Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

AlexUTD

If we want the Glazers to wake up, we need to stop buying merchandise and go to matches. How long are we going to let the Glazers getting away with bleeding the club dry!?

They must think the fans are retarded, when they spout these empty words that they want to win trophies but the money spent says otherwise. Feck even Aston Villa outspent us this summer when we are in dire need for reinforcements...

Ballache

Supports
Martial
During Woodward's tenure we've gone from Champions to this. I don't care how much money we're making, something needs to change.

Hughie77

Problems galore, Woodward isn't going anywhere, club high revenues on last quarter, Glazers love him, there's plenty of money at OT, but if they are not careful a lot of that is going to go, if we get in a relegation battle or worse even go down, and relegation form where in.

romufc

Problems galore, Woodward isn't going anywhere, club high revenues on last quarter, Glazers love him, there's plenty of money at OT, but if they are not careful a lot of that is going to go, if we get in a relegation battle or worse even go down, and relegation form where in.
I heard a phrase for two colleagues talking at work.

"I wouldn't draw my curtains to watch United"

Everyone knows the owners are bleeding us dry.

GBBQ

The thing is, Woodward can remain in control on the whole and the Glazers can still make their money so long as they put in a footballing structure that gives a fair budget to compete and leaves the transfer decisions to the footballing experts.

We need owners who view it as a business and not a play thing as its safer for the long term future of the club and we need a CEO who is driving up revenue to make those funds available. The business side works, if they could just give up control of the footballing side to people who know what they are doing and make sufficient funds available each season so we can compete then everyone is happy. long term the club would be more successful and financially stronger.

red4ever 79

Anyone surprised there has not been some demonstrations outside the stadium or during the matches aimed towards Ed? A lot of other clubs do it

captain666

The thing is, Woodward can remain in control on the whole and the Glazers can still make their money so long as they put in a footballing structure that gives a fair budget to compete and leaves the transfer decisions to the footballing experts.

We need owners who view it as a business and not a play thing as its safer for the long term future of the club and we need a CEO who is driving up revenue to make those funds available. The business side works, if they could just give up control of the footballing side to people who know what they are doing and make sufficient funds available each season so we can compete then everyone is happy. long term the club would be more successful and financially stronger.
The whole Club needs a radical overhaul with a distinct split between commercial and football activities,at least that would remove Woodward from any team decisions.Problem then lies with who would be prepared to come and sort out this mess as Director of Football?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
"Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact..." to even think it, let alone say it out loud. Should have been sacked and kicked out of the club there and then.

But, tbf he wouldn't make such statements in most other clubs.

fergiesarmy1

Thank you for this. Really debunking the "success" of Ed.
Doesn’t it just, he just came onto a gravy train and milked it for all it’s worth.

The squad, the stadium even carrington has been left to rot since he’s been here while he and the glazers have got a lot richer.

Ellis_G

Following the announcement of Manchester United’s latest financial results on Tuesday, it was widely suggested that the Glazer family were looking to sell more of their shares in the club.

Documents filed to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission appeared to show that United’s owners were offering a tranche of class A shares in the hope of raising as much as £320m ($400m).

However, as United’s chief financial officer Cliff Baty outlined during Tuesday’s earnings call, these documents were only ‘shelf registrations’ – a type of “technical filing”, he said. No United shares are actually up for sale.

What is shelf registration?

Shelf registration allows companies to register new stock offerings without immediately putting them up for sale. Companies may do this in order to generate interest in their assets while waiting for more favourable market conditions to arrive.

Baty said that United have submitted shelf registrations since 2012. By filing these documents, the company is indicating that they could – but no means will – sell these shares in the club at a later date.

As Baty stressed at the end of Tuesday’s call: “Please also note that these filings do not indicate that any shares are actually being sold.” The Glazer family last sold United shares in 2017, returning around £56m.
Despite announcing record annual revenues of £627m for the 2018-19 season, United’s share price dropped to a two-year low on Tuesday. A 6.2% slip was the stock’s biggest fall in a single day for eight months, according to Bloomberg.

