Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Eddy_JukeZ

We’ll never get anywhere until they’re out of the club.
That is the key.
It's obvious now.

They are the main culprits for our incredible downfall following SAF's retirement.

Until both leave, I don't think we'll get back to the top. Unless we somehow managed to unearth a SAF 2.0 again.

Fluctuation0161

Our commercial income is growing year on year. Other clubs may be increasing theirs as well but not at the same rate. Every time we strike a new deal it seems to blow our competitors out of the water. I can't see this changing for a while due to the size of our world wide fan base.
Have you got percentage year on year commercial growth data for all clubs to compare?

Fluctuation0161

Former owners, current owners...all the same. Folks weren't pissing, moaning and blaming the owners when Fergie was winning titles for fun. The Green & Gold fools lasted a wet minute, once the titles kept rolling in then all was forgotten.
Not at all. People like you didn't take part so the green and gold failed.

All owners are not the same. None are perfect but they are definitely not the same.

Keefy18

Not at all. People like you didn't take part so the green and gold failed.

All owners are not the same. None are perfect but they are definitely not the same.
People have been complaining for decades. Since the time of the flotation and then the attempted Sky bid. The Glazer takeover was the last straw for some who went off and formed their own club. I suppose for the people for whom United is just simply a form of entertainment and as long as the team is winning they don't care what's going on in the club i.e. issues such as ticket pricing and development, the ownership issue isn't a big deal. The problems on the pitch only serve to exacerbate alot of the issues and shine a light on them but even when we were winning the fan groups were lobbying constantly and advocating for changes on a number of issues and ultimately a change in the ownership structure to one in which the supporters (without whom there would be no club) control things and all the money the club generates is reinvested into the club.
Good man. Proper United Supporters are rare beasts in this jungle. Nothing but wind ups and trolls in here, so stick around
It's been out of the supporters hands since the Railway workers lost it. It's gone from one business "mogul" to the next and raked of profits since before any of us was born.

In 1902 the club was going into administration, bought out by whom? John Henry Davis a local brewer who used the club to sell alcohol to match going fans. He invested 60k to grow the ground and in turn increase profits.

Bought out again in the 30s by James Gibson, a clothing manufacturer.

Then came the Edwards family, the wholesale butcher family arrived to bleed the club dry. From Louis to Martin, makes no odds and all they ever cared about is bottom line profit. He was made a director in the aftermath of the Munich disaster. He immediately to lining his own pockets and bought up shares...and folks think the Glazers are bad? :lol::lol:

Profiting off a club tragedy, class act was Louis Edwards ;)

Martin was no better, he took every single underhanded tactic he could to line his own pockets for decades. Now his net worth is in excess of £150m, mainly down to his scheming at the club. He pushed Ferguson to the point of early retirement, let that sink in. The most powerful manager in the game at the time and he pushed him out the door with his carry on and thirst for profit!

You can thank Martin as well as it was he who put the club in the initial IPO.

The rest is history as they say.

So unless any of you sentimental farts were around in the early 1900s then you've supported the same club from day 1, regardless of ownership you've still stuck with and moaning about the ownership won't make a blind bit of difference. They've all wanted profit, as business owner do and that's what clubs are as well and have been for a very long time, business.

Doesn't matter if its football, cricket, boxing or whatever...its a business venture and profit to be had. That's the way of it and I'd not be surprised to see FC United end up in the same way in the years ahead.

Bestietom

Woodward should stick to the business end, (commercial deals and income) and leave football matters to football people.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Woodward is the biggest problem.

Anyone who has worked in business will have at some point been under someone like him, decent at what he does but limited. Yet has his tentacles in everything, including the ears of the owners. Not that those twats are much better, but this leech has found his vein to hit and it's the real problem here.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
We lost ten games this season... If we had won all of them we would have finished third!

Not sure the glazers are going to invest the money and that Woodward can put the structure in place to sort it out

Right now I'd welcome new Saudi overlords if it meant a restructure and investment

dev1l

Woodward should stick to the business end, (commercial deals and income) and leave football matters to football people.
He cannot leave football matters to football people...he needs the "right"players that sell shirts..
Whether they fit or not in the team, it doesn't matter. As long he continues to make bigger profits his job is safe. His main goal is profits not trophies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He cannot leave football matters to football people...he needs the "right"players that sell shirts..
Whether they fit or not in the team, it doesn't matter. As long he continues to make bigger profits his job is safe. His main goal is profits not trophies.
Correct on all points.
And while we operate as a business, first (football, on-pitch performances secondary), we will continue to go further behind the leading clubs.
Some people think that it will get better in the Summer...I think it's going to get much worse, before it gets better.

