Gianni Infantino loses the plot (WC 2002 Edition)

Red Star One

How did he get reelected?
no other candidates and decision is made by the FIFA delegates, who are very well off with this corrupt clown as the boss.

I generally try to bear no ill will but it's very difficult with the greedy FIFA feckers, milking and destroying the game I love. Hope many of them eventually end up in prison

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
So there's a wider problem.
In my opinion fifa should be boycotted. Radical in practise but it's the only way really.
FIFA should have been boycotted years ago over the Blatter scandal. It is a disgraceful self serving organisation, but nobody is strong enough to stand against it. It’s not likely to happen.

Suedesi

How did he get reelected?
FIFA is not clean. Basically running for FIFA president is like running for UN Sec Council. You think you've got US + UK + Europe secured and you're good to go until you realize there's 54 countries in Africa and it doesn't take much to buy their allegiance. Add all the Caribbean countries and it's an absurd situation that is easily exploitable by people like Blatter, Jack Warner and now Infantino

Red Star One

FIFA is not clean. Basically running for FIFA president is like running for UN Sec Council. You think you've got US + UK + Europe secured and you're good to go until you realize there's 54 countries in Africa and it doesn't take much to buy their allegiance. Add all the Caribbean countries and it's an absurd situation that is easily exploitable by people like Blatter, Jack Warner and now Infantino
This is borderline racist and misses the point, it’s not the number of African delegations that’s the problem, it’s the complete lack of accountability and no oversight.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Genuine question - why is it shocking he’s been re-elected? What has he done for some of you that is wrong?
I’m going to start with trying to reformat every major competition to include more teams. The World Cup (for example) is supposed to be the pinnacle of international football. Not a charity handout. Athletes aren’t going to the Olympics just because they’re representing Chad.

In fact a lot of major changes he has proposed or implemented have not been to the benefit of the sport. They reek of backhanders. The slimey cnut isn’t even hiding it either.

Plastic Evra

Bring back Havelange !

I'm probably biased but I think Platini would have been a better FIFA president. Obviously as corrupt, don't take me wrong. But he had genuine convictions about football policy.

Tarrou

I reckon he genuinely think's women need to change too, rather than just phrasing it wrong

Tyrion

He genuinely just shouldn't talk about it. It's difficult for him to say anything inoffensive on the best of issues and it's difficult for anyone to say anything inoffensive on this issue. It's the perfect storm, like a watching a drunk first learn to cycle across a minefield.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He genuinely just shouldn't talk about it. It's difficult for him to say anything inoffensive on the best of issues and it's difficult for anyone to say anything inoffensive on this issue. It's the perfect storm, like a watching a drunk first learn to cycle across a minefield.
He's like the Joe Biden of football.

Mike Smalling

How can anyone not love such a humble and genuine man?
I wonder what he paid those people to hold up that sign. No-one can convince that there is a single football fan out there, that would bring a sign like that on their own initiative.

He's a fecking abomination.

Abizzz

To me he is the Chris Christie of football and money and strong men are the Trump of his world.