This was due to projections that the club’s revenues would decline this year. Failure to qualify for the Champions League means United predict their annual income to be between £560m and £580m for the 2019-20 season.

Returning to the Champions League next season is vital for United. A second consecutive year outside of Europe’s top club competition would, for example, see their lucrative £75m-a-year contract with kit suppliers Adidas reduced by 30%.

Does any of this affect Solskjaer?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side currently sit eighth in the Premier League table, having taken eight points from their first six games. Sunday’s 2-0 defeat to West Ham was United’s second of the new season.
Solskjaer is certain to come under pressure – externally, at least – if United appear as though they will miss out on a Champions League place for the second year running.

But Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, said on Tuesday that Solskjaer would be given time to rebuild the club and that everyone at Old Trafford was focused on success on the pitch.
Woodward highlighted recent investment in the academy, recruitment department and training ground facilities. “These investments, together with the commitment we made to Ole and his coaching staff in March has given us the building blocks for success,” he said.

“While we are confident this investment will deliver results, it is important we are patient while Ole and his team build for the future. We will continue to focus on the long-term strategy and won’t be influenced by short-term distractions.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...s-glazer-shares-sale-latest-now-a9119591.html

We're going to end up like the Buccaneers languishing with unsuccess nothing but a personal ATM for the Glazer scum.

red thru&thru

Doesn’t it just, he just came onto a gravy train and milked it for all it’s worth.

The squad, the stadium even carrington has been left to rot since he’s been here while he and the glazers have got a lot richer.
We really are screwed. What is more worrying is, fans of the club can't see it.

Onwers, ceo, manager/coaching staff, players. This would be my order of change. If not the owners, at least Ed needs changing.

fergiesarmy1

We really are screwed. What is more worrying is, fans of the club can't see it.

Onwers, ceo, manager/coaching staff, players. This would be my order of change. If not the owners, at least Ed needs changing.
Agreed, replacing Ole is not going to change much. If he did make that call though you would think the Glazers who must have some business nous can see where the issue is and take football decisions away from him.

You would think.....

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I was there, and it was sustained though at least 30-40% didn't chant it from my end.
Sorry about that.

The matchgoers were always going to turn on the Glazers before Ole. I hope it wasn't just a one-off and we can not only sustain it throughout the season but watch it grow to the point where it begins to have an impact. If/when Ole gets the sack, Woodward must follow him out the door.

rotherham_red

Sorry about that.

The matchgoers were always going to turn on the Glazers before Ole. I hope it wasn't just a one-off and we can not only sustain it throughout the season but watch it grow to the point where it begins to have an impact. If/when Ole gets the sack, Woodward must follow him out the door.
It's alright mate. We're supporters, it's what we do.

I don't think the matchgoers, outside of a few idiots, will ever turn on Ole. They understand the shit hand he's been dealt. They're definitely frustrated, though. Understandably so.

Ole's probably not the right man for the job, but with this squad we'll never really know. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. I still retain the hope that he'll turn it around but my head says it likely won't happen.

All in all, it's an absolute shit show but if this can be the straw which breaks the camel's back and leads to real and meaningful change at the top of the club, then honestly, it will have been worth it.

red thru&thru

It's alright mate. We're supporters, it's what we do.

I don't think the matchgoers, outside of a few idiots, will ever turn on Ole. They understand the shit hand he's been dealt. They're definitely frustrated, though. Understandably so.

Ole's probably not the right man for the job, but with this squad we'll never really know. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. I still retain the hope that he'll turn it around but my head says it likely won't happen.

All in all, it's an absolute shit show but if this can be the straw which breaks the camel's back and leads to real and meaningful change at the top of the club, then honestly, it will have been worth it.
Great post. For match goers, Ole is a hero. He brought so much delight in our youth that it is hard to forget. But Ole was always a romantic dream, it was never real. We hoped we'd get our own Pep, our own Zidane but nothing before him would suggest this.