OGSaviour

Like at Tampa Bay, the glazers like to keep money men around them, sucking every penny they can can muster from the clubs, only when they sucked everything dry will they discard the shell of the club, so there's no chance of getting rid of their lapdog Woodword.

Josep Dowling

De Gea and Mata are going. Fans are blaming Pogba when he’s clearly our best player. He will want to leave. Ole has already stated we won’t get 6 players, likely 4 come in. Daniel James is our first target, so that means we will get 3 more players. It’s simply not enough to even match 6th this season, especially under an incompetent, inexperienced manager.

The only reason we are in this mess is because of Ed Woodward making wrong decision after wrong decision, and the owners are allowing him to do so. Feck this club, I done with them unless something changes, the Old Trafford crowd are just are bad for clapping the players after that shower today, but some had time to hurl abuse at the only outfield player with quality. See what happens when he leaves, not replaced and Solskjaer continues with Young, Small and Jones every week.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
1 billion gone to the banks to service THEIR debt. And we're still in masses of debt too so the money still goes out.

Fecking parasites. I hope the chief parasite is rotting in hell.

Glazer scum out.

Woziak

De Gea and Mata are going. Fans are blaming Pogba when he’s clearly our best player. He will want to leave. Ole has already stated we won’t get 6 players, likely 4 come in. Daniel James is our first target, so that means we will get 3 more players. It’s simply not enough to even match 6th this season, especially under an incompetent, inexperienced manager.

The only reason we are in this mess is because of Ed Woodward making wrong decision after wrong decision, and the owners are allowing him to do so. Feck this club, I done with them unless something changes, the Old Trafford crowd are just are bad for clapping the players after that shower today, but some had time to hurl abuse at the only outfield player with quality. See what happens when he leaves, not replaced and Solskjaer continues with Young, Small and Jones every week.
I would normally agree with everything you are saying in the post, but the 4 players in was probably the plan in December when no business was done. The reality of 8 points from the last 9 games and the youth today showing that at 17-20, they are not quite ready but will be soon, plus the exodus of players desperate to leave a sinking ship means the club will have to bring in 6 or 7 players.

D De Gea, J Mata, A Herrra, A Valencia, A Sanchez, M Rojo and Darmian will all be gone, the Latin element of the club will be purged.

I'm not sure about Pogba due to Raiola's ban and Lukaku may be kept because we simply can not replace him like for like. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if both of them left as well!
Can see 4 big transfers and 2 players like Daniel James costing £30M combined.

Josep Dowling

I would normally agree with everything you are saying in the post, but the 4 players in was probably the plan in December when no business was done. The reality of 8 points from the last 9 games and the youth today showing that at 17-20, they are not quite ready but will be soon, plus the exodus of players desperate to leave a sinking ship means the club will have to bring in 6 or 7 players.

D De Gea, J Mata, A Herrra, A Valencia, A Sanchez, M Rojo and Darmian will all be gone, the Latin element of the club will be purged.

I'm not sure about Pogba due to Raiola's ban and Lukaku may be kept because we simply can not replace him like for like. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if both of them left as well!
Can see 4 big transfers and 2 players like Daniel James costing £30M combined.
I hope you’re right but I can’t see it.

Moriarty

In 1902 the club was going into administration, bought out by whom? John Henry Davis a local brewer who used the club to sell alcohol to match going fans. He invested 60k to grow the ground and in turn increase profits.
And what, pray tell, is wrong with that?

AllezLesDiables

Stupid post. NFL has a salary cap.
Irrelevant the Buccaneers are a terribly run franchise one of the worst in the 4 major sports league in NA. The NHL has a hard cap and yet there are teams that are consistently shit due to gross incompetence of the ownership.

Three of the four of the leagues in NA are parity driven.

Baseball most resembles the PL in terms of the financial advantages of the top teams.

In baseball the top teams have money and usually are there every year whereas the poorer teams are like the bottom table teams of the PL.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
@AllezLesDiables MLB has a luxury tax. You can’t really compare owning a PL team with any American sports franchise. It’s apples and oranges. And btw, Astros and Royals are two historically small market teams who’ve recently won the World Series.

AllezLesDiables

@AllezLesDiables MLB has a luxury tax. You can’t really compare owning a PL team with any American sports franchise. It’s apples and oranges. And btw, Astros and Royals are two historically small market teams who’ve recently won the World Series.
Sure it’s not an exact replica but it’s the closet to the PL in terms of inequity based on financial fortune.

The NBA has a soft cap and a luxury tax and the Warriors keep going in deep to win. They have the type of owners that United needs. They make plenty of cash but they play the long game and they actually are passionate to win.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sure it’s not an exact replica but it’s the closet to the PL in terms of inequity based on financial fortune.

The NBA has a soft cap and a luxury tax and the Warriors keep going in deep to win. They have the type of owners that United needs. They make plenty of cash but they play the long game and they actually are passionate to win.
It's a little bit special in the sense that the NBA isn't that costly, you don't really need a lot of good players and in the case of the Warriors most of their key players are underpaid.

Giggs86

As long as they make profit they aren't going anywhere. We are just a number in the books for them, they give zero shits about anything football related. And as long as they make profit, they will keep Eddy in charge to leech every penny out of every commercial deal they can profit from.

At this point, all we got left is to hope someone with some pride and passion for football will buy the club.

smallred

unless we start an all out protest against Woodward, we will never ever recover.

if you care about this club, you need to speak up, stand up and fight to get this man moved aside to a finance role, far far away from football.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The Glazers and their cronies are a fecking plague. Incompetent wankers ruined everything in record time, did a better job than some bitter scouser would've.

get them out of this club as soon as possible, stop fecking going to games, do whatever necessary, it is the only way

MrSingh2002

Glazers can stay if they move Woodward away from the football side of business. We need a director of football in ASAP.

f_to_z

I this was a company that cared about their costumers then Woodward would be fired. But this is a company that cares about money, thats why he stays.

Moriarty

The Glazers and their cronies are a fecking plague. Incompetent wankers ruined everything in record time, did a better job than some bitter scouser would've.

get them out of this club as soon as possible, stop fecking going to games, do whatever necessary, it is the only way
According to Tom Clare, up to 75% of our home crowd is day-trippers, OOT'ers and corporates. The Glazers don't care whose arses are on the seats as long as the place is filled. I don't know how significant match-day revenue is but I'm guessing that the tourists all shuffle through the megastore and spend a few bob.

jem

We lost ten games this season... If we had won all of them we would have finished third!

Not sure the glazers are going to invest the money and that Woodward can put the structure in place to sort it out

Right now I'd welcome new Saudi overlords if it meant a restructure and investment
Putting aside the obvious human rights issues, what makes you sure someone like Mohammad Bin Salman (assuming he'd be part of the takeover team) wouldn't stick his nose into the sporting side of the thing? The guy hardly comes across as a deep-thinking, delegating type. I personally wouldn't want him near the club.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
According to Tom Clare, up to 75% of our home crowd is day-trippers, OOT'ers and corporates. The Glazers don't care whose arses are on the seats as long as the place is filled. I don't know how significant match-day revenue is but I'm guessing that the tourists all shuffle through the megastore and spend a few bob.
And those will drop if we continue sucking.

Really incredible how the Glazer's and Woodward doesn't see it. Would love to see their faces when it comes to sponsors renewal and the realisation that we're no longer able to command top money anymore.

red thru&thru

Glazer's, if for nothing else, need to go because of their incompetence of not getting rid of Ed Woodward.

Irrespective of all the money being taken out of the club etc etc, they have allowed a few £'s to be spent in the past 6 years but Ed just has got it all wrong. But yet, the Glazer's insist on keeping him there.

The Mad Manc

It's obvious now.

They are the main culprits for our incredible downfall following SAF's retirement.

Until both leave, I don't think we'll get back to the top. Unless we somehow managed to unearth a SAF 2.0 again.
The question then is how? How do we make them leave? Hope that somebody buys the Glazers out? We need action. A coordinated effort from fans and fan groups like MUST to hit them in the only place it hurts, their pockets.

I've unfollowed all Utd social media and the club will not get a single penny more from me whilst the Glazers and Woodward remain. I realise that has little impact on its own, but if all fans did that, including stopping going to games and protesting outside whilst the stadium is empty, we might be able to force their hand. This needs a proper strategy coordinated by I honestly don't know who.

Enigma_87

You know who
You have to admire how Ed finds a new way to take the club to a new low.

Hiring Ole as a perm, giving him big contract and us looking even more clueless than 5 months ago.

The only thing he got right was that fax machine.

Bowlcut11

The difficult thing is trying to understand a scenario in which they do decide to leave. We make too much money which is literally all they care about.

They're never gonna sack their man Ed who rakes in million after million in official club Tractor/Noodle deals. The only way I can see them going is once they've milked the club for every last pound they can.

It's a terrifying prospect because there's no one who's culpable bar manager after manager and it's far beyond their control.