Gianluca Scamacca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

From what I’ve read, most of the top Italian clubs are in for him but feel he’s too expensive at circa €40m. I’m picturing the classic FM scout report - ‘avoid signing, too many doubts about this player’.
Italian clubs low balling a players fee? I’ve never heard of such an outrageous thing, surely that never happens

white text

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Gobbos? I don't know what that means. But he will have had to adjust tactically since Italiano and Allergi play different football.
Hunchbacks = juventus

He's putting up better NPxG per game at juventus than he did at fiorentina. The fact is, Vlahovic has mediocre off ball movement and an inconsistent all around game. He had those at Fiorentina too. He's just an incredible finisher and regularly scores absurd goals. He's been doing that at juventus as well. He's exactly the same player, playing pretty much the same way, with the same results

::sonny::

Finally somebody who points this out. I'm going mad over this :lol:

Spain and Portugal are pretty awesome

Not really. He's exactly as he was at Fiorentina. People just got blown away by the numbers(which if you take out penalties are identical to what they were with Fiore) and didn't actually bother to see how good he actually was...

Nope. The only difference between Vlahovic at Fiorentina and Vlahovic at Juventus is he hasn't taken any penalties for the gobbos

Scamacca: at the moment, picture Abraham, bigger, stronger, slower, better finisher, slightly worse all around player, younger.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Edit: Didn't understand the tweet :lol:

Mh, i'm not one to read too much into that. Tend to think how he's used(at both teams) is a big part of it. But we'll see next season

Also, picture is sexist as hell

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Weird move for Skriniar IMO. Not really an area they're weak in. Is he really better than Kimpembe?, definitely not Marquinhos.
I can see the logic for two reasons.

Every top club needs three high level CBs at this point given fixture congestion and injuries and Ramos seems totally washed.

Skriniar is also known to be a leader and a good presence in squads and PSG clearly have issues with being mentally fragile in big moments. If I'm Luis Campos, I'm not just looking for talent, I'm trying to figure out how to change the mentality within the squad.

copen1945

Even as Man City and Liverpool have had great success in scoring goals without a striker, physical 9's are in demand. I wonder what triggered this new trend.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Even as Man City and Liverpool have had great success in scoring goals without a striker, physical 9's are in demand. I wonder what triggered this new trend.
No need to look any further than Madrid and bayern and talismanic frontman to see how they can still make the difference at the highest level, especially at games were you can't just bulldoze over your opponent.

OpenIntrovert

Because:
1) They realize that they are creating a lot of chances but there isn't anyone clinical enough to finish them.
2) Against robust and stronger defenders, they need someone stronger to hold up play while the side forwards exploit the spaces behind the defenders to create or finish chances.
3) In a case where short passing is not an option due to well organized and compact defenses, a long ball tactic will be very useful to create space using a tall striker.

copen1945

Because:
1) They realize that they are creating a lot of chances but there isn't anyone clinical enough to finish them.
2) Against robust and stronger defenders, they need someone stronger to hold up play while the side forwards exploit the spaces behind the defenders to create or finish chances.
3) In a case where short passing is not an option due to well organized and compact defenses, a long ball tactic will be very useful to create space using a tall striker.
Ajax got into this trouble against Benfica and their parked bus. We will have to get on board with this 'back to the future' thing.

NoPace

I can see the logic for two reasons.

Every top club needs three high level CBs at this point given fixture congestion and injuries and Ramos seems totally washed.

Skriniar is also known to be a leader and a good presence in squads and PSG clearly have issues with being mentally fragile in big moments. If I'm Luis Campos, I'm not just looking for talent, I'm trying to figure out how to change the mentality within the squad.
Maybe Marquinhos back at DM? They don't have a great player there, really.

OpenIntrovert

Ajax got into this trouble against Benfica and their parked bus. We will have to get on board with this 'back to the future' thing.
Agreed. Physical 9s have not gone out of trend, just that the most noticeable clubs (Man City, Liverpool and Barcelona) tend to use speedy, tricky and highly creative forwards with good finishing ability and most fans only remember these type of players.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Because:
Totally agree. Been saying this. Teams are working out how to play against teams without that trad 9 player.

Abraxas

It might be nothing to do with trends and more to do with what is available in the market as there is an absolute dearth of quality forwards. We know that ourselves, we're looking at Nunez and then scratching our heads about who the next option is. It's not at all obvious, I think we'd struggle to name 5 candidates.

A few of the promising young strikers around have happened to be strong types, such as Vlahovic, Scamacca and Kaladjzic. It doesn't necessarily mean that clubs have made a tall, strong striker the focal point of their search, they may have got there because these guys are performing and represent the best quality. Not everything is to do with idealism, some teams will probably buy a player and expect a manager to do his job and get the best out of them.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
First time seeing him play Vs England. Hes very very tidy. Nice link up play. Had a good chance first half that he blazed over

NoPace

First time seeing him play Vs England. Hes very very tidy. Nice link up play. Had a good chance first half that he blazed over
Yeah, didn't see a ton of goal threat but he can certainly play a little flick when he drops deep to get the team going on the counter.

flappyjay

Weird move for Skriniar IMO. Not really an area they're weak in. Is he really better than Kimpembe?, definitely not Marquinhos.
Their midfield is Manchester United levels. The only difference is Verrati yet they target defenders and strikers.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Going from Nunez to him would be very odd - the former is constantly running in behind, his biggest strength is the intensity and physicality he plays with even if his technique is a little raw - this guy seems to be quite good at holding the ball up but moves at a snails pace. I don’t think he ran in behind or ran the channel once yesterday. Zero intensity to anything he does. So I guess he’ll fit in here.

Philo

Just saying, but I signed this guy on my FM save for the 22/23 season, dude bagged like 12 goals and 8 assists in the 6 EL games he played and is on course to become the first choice number 9. We obviously have to sign him up :D

Red_toad

We still have not learned from the hesitancy in transfer market and we will continue to lose out.
We couldn’t offer champions league so weren’t in the running, was nothing to do with being hesitant. As far, as I can see we were in discussions with his agent prior to Liverpool and he’s going there as they’re contenders for every trophy next season Including the champions league.

NLunited

Strong, good finisher, technical, good hold up play, not slow. This guy is a much better fit for TenHagBall than Nunez, he fits better at Pool.

ti vu

Their midfield is Manchester United levels. The only difference is Verrati yet they target defenders and strikers.
Back 3 can ease the work of midfield. Or utilize Marquinhos as DM like Tuchel used to do.

Scamacca is a very interesting player. He has the physical presence, technical ability, and aggressiveness style of play. This profile for CF is both hard to find, and desirable at the moment. Don't see us heavily link with him after the rumour in OP.

Last edited:

Abraxas

I was keeping an eye on him after this thread and you wouldn't have batted an eyelid had you not known this guy had some noise behind him. Tidy enough but didn't really threaten.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
In a very average Italian team, versus two CBs and two DMs I thought he did alright. Some good touches and decent link up play.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t there talk that Arsenal were really interested but he has or representatives have said he wants to stay in Italy and will be moving to a bigger club in Italy.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
€50m! :eek:

He'll be needing to score a few more goals to stay in their team.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s never someone who’s going to bang them in all season in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.