Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

AshRK

We are in shambles and changing managers will not make much difference. 4 managers have been here since SAF left and the issue still remains the same. Surely there must be a bigger issue then.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That was the whole point of hiring him. Ole takes the heat, not them. Ed and the Glazers are very good at their jobs - it's just that their jobs aren't what you thought they were.
yes but it’s slowly all becoming clearer and if this is how they want to organise us going forward the fans can clearly see what they will be protesting against. I’d be just as happy to see them take their money each year while doing a better job. We are being ripped off massively.

RedDevil@84

If the Glazers sacked Ed and brought in a new 'CEO' and DOF I honestly think that despite them leeching the club, things would already be a lot, lot better. Heck, Woodward has spent nearly 1 Billion... and we have a squad like we do?! It beggars belief.
You would think that any owners who love football or do sane business would fire him for gross incompetence. But yet here he is.
So I guess they believe the money he brings in makes up for the footballing incompetence.

TrueRed79

What do you classify as 'enough'? Would you not argue that more than Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, Chelsea, Barcelona, Tottenham and Arsenal is "enough"?

Also, you will see that very few clubs now want to sign players in that 27+ age band...football is increasingly a young man's game and sports scientists are able to show how the vast, vast majority of players show steep physical decline around 28/29 onwards. Watch the Amazon Prime documentary on Spurs as just one example...Jose is talking about the difficulty in getting a buyer for Danny Rose and highlights one club (think it was Newcastle) who have an u25s only policy on transfers.

When did City, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid last pay significant money for a player over 25/26?

Yes I agree on the last point, we need a Director of Football. That's nothing to do with the Glazers though.
Reading your posts in this thread is giving me a pain in my head. Everything since the Glazers took over is their problem. The situation we are in is entirely their fault. They own the club ffs. They hired Woodward and then let him have control of the club with his mates. They allowed him to waste all that money with bloated contracts and stupid transfer fees. They can't see past the balance sheet and his APR is not based on how well the football team is doing. This is the problem and it's all on them.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
yes but it’s slowly all becoming clearer and if this is how they want to organise us going forward the fans can clearly see what they will be protesting against. I’d be just as happy to see them take their money each year while doing a better job. We are being ripped off massively.
Well yes. But they frankly do not give a toss what you want. All that matters is that you pay.

monosierra

Fan power wouldn't matter as much as commercial partners sitting down with us for sponsorship negotiations and rejecting our terms on the grounds that the United brand and market exposure is not as skyhigh as it was when they signed the last deal. "We're still interested in continuing our sponsorship partnership but it is clear that your team's failure on the pitch has had an adverse impact on commercial attractiveness ... we will sponsor United for the next 5 years but the amount will be 20% lower."

FrenchRed

But the two are linked. It's not just a random coincidence. Ed doesn't want a structure that competes with the one he has in place already to maximise profit.

That said I suspect we may well sign Sancho. It's certainly not outside the parameters of what Ed will agree to.
I'm not sure I agree. If we had a successful team, which he could build by setting up a structure and spending well, we'd surely be more profitable and have more commercial success?

I genuinely think that at best he has illusions that he understands football, at worst his actions are totally incompetent.

glazed

Fan power wouldn't matter as much as commercial partners sitting down with us for sponsorship negotiations and rejecting our terms on the grounds that the United brand and market exposure is not as skyhigh as it was when they signed the last deal. "We're still interested in continuing our sponsorship partnership but it is clear that your team's failure on the pitch has had an adverse impact on commercial attractiveness ... we will sponsor United for the next 5 years but the amount will be 20% lower."
Or just buy nothing from anyone on this list?

https://www.manutd.com/en/partners/global#

CHEVROLET adidas Aon Kohler Aeroflot Apollo Tyres Cadbury Canon Medical Systems Casillero del Diablo CHIVAS DHL Gulf HCL Konami Maui Jim Marriott Hotels Melitta Mlily Remington Swissquote Tag Heuer Visit Malta YABO SPORTS

glazed

I'm not sure I agree. If we had a successful team, which he could build by setting up a structure and spending well, we'd surely be more profitable and have more commercial success?
Well I have to disagree. The amount spent on finishing fourth appears to offer more profit than the amount you would need to reliably finish first.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
What do you classify as 'enough'? Would you not argue that more than Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, Chelsea, Barcelona, Tottenham and Arsenal is "enough"?

Also, you will see that very few clubs now want to sign players in that 27+ age band...football is increasingly a young man's game and sports scientists are able to show how the vast, vast majority of players show steep physical decline around 28/29 onwards. Watch the Amazon Prime documentary on Spurs as just one example...Jose is talking about the difficulty in getting a buyer for Danny Rose and highlights one club (think it was Newcastle) who have an u25s only policy on transfers.

When did City, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid last pay significant money for a player over 25/26?

Yes I agree on the last point, we need a Director of Football. That's nothing to do with the Glazers though.
Hazard, Greizemann, Thiago all signed within the last year.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Hard to argue against this

He is not part of the problem. He is in the middle of a shitstorm trying to make things right.

