Glazers looking to sell off a minority share & bring in a new Investor

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I have question around our debt - If lets say someone buys us for 5bn. Does that 5bn go to the glazers pocket ? or does some of that money pay of their wretched debt as well ?
It would depend on how your particular sale was structured. A lot of it would depend also on who owns the debt and what the stipulations are. If the owners of the debt would require the debt to paid before any sale of the club is finalized (which would be smart because they wouldn’t have known the circumstances of any future sale) then the reconciliation of the debt would be negotiated into the purchase price.

You can negotiate a lot of different ways in which a sake is structured. For Chelsea, the estimated 1.7 billion needed to augment Stamford Bridge and the surrounding area was part of final figures of the sale.

The Glazers won’t do anything that selfless, because they don’t particularly care what happens to the club as owners, much less once they’ve sold.

But what you would be counting on is the potential new owners caring about the footing of the club when they take over, and negotiating a sale that leaves the team in a good position moving forward.

Gordon Godot

Would cost £5bn+, then the debt to be paid off, probably need £1bn spent on Old Trafford/a new stadium, and more bringing our facilities up to scratch. We are a bad purchase right now.
It wont cost $5bn plus. Club is a mess and needs massive investment. Glazers are looking for an out. This is the start.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How is this not positive? a new investor opens the door to them clearing off
Depends on how much it is.

Can you imagine the day they sell though? It'll be the joy of all the false dawns - manager hiring, big name signings, unveiling, here we gos over a decade - put together times a hundred.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Minority? Nah, this is the Glazers signaling that they want to sell.

The Glazers have never been interested in significantly diluting their shareholding. They've never wanted to have someone else's hand on the wheel. Why would they want this now?

The Glazers are, naturally, going to pretend like they don't want to divest of all their shares. They want to position themselves as unwilling sellers to drive up the price. However, this feels like a 'come on' to the market.

Infra-red

We talked about this in the stadium redevelopment thread. A co-investor (see also Man City and Silver Lake) makes a lot of sense for the Glazers - it enables them to retain overall control of the club and is also realistically the only viable way they can fund a stadium refurb (not to mention, £500m worth of new players in the next 3-4 years).

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
How are we valued so high despite being utter shite??

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
The shares are worth whatever the Glazers want for them since they own the club. If they value the club at 5 billion, then that will be the going price.

I suspect there will be buyers even at that price as well for a starting point to get the foot in the door of a club with a huge global reach/fanbase.

gica_7

I don't think the sale is going to be for minority stakes. That's what they have to feed to the media. They are under immense pressure and it won't stop until they sell. Who wants to be partners with these penny pinching idiots that only decrease the value of the asset.

United will be sold soon.

Lynty

Only 5bn. I might be able to scrape that together - will they take Viatnamese Dong?

TheLord

Would cost £5bn+, then the debt to be paid off, probably need £1bn spent on Old Trafford/a new stadium, and more bringing our facilities up to scratch. We are a bad purchase right now.
With all the investment required and the state of the loans, we wouldn't be valued more than 4bn. Nobody in their right senses would spend 6b+ on a football club. Makes no business sense, except the oil oligarchs, may be.

AaronRedDevil

Minority wouldn't mean anything. Pointless like fans share scheme. They will still have the majority and own the club. Won't be good unless they feck off completely

Dan_F

THis is how it begins. The beginning of the end. Now is the time to ramp up the pressure on the Glazers. Boycott OT.
I hope this sparks even bigger protests next week now. Feels like this is the time.

Not sure boycotting is the answer but huge, huge protests should really be achievable.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Minority stake without some capital investment into the club is of not use to us.

DeGea’sFeet

Just their way to milk a £100m or so, what say would a minority investor have? Would they have any incentive to give any more money? No. They will just seek profit on their investment and if anything might scrutinise spending and wages. Also, will the glazers use the money to invest in the club either OT or Carrington? No. They didn’t last time, so why would they this time.

Crimson King

They've already sold of shares, I think they only own 69% of the club now. They raised something like £500m doing that, none of which was used to service the leveraged debt or invested in the club.

It's a cash cow to them, they don't care about the club. They'll chop it up and sell it for as much as they can get.

tomaldinho1

So if they sell anymore than 7% of the club on the market, they're open to a hostile takeover right?
I’d take the 57% with a pinch of salt, Google also saying it’s in the 90’s. No idea what it is, I’m sure someone can find out though.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Because we're still one of the most famous sports institutions in the world?
I get that. But we've been crap for so long, hardly ever present in the CL, no title challenge for the last 10 years and looking very likely to go another 10 years without a title challenge. Stadium crumbling, training facilities behind the times, It just baffles me we're valued so high. Do we even turn a profit anymore?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Minority? So they basically want to charge someone a fortune to have the privilege to board the Titanic?

Cheeky leeches, anyone with any sense would make sure they'd be in control considering the Glazers form.

Just sell outright you bunch of cnuts, and take your cronies with you.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They've already sold of shares, I think they only own 69% of the club now. They raised something like £500m doing that, none of which was used to service the leveraged debt or invested in the club.

It's a cash cow to them, they don't care about the club. They'll chop it up and sell it for as much as they can get.
It really is so disgusting. Can't believe the PL and FA allowed this to happen. It's absolutely insane.

If someone gets to one of them soon....it will all that they deserve.

Tiber

Just spreads the dividends around a bit, they will need to top up the total

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I had a dream last night that they sold halve the shares. Could actually be happening. Much rather they sold all together though so they don’t have a say in anything! What happens if they sell halve? Can the co owner then make his own decisions or would they have to have a joint decision?