We've unfortunately got to the point where were last year before sacking Jose. The mnagaer needed to go but so many changes were needed to be made at board level. I just hope it happens this time around, with Ed being the first to be leaving or with Ole.

djembatheking

I can`t wait to see the back of this chinless interfering feck . Ole was the right man to come in after Jose and try and bring back a bit of pride and a more positive atmosphere then also to get rid of players that don`t want to be at United . He should only have been interim though as I can`t see he is tactically up to the job and get us out of the mess we are in .
No win situation though cos as long as we make money Woodward and the Glazers don`t give a flying feck . The Glazers probably don`t even check the football results as that isn`t what it is about for them .

red thru&thru

I can`t wait to see the back of this chinless interfering feck . Ole was the right man to come in after Jose and try and bring back a bit of pride and a more positive atmosphere then also to get rid of players that don`t want to be at United . He should only have been interim though as I can`t see he is tactically up to the job and get us out of the mess we are in .
No win situation though cos as long as we make money Woodward and the Glazers don`t give a flying feck . The Glazers probably don`t even check the football results as that isn`t what it is about for them .
We are stagnating on making money and other are catching us up, rapidly! So Ed is failing there too.

Imran Mamdani

like i have been saying all along - FFS stop buying merch and stop buying tickets/renewing ST. if you dont hurt them where the pocket is, they will NOT budge.

VWW

Thanks for showing the obvious.
Everytime I talk about things that could be done against the Glazers I see the "we can't influence anything" mantra repeated over and over again, which shows, to our deepest shame, that the average IQ of the Kop is above ours nowadays.
Everywhere around the world supporters try to do something when their clubs are in their sort of crisis, only our fans (the most toxic in the world, remember) seem to adopt the "support everything, everytime at all costs" approach, thus enabling aberrations like Ed Woodward to have more safety in his throne than a medieval king.
Yes its very sad. I'm starting to think it will take us getting relegated before we see any action.

Anyone surprised there has not been some demonstrations outside the stadium or during the matches aimed towards Ed? A lot of other clubs do it
Demonstrations outside the club away from cameras may achieve something but they will not have the same affect of people walking out of a match.

I get why people with season tickets or just match tickets dont want to boycott matches which is why I suggested earlier what the Liverpool supporters did. Leaving 10 mins before the game is over would send a powerful message. Lets the supporters get their moneys worth in seeing the game and lets them show their disapproval as well. Seeing droves of supporters leaving on camera like the Liverpool fans did would embarrass the club and sponsors. We accomplish more then a social media boycott and we put out a strong message that we wont put up with this anymore. We repeat this every match until something changes.

I just want to add that we continue with the social media boycott and all other fronts.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Found this a bit interesting. edwoodward and edwardwoodward .com are both free. glazers theglazers glazerfamily theglazerfamily joelglazer avramglazer and bryanglazer .com were all taken.

croadyman

I was listening to Goldstein on The Sports Bar tonight,so obvious he works for MUTV by the fact he is so reluctant to go in on Glazers.

I noticed he also failed to mention that post match De Gea interview,he quite clearly has seen it but doesn't want to lose his spot on the channel.

tony54

Just for those of you who don't feel you are being heard on this issue.

Gross mismanagement. I don't believe they are sinister but they clearly don't have the competence to bring footballing success.

Of course one hopes what follows isnt worse, but you never know with the bad karma coming our way. But ultimately one cannot logically assume that things will improve with ownership and management staying the same.
The owners and Woodward are just selfish financially parasitic leeches. Simples!

justboy68

The wage bill we have with this shower of shite team is fecking unbelievable. How is it even possible to feck things up that badly?!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I hope people focus more on the Glazers/Woodward then on Ole.

Yes, Ole is probably not up to task but who employed him in the first place and who has been a constant fixture in our failures for the past 6 years?

Ole and his people need to change the narrative. Start makinflg noises about the board and Ed fecking Woodward. If Gary Neville had any brains and balls, he'd start asking questions of Woodward and Judge publicly too.

Rajma

Investment banker placing other investment bankers in his inner circle to conduct our recruitment and strategy, bunch of stupid and arrogant cretins being shown up in footballing world as complete amateurs. Just feck off.

JustAGuest

I hope people focus more on the Glazers/Woodward then on Ole.

Yes, Ole is probably not up to task but who employed him in the first place and who has been a constant fixture in our failures for the past 6 years?

Ole and his people need to change the narrative. Start makinflg noises about the board and Ed fecking Woodward. If Gary Neville had any brains and balls, he'd start asking questions of Woodward and Judge publicly too.
New manager comes in and people forget about the root of our issues. It feels like a never ending cycle.

Preggy99

Just for those of you who don't feel you are being heard on this issue.

Gross mismanagement. I don't believe they are sinister but they clearly don't have the competence to bring footballing success.

Of course one hopes what follows isnt worse, but you never know with the bad karma coming our way. But ultimately one cannot logically assume that things will improve with ownership and management staying the same.
Been saying it for a while, the buck don’t always stop at the manager. Let’s leave Ed selling shirts to the Taiwanese, after all he is good at the commercial side. Bring in a Director of Football to work with Ole and the scouting network, let’s go out and watch and find proper players, not these big names billy big balls muppets that we have been going for. I mike AWB and Maguire a lot, James also. They are humble and have the right attitude by the look of it. There are players in the French lower leagues with good quality we can get relatively cheap, they have desire and determination and a mindset that you can’t teach. Not limited to France of course, Germany and Holland there are some great players lower down the leagues. Granted we need a ready now beast of a number 9 and will have to pay big money for that. We look toothless at the moment. Rashford don’t look 100% for to me, Greenwood needs developing not throwing in at the deep end and being expected to lead the line of what was a few years back the greatest club in the world.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
During Woodward's tenure we've gone from Champions to this. I don't care how much money we're making, something needs to change.
Indeed.
We are currently in 12th place after everybody has played 8 matches.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Investment banker placing other investment bankers in his inner circle to conduct our recruitment and strategy, bunch of stupid and arrogant cretins being shown up in footballing world as complete amateurs. Just feck off.
Utter fecking clowns, the lot of them, tiny cocked chinless gormless wankboys.

red thru&thru

Utter fecking clowns, the lot of them, tiny cocked chinless gormless wankboys.
Couldn't have put it better myself! :lol::lol:

But I'm so glad that chants have now begun to call them out. Where will it lead? No one really knows but at least it's a start.

Mark Pawelek

1. We need owners who view it as a business and not a play thing
  2. if they could just give up control of the footballing side to people who know what they are doing
You contradicted yourself here. Owners of over 10 years who haven't figured out who to successfully put someone in charge of football are clearly not viewing it as a business thing. If the owners can't figure out what to do they should bring in some management consultants to tell them what to do.

Last edited:

Bestietom

I dont know if this has already been mentioned but I seem to remember a couple of seasons ago the Liverpool supporters being upset with the management of the club after they increased ticket prices. They arranged to walk out of the stadium at a specific time (think it was somewhere in the last 10 minutes of the match). They did this a few times and the management caved in.

I know people are reluctant to do something that might affect the players on the pitch but the scousers got it right on this one. They made their disapproval known in away that minimised the affect on the players (all leaving near the end of the match) but at the same time maximised their public campaign against the owners (by having the whole world audience see empty seats and embarrass sponsors).

I think its worth a shot and doesnt penalise ticket holders from boycotting a whole match but just the last 10 mins or some arbitrary number.
Good shout. If it could embarrass Sponsors it would mean that Woodward would be in trouble and this I'm all for. Maybe then the Glazers would turn more attention to the footballing side of things.