 times over the years. Whilst I do think this is going to have a more modern tone (how can it not, it’s 2021?) I do like that Jason Reitman has said how respectful he’s being of his fathers work but also how he has to make it work for today’s audiences too.
He also says the trailer gives away nothing about the main parts of the plot (interesting considering we know it’s gonna be Gozer/Hellhounds making a return like the original and it looks like the kids go to a Gozer temple possibly built by Ivo Shandor). at least we know all three original ghostbusters plus Annie Potts are making a return.
Can’t wait!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’d watch anything with Paul Rudd in it. Ghostbusters is one of my favourite movies and I reckon I’ve watched the original over 50 times over the years. Whilst I do think this is going to have a more modern tone (how can it not, it’s 2021?) I do like that Jason Reitman has said how respectful he’s being of his fathers work but also how he has to make it work for today’s audiences too.
He also says the trailer gives away nothing about the main parts of the plot (interesting considering we know it’s gonna be Gozer/Hellhounds making a return like the original and it looks like the kids go to a Gozer temple possibly built by Ivo Shandor). at least we know all three original ghostbusters plus Annie Potts are making a return.
Can’t wait!
Haha nice, so you can tell me is that wall mart scene in the trailer a throwback to ghost busters II where that nerd guy was running away from the same demon?

Fingeredmouse

i mean, it looks absolutely nothing like a Ghostbusters film… but then all the very worst people in the world complained so much about the high treason of some SNL performers doing a knockabout comedy (go figure!) that we now have to pretend that the real legacy of Ghostbusters was… Stranger Things, I guess?

‘Cos if Ghostbusters was about anything guys, it was about finding yourself, and family…. Ghostbusters….Yup.
Of course not. It was about queef jokes.

Green_Red

Looks like Bill Murray will make an appearance in it too. I'll be watching.

Adamsk7

Haha nice, so you can tell me is that wall mart scene in the trailer a throwback to ghost busters II where that nerd guy was running away from the same demon?
Yes (although it’s ghostbusters you mean with Rick Moranis’ character). There are quite a few shots in the trailer that are mirror images of the original with location, character changes. For instance, when Egon’s granddaughter opens up the barn door to view her brother (?) under the hood of the Ecto1, it’s exactly the same shot as when Dana Barrett walks in to Ghostbusters HQ and Dan Akroyd is doing the same thing with a fag in his mouth.
It’s that sort of fan service that’s perfect - it’s not a wink wink type thing, just something simple like mirroring a shot. Fans of the original will love it but for everyone else it’s not hitting them over the head with nostalgia

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes (although it’s ghostbusters you mean with Rick Moranis’ character). There are quite a few shots in the trailer that are mirror images of the original with location, character changes. For instance, when Egon’s granddaughter opens up the barn door to view her brother (?) under the hood of the Ecto1, it’s exactly the same shot as when Dana Barrett walks in to Ghostbusters HQ and Dan Akroyd is doing the same thing with a fag in his mouth.
It’s that sort of fan service that’s perfect - it’s not a wink wink type thing, just something simple like mirroring a shot. Fans of the original will love it but for everyone else it’s not hitting them over the head with nostalgia
Yes! I'm loving the throwbacks here.

0le

Great trailer. Looks like an interesting storyline.

lsd

The Oracle
Doesn't appear to be as comedic add the original at least going by the trailer

stepic

Doesnt seem like a comedy at all. Basically a rebranded Stranger things

AaronRedDevil

Just been to see this with my lad. It’s not terrible
Yeah least it’s not like the Female one. That was horrible and blatantly trying too hard. This one was decent. The kids did a good job. Loved the ending though.

Big Andy

Bloke
Yeah least it’s not like the Female one. That was horrible and blatantly trying too hard. This one was decent. The kids did a good job. Loved the ending though.
did you get a bit emotional when the ghost of Egon appeared. You’re gay if you did, because I definitely didn’t.

JohnZSmith27

I thought it was great. Wasn't expecting much but was very entertained. The kid McKenna Grace has been good in anything I've seen her. Plus who doesn't love Carrie Coon.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
As someone who considers the original Ghostbusters to be the funniest film of all time, this was ok. Washes away the bad smell of the last attempt but it's by no means a classic.

Idxomer

Kind of ironic that the crappy one has better reviews than this.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It was alright, but didn't really feel like a Ghostbusters film. Just a sci-fi action film with some throwbacks. The comedic tone of the original films wasn't really there. The 2016 extended SNL sketch version was better. But the original 2 are still untouchable.