Gio Reyna | Forest Loan Watch

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He can still declare for England can't he?
Don't you even think about it. :nervous:
but yes, at least until he gets called up for the next official math day. I think he was called in for the canceled games in Europe and he has also openly declared he will only be playing for the US.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He can still declare for England can't he?
He’s already said he only wants to play for USA.

But besides that, arguably he isn’t even eligible for citizenship. All depends if Claudio was considered to have settled status.

Also if FIFA are going to be consistent with their rules (yea like that would ever happen) then he can’t switch unless he already holds UK citizenship, which I believe he might have had to apply for, because he’s played officially for USA’s youth teams.

dbs235

USA seem to have a lot of good young players now, mostly in the Bundesliga.

cyberman

Do England really need to keep nicking players before they tie themselves to another country?
What about their golden underage generations?

dbs235

Which should bode well for their future. Probably the best place for game time and development.
Yeah and none of them even have to make it that big, a team full of Bundesliga level players will make them into a pretty good international team.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Which should bode well for their future. Probably the best place for game time and development.
Also a decent number in Holland as well at PSV and Ajax (not bad places for development). Especially excited about Dest and Llanez.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Also a decent number in Holland as well at PSV and Ajax (not bad places for development). Especially excited about Dest and Llanez.
Watch Dest play in the Bundesliga as well next season. :wenger:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I've seen him linked with Bayern which is frightening if he sits on he bench.
There’s only (an underwhelming) Pavard to beat at RB. Kimmich has gone to midfield and Pavard can also get time at CB.
I think the links to Bayern are strong and I expect him to go there.

troylocker

3 assist so far today. The two 17 year olds at Dortmund looks money!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We need to put in several bids and not match the asking price for this guy
Keep the office and fans busy in the winter window. Sounds like a plan; hope Woody reads this thread.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Yeah and none of them even have to make it that big, a team full of Bundesliga level players will make them into a pretty good international team.
The USSF organization and coaching hires derail any progress made. Berhalter is garbage and likely will the next manager.

Pep's Suit

Maybe Haaland and Reyna following in their fathers' footsteps? :cool::drool:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
For our Dortmund fans, how does he compare to Pulisic? I have watched much more of him on the US junior teams where he just physically overwhelmed his opponents. Should I let my freak US flag fly or keep the pants zipped?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
For our Dortmund fans, how does he compare to Pulisic? I have watched much more of him on the US junior teams where he just physically overwhelmed his opponents. Should I let my freak US flag fly or keep the pants zipped?
This kid's the real deal. Different type of player than Pulisic. More of a playmaker. And he's already 6'1". Here's a couple articles on him and his family (start with the SI article):

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...f-captain-americais-us-soccers-next-superhero

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/12/12/claudio-reyna-family-jack-death-giovanni-dortmund

peridigm

How do BvB find these players year after year after year? What the feck are we doing in our scouting network? No need to answer, I already know.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How do BvB find these players year after year after year? What the feck are we doing in our scouting network? No need to answer, I already know.
We wanted Sancho, Bellingham and Haaland before they joined Dortmund. They weren't exactly hidden gems, their offer is just a lot more enticing to young players currently.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This kid's the real deal. Different type of player than Pulisic. More of a playmaker. And he's already 6'1". Here's a couple articles on him and his family (start with the SI article):

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...f-captain-americais-us-soccers-next-superhero

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/12/12/claudio-reyna-family-jack-death-giovanni-dortmund
Thanks, both good reads. I just wish we didn’t have mutha fukcing Berhalter as our coach. What a waste of the golden age of talent.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
One good game and he's amazing! Didn't have a good game v Augsburg, nor when he came on V Munich.
Strange the knee jerk reactions in this place.
A promising individual who's shown a few good things. He's 17, let's not build him up too much :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
One good game and he's amazing! Didn't have a good game v Augsburg, nor when he came on V Munich.
Strange the knee jerk reactions in this place.
A promising individual who's shown a few good things. He's 17, let's not build him up too much :lol:
How dare you. Don’t take this from us Americans. We have to deal with Trump, Republicans, and the Kardashians. Please don’t take the hope of a wonderkid from us.

SinNombre

We wanted Sancho, Bellingham and Haaland before they joined Dortmund. They weren't exactly hidden gems, their offer is just a lot more enticing to young players currently.
Haaland was the one that we missed out on, since one of the big issues was uncertainty around Ole's job.

We will start winning a lot more of these young player races if Ole is a longer term success.

In Rainbows

Yep, in the case of Bellingham and Haaland, it wasn't up to us. They wanted to go to Dortmund as they can expect playing time in the CL, while being guaranteed to play exciting attacking football.

In the case of Sancho, it was up to City. City would never sell him to United. All 3 players were out of our hands and have nothing to do with scouting. Especially Sancho and Bellingham. They're the best players for their respective English youth sides. Everybody knew how good they were. It would be like if all the clubs asked about Greenwood after his 2018/19 season. Would hardly be a hidden gem.

monosierra

Dortmund has a reputation for developing young stars and then letting them go at the right price. If I'm a young player looking to develop via first team action in a club that has a solid institutional setting and which doesn't have the pressure to win their league - Dortmund would be perfect.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
How dare you. Don’t take this from us Americans. We have to deal with Trump, Republicans, and the Kardashians. Please don’t take the hope of a wonderkid from us.
:lol: :lol:
Sorry man, didn't mean to.
You have enough on your plate, carry on biglying him up.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
He's played 5 times ? So I'm guessing you are doing a cafe classic and just making shit up haha
Made his debut last season and had 15 games of varying degrees of success. Has contributed much more this season already than he did last, including getting his first goal for them. For sure very talented, remains to be seen if he can continue his form for a while.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Made his debut last season and had 15 games of varying degrees of success. Has contributed much more this season already than he did last, including getting his first goal for them. For sure very talented, remains to be seen if he can continue his form for a while.
He seems to have developed a great relationship with Haaland. I think we should not try to break up this great friendship and just get them both. :D

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Awesome goal, average performance overall, though still one of the better players for Dortmund today (that doesn't say much).