Maybe he will succeed, maybe he won't, but pretty much all the things he has done are in the best interest of the club looking long-term. The last thing he needs looking from his perspective is to make things toxic. And you can't blame him for that.

Infestissumam

I usually consider myself to be a reasonable fan, but this window really broke me. I thought there was a real chance to build on that great run in the second half of the season and move into the right direction, but of course it's turned out to be yet another false dawn. The team did everything you could have asked of them and more to make it to 3rd place, they have done their part - now it was time for the owners and management to do their part. And they didn't. I'm far from being Solskjaers biggest fan, but neither he nor the players deserve to be hung out to dry like that. Ole will inevitably take the fall once shite hits the fan this season, and I can see no scenario where that isn't going to be the case. If you look at how teams like Leicester, Everton and Arsenal are doing, making top 4 will be a huge, huge task. I can't see it at all right now.

To me, it's become obvious that our owners only care for being a top 4 team ... their ambition doesn't go beyond that, and this window has been proof of that. They simply won't invest when we end up in top 4, I should have seen the pattern and not be naive ... but after all that "we need to make top 4 or we can't invest heavily BS!", I didn't expect this shite. Naive, I know. And those leeches better not pull the Covid card - when teams like Aston Villa and Leeds outspend you by a mile and even clubs like Tottenham and Arsenal do a much better job at strengthening their squads, the problem lies somewhere else. This club will win jack shite as long as those leeches are in charge, and it pisses me off to no end.

Castia

Last season with Chevy as well so could announce a new mega shirt deal at any moment.....spend the cash you ugly cnuts.

Bestofthebest

Problem is Ed and Glazers are in a good position now. We have qualified for Europe, no fans in the stadium to cause trouble and we won’t spend any more money this window. Ed is making it look like he is working his socks off to get deals over the line whilst wrecking any chance of them happening by making stupid offers. We will have to go with the squad we have now and when it all goes t*ts up he will sack Ole. If, by some miracle, Ole makes a go of it then he might survive the season when the whole process is repeated. Ed will then just have to work out how to spend the bonus he gets for saving the Glazers loads of money. Nice work if you can get it.

vanderpants

All the hard work done over the years is slowly being pulled apart and ruined by these incompetent business men running a football club, the least they could have done was get a DOF in who was clued up but with the glazers not giving a toss and Ed and Judge left to run the club is a huge embarrassment

DSG

I usually consider myself to be a reasonable fan, but this window really broke me. I thought there was a real chance to build on that great run in the second half of the season and move into the right direction, but of course it's turned out to be yet another false dawn. The team did everything you could have asked of them and more to make it to 3rd place, they have done their part - now it was time for the owners and management to do their part. And they didn't. I'm far from being Solskjaers biggest fan, but neither he nor the players deserve to be hung out to dry like that. Ole will inevitably take the fall once shite hits the fan this season, and I can see no scenario where that isn't going to be the case. If you look at how teams like Leicester, Everton and Arsenal are doing, making top 4 will be a huge, huge task. I can't see it at all right now.

To me, it's become obvious that our owners only care for being a top 4 team ... their ambition doesn't go beyond that, and this window has been proof of that. They simply won't invest when we end up in top 4, I should have seen the pattern and not be naive ... but after all that "we need to make top 4 or we can't invest heavily BS!", I didn't expect this shite. Naive, I know. And those leeches better not pull the Covid card - when teams like Aston Villa and Leeds outspend you by a mile and even clubs like Tottenham and Arsenal do a much better job at strengthening their squads, the problem lies somewhere else. This club will win jack shite as long as those leeches are in charge, and it pisses me off to no end.
Absolutely. Man United, you are a cruel woman. Try as I might, I just can’t quit you. And because of it, I suffer. Oh, how I suffer. :(

space

The official twitter account just tweeted 'only two days left for an MUTV discount'... the ratio and replies are something to behold. I really hope the owners and board do not get away with this and we see some changes (even though they probably will :()

Revan

Assumptionman
How do you explain summer 2018 or this summer then? "No value in the market"?
Check the financial sheets. We spent as much on transfers in that summer as in the previous ones (when we apparently spent big).

People need to realize that payments from the previous seasons need to be done too.

This summer, there is the little thing with the virus who has crashed world's economy and make the club close money.

Lord Zlatan

Should crowdfund this, get an effort up to tank the stock, bringing in a host of potential buyers and bankrupting the Glazers...
Probably wont change anything but its more productive than us all moaning at each other on an internet forum. Im on phone to sky trying to cancel mutv. small things

alexanderplatz

People need to stop giving the club their money. Simples. More cash in your pocket and not sustaining the glazers - what’s not to love?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Bird Nerd

We are in shambles and changing managers will not make much difference. 4 managers have been here since SAF left and the issue still remains the same. Surely there must be a bigger issue then.
Agree here. What is the common denominator? Woody and no director of football holding us back. Just getting the transfers aligned and streamlined would be a MASSIVE step forward. You would think it was rocket science or something.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
first 2 are a perfect example of why the approach doesn’t work. Add Coutinho Sanchez and a few others too.
There's quite a few of the over 27 players that have worked out as well. I do agree that we should be buying younger players but adding a few of the older ones can still add value and help nature the younger